OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Taking The Search To Another Level

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Next Level
Day 3
Mid Morning

Certain they are on to something here in this room with this secret hidden hole leading up to another level of the wizards house, the group ascends one by one. They still hope to find their way out of here, preferably before their little friend Sprig succumbs to his horrible sickness.

Zefarrel gets Sprig situated and is about to float back down when she sees Elitir boosting the dwarf up to the opening. She reaches down to pull Finnigan the rest of the way through the hole when she hears a gasp from behind her, coming from the sickly gnome.

Sprig looks around the room for a potion or elixir, but he doesn't see any. When he looks down the long hallway that leads to another black portal, he is shocked to see that his group is not alone up here. There is what appears to be a wolverine at the end of the hall. When the creature spots the tiny thief, it instantly gives chase directly at him.

Actions!

Fin will be up over the edge by the time the wolverine gets close enough to attack someone. Elitir, Mac, and Grossphil will still be down below in the Gingwatzim room when it arrives.

Elitir 21/22
Zefarrel 20/20 1/4 first 3/3 second
Grossphil 16/16 2/2 first 1/1 second Invisible
Mac 7/7 2/2 first 1/1 second
Sprig 10/10 2/2 first
Finnigan 25/25

IMG_2214.JPG
IMG_2214.JPG (638.38 KiB) Viewed 4668 times

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Taking The Search To Another Level

#2 Post by Alethan »

When he can, Finnigan steps in front of the thief to protect him from the vicious beast. If it attacks, he uses his axe to try and cut the beast in half.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#3 Post by scottjen »

Zefarrel: Frey blast it! I hope the rest of you can get up here. We've got unfriendly company. If the creature closes the distance, she will attack it with her staff.

hyperborea
Tracker
Tracker

#4 Post by hyperborea »

Grossphil the Feeble

After having been silent for what feels like weeks, Grossphil is finally done daydreaming and trying not to breath in any air that Sprig may have breathed (courtesy of his disease).

He hears the shouts from his companions above and says, "Elitir boost me up, I don't think my skinny arms are going to be able to lift you. No offense."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rex »

Elitir

"Agreed, put your foot in my hands and reach for the edge to grab, I am going to toss you up." Elitir grips her hands together and forms a cup for Grossphill, once he is in she tosses him up so he will clear the floor and can grab something or the edge.

Str 17

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Mac

Mac watches as Grossphil is manhandled by Elitir. "Hmmm. Excellent adaptation of dwarf tossing. Invisible, no less. Remarkable." He frowns when he sees it may be his turn next. "Perhaps there is a less undignified way for us to ascend?"

"Master Grossphil? Is there, by chance, some rope up there? Or even better, a ladder?"

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Sorry for late posting, guys - got sick on Wednesday and just getting over it. Bleh.
Sprig, startled, immediately executes a quick series of intricate finger movements ending in a fanning motion down the hallway towards the approaching, clearly hostile creature.
Casts Color Spray.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#8 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Next Level
Day 3
Mid Morning

Sprig begins a spell as soon as he spots the oncoming threat. As the wolverine gets closer, he realizes that it is a giant sized version of the species, and almost twice his size.

Finnigan hops up through the hole with the help of Zefarrel. The dwarf snickers when he sees the gnome in trouble, rushing over to intercept the creature with his ax. As he arrives, Sprig tosses a pinch of bright powder at the giant animal that fans out to morph into a colorful spray that shoots towards the wolverine. It stops right in its tracks and falls limp to the stone floor once the wave hits its eyes.

To Mac’s dismay, he watches Elitir toss the invisible elf through the hole next, knowing it will be his turn next. Zefarrel has trouble finding the unseen mage at first, but is eventually able to pull him up over the side of the floor hole. Nobody spots a ladder or stairs of any kind nearby.

Actions?

Elitir 21/22
Sprig 10/10 2/2 first
Finnigan 25/25

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#9 Post by Alethan »

While it's disabled, Finnigan chops the creature's head off.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#10 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Next Level
Day 3
Mid Morning

Finnigan walks up to the fallen animal and swipes off its head with his ax. Much to his astonishment, the giant wolverine suddenly disappears with an audible pop as soon as the creature is dead. The dwarf feels around for it with his ax, but the thing is simply no longer there.

In the meantime, Elitir and Zefarrel are able to lift the rest of the stragglers still below up and through the floor. Everyone looks around the empty L-shaped room, but they find nothing more than the 4 black portals.

Actions?

map:
IMG_2230.JPG
IMG_2230.JPG (552.79 KiB) Viewed 4604 times
Elitir 21/22
Sprig 10/10 2/2 first
Finnigan 25/25

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Rex »

Elitir

Once up Elitir will search the room for secrets. "Which one now?"

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#13 Post by Alethan »

Finnigan nods in approval.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Rex »

Elitir

"Agreed then" Elitir leads the way through the western portal.

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#15 Post by scottjen »

Zefarrel: More black portals, great. Never thought I'd miss normal doors. She follows though the portal (Am I 3rd in line now? can't remember).

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#16 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I consider this to be the marching order. If anyone would like to be moved, just let me know.

Elitir 21/22
Sprig 10/10 2/2 first
Finnigan 25/25

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Mac

Mac looks around at the emptiness. "So, what was the problem up here? An Illusion? Interesting." Mac takes a moment to examine the room through his gem. "I should really mount this thing in some sort of monocle device."

If he finds nothing, he will follow the others to the western portal.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#18 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Next Level
Day 3
Late Morning

Elitir, the half-orc fighter, finds this empty hall to be a strange addition to the wizards home, so she looks around for any secrets it may hold. She doesn't find anything. Mac also thinks it is strange to have a room so oddly shaped, yet with nothing in it other than the black portals. He takes out his gem again and peers around the place.

It takes some time, but the bibliophile finally spots something odd along the south wall next to the floor opening. There appears to be a secret door, nearly undetectable without the use of his magic seeing gem. The door is an outline only. There is no handle or locking mechanism on it anywhere. The mage points out the outline to the others, but with no clear way to enter, nobody seems sure how to get through it. Pushing, pulling, and prodding reveal nothing.

Actions?

map:
IMG_2234.JPG
IMG_2234.JPG (660.92 KiB) Viewed 4558 times
Elitir 21/22
Sprig 10/10 2/2 first
Finnigan 25/25

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#19 Post by scottjen »

Zefarrel: Maybe we need a magic word or item to open it. There may be a clue in another room...

hyperborea
Tracker
Tracker

#20 Post by hyperborea »

Grossphil the Feeble

Grossphil considers the secret door for a moment, but after watching his allies poke at it for a moment he thinks there must be something they're missing.

"Any self-respecting mage of significant power would keep anything he has of value/importance under the guard of magical protection. Something tells me what we're looking for is through that door, but we may need to do some more digging in the other rooms as our cleric suggested. We could find instructions on a scroll on how to open it, or perhaps a scroll containing the knock spell. Though Mac if you have the knock spell that would be worth trying; I myself don't have it. But if we do go through a portal I suggest we go through the west portal that Elitir is standing next to. So if Mac doesn't have the knock spell, I say let's go through the portal and get a move on before Sprig infects all of us or we die of other causes. Whatever comes first."

Return to “C3 The Lost Island... (1E Tournament)”