OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Taking The Search To Another Level

#681 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Conquering The Next Level
Day 6
Noonish

The group is relieved to learn that they may have finally found the exit to this place, though none of them chance rushing straight through the doorway just yet. A mode of travel is discussed, as are provisions, two things they will surely need once they leave the safety of this strange home.

Mac reminds the party that they may find some of the answers they seek in the form of the fiery Gingwatzim from the treasure pool in the Chapel room, to which Grossphil adamantly agrees. The unhealthy elf then suggests this door be looked at through Mac's powerful gem of sight.

While suggestions are made about how to word their questions, Zefarrel sticks her staff through the open doorway and pulls it back again. It comes back slightly wet from the splashing surf, and has a hint of a salty sea smell now, but the weapon is otherwise unharmed.

Actions?

Elitir 10/22
Finnigan 8/25
Zefarrel 8/20 4/4 first 3/3 second
Sprig 10/10 2/2 first
Grossphil 8/16 2/2 first 1/1 second
Mac 7/7 2/2 first 1/1 second

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#682 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Mac

Mac dutifully scans the room through the gem, looking for anything hidden.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#683 Post by Rex »

Elitir

Elitir makes herself comfortable to rest another day and wait for Mac to comment on what he sees.

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#684 Post by scottjen »

Since we have time to kill & I can't remember what's been tried...
Zefarrel gets on the magic carpet and sees if pointing her finger will work on making it move. She will then try telling the carpet: "up, down, forward" to see if those have any effect.
She will then cast her gem-inlaid sticks (Augury) to see if she can find out whether or not putting on the fancy amulet would be beneficial or harmful.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#685 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"It looks as if we may pass through the door, from this direction, at least. It seems to escape, all we need is the command words for the flying carpet. And possibly the command word for this," says Sprig, holding up the fly figurine, "in case we won't all fit on the carpet."

He examines the square footage of the carpet and the members of the party, trying to determine if they will all fit comfortably or not.

hyperborea
Tracker
Tracker

#686 Post by hyperborea »

Grossphil the Feeble

Grossphil is content to wait and hear what the results of the augury and the gem of seeing are while he contemplates possible questions to ask.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#687 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Conquering The Next Level
Day 6
Noonish

Many discoveries are made while the group continues to rest in the secret bedroom of Castanamir the Mage.

Mac looks around the room with his gem, specifically at the strange doorway. He doesn't spot anything out of the ordinary about anything he sees.

Zefarrel tries to get the rug to move, but without the magic words to command it with, it simply floats in the center of the room. She casts lots and prays to see if putting on the amulet would be good or bad and finds that's its use would be quite beneficial.

Sprig ascertains that the rug still floats with everyone on it except for their heaviest member, Finnigan. The gnome still cant get his black fly to cooperate either.

With nothing pounding down the door to get inside at them, the party seems to agree that another full day of rest might be in order, hoping that the Gingwatzim in the pool will have the answers they seek now that they have acquired its steep price.

Actions?

Elitir 10/22
Finnigan 8/25
Zefarrel 8/20 0/4 first 2/3 second
Sprig 10/10 2/2 first
Grossphil 8/16 2/2 first 1/1 second
Mac 7/7 2/2 first 1/1 second

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#688 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ok, I think I can take the complete lack of action as a hint here. :lol:

I don't see any point in dragging this finale out any longer then we need to.

The Naranzim in the pool will identify the amulet and offer you the three command words you seek for the rug, fly, and amulet for 4,000gp or 4 magic items. (He is supposed to try to trick you into spending more by being vague with his answers, but I think most of you have already experienced enough of that. If anyone has any other answers they want to buy, we can address those ooc as well.)

Since Zemroy was the "boss monster" on this level and you are already at the final doorstep of the adventure, you wont need the gold or gems for anything else. So, I will assume that you are willing to pay for the information.

Ebony Fly: MacKoll
Flying Carpet: Tromofantazek
Amulet of the Planes: Bensonmenel

Once the command words are spoken, the fly and rug can be controlled by simple voice commands. The amulet will only work for one person, but that is an option as well.

So, all we really need now is a final game plan on how you plan to leave this place.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#689 Post by Rex »

Elitir

"Don't dwarves sometimes have issues with magic items? If so I think Finn should be a passenger on the rug but not control it. Maybe the next heaviest person takes the fly? Then we try for the main land."

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#690 Post by scottjen »

How many people can fit on the carpet?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#691 Post by OGRE MAGE »

OGRE MAGE wrote:Sprig ascertains that the rug still floats with everyone on it except for their heaviest member, Finnigan.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#692 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Mac

"Do we have a way to get food, or should we go gather some down below?" Mac seems delighted by the newly found command words for the carpet and flits here and there.

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#693 Post by scottjen »

Zefarrel: We should gather provisions and blankets and then all but Fin should get on the carpet. Fin should use the Fly. Then back into the sunlight we can go!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#694 Post by Rex »

Elitir

"I think Sprig should take the fly."

hyperborea
Tracker
Tracker

#695 Post by hyperborea »

Grossphil the Feeble

"All of us aside from Fin can fit on the carpet though, it makes sense that he use the fly. As for provisions, how much will we need? How long was our initial voyage to this island? It feels like it's been eons, remember when the first thing that happened to us was a shipwreck that required strength to stay afloat? Not a great first memory for me, but we all managed to make it here."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#696 Post by Rex »

Elitir

My meta gaming sorry. The fly's speed is based on weight, Finn has the slowest fly rate for the fly and it only operates for 12 hours so he has the most chance of drowning using it. Sprig has the fastest speed and thus the least chance of drowning. Dwarves also have a 20% failure rate using magic rings and I have seen DM's apply it to other magic items as well, easy to determine since if Finn can't make it work it is a no go.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#697 Post by Alethan »

Finnigan coughs and clutches at his chest. "It's ok... you guys... save yourselves. Go on with... go on without me." He coughs again.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#698 Post by OGRE MAGE »

While the group gathers their information and discuss who should fly what, they each notice that the newly revived Mac isn't looking very good anymore. His face looks pale and sunken in, even more so than normal. He isn't feeling the best either, his stomach aches and his head is pounding like a drum.

Is it possible that the highly powerful elixir left behind by Zemroy was tainted or only works for a limited time?

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#699 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Mac

*Cough* *Cough*

"I'm going to sit here for a bit if you don't mind. I think that carpet ride didn't agree with me." He notices Grossphil's reaction. "Nothing to be alarmed about, my boy. I'm sure it's nothing but an old man's vertigo."

Mac slumps down on the chair.

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#700 Post by scottjen »

Zefarrel: It seems we need to vacate this place as soon as possible before we all come down with some sort of plague. I have no spells to counteract such. She will gather the things mentioned previously and get on the rug, encouraging all others who want to leave to do the same.

Return to “C3 The Lost Island... (1E Tournament)”