Taking The Search To Another Level

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Taking The Search To Another Level

#661 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Elitir finds nothing odd or off about the plain looking wooden door.

Beyond it, Sprig hears only silence.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#662 Post by Alethan »

Finnigan sits down. "I need to rest. And heal. This place looks as good a place as any..."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

hyperborea
Tracker
Tracker

#663 Post by hyperborea »

Grossphil the Feeble

A bit sheepishly, he says to Elitir, "Astoundingly, I don't have detect magic as a spell. And after plenty of time scrolling through Mac's book in the past hour, I know he doesn't either. If we wish detection, it seems we may be relying on our brave cleric."

He takes another look at the wooden door and says, "I agree with Fin, but we ought to try piling some things up in front of that door in case something comes after us. We could even use Zemroy's body if necessary."

Does the wooden door open towards us or into the next room/hallway/area?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#664 Post by Rex »

Elitir

With a chuckle "I don't think Zemroy's body will be much use, other than creating a mess. Rest it is."

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#665 Post by ChubbyPixie »

“Perhaps these will help?” says Sprig, holding up a trio of spikes he pulls from his pack. He’ll spike both doors closed. When they finally settle in to rest, he’ll jump up and try out the responsive pressure point relief and lumbar support of the flying carpet.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#666 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Conquering The Next Level
Day 6
Morning?

Sprig comes up with a compromise to Zefarrels dilemma. He spikes both doors closed and hops onto the hovering rug for some rest. The gnome finds the rug quite comfortable to lay upon. When he starts looking around the room at all the chests filled with clothing, he wonders if this place was once Castanamir's bedroom. There is enough room on the rug to sleep 3 smaller members of the group.

The day goes by uneventfully and sheer boredom takes over. After searching through the wizards memorabilia and reading over journals and other written records, it becomes clear that Castanamir was as well respected as he was mysterious. There are literally hundreds of decrees and awards with the mans name on them littering the room. His part in something called the "Goblin Wars" is documented in detail, many times over, and by many people.

After plenty of rest and sleep, the group feels well enough to study their books and pray to their gods for aid again. Maybe today will be the day they actually find their way out of this strange abode. Mac winces awkwardly when he rises, not quite feeling himself again yet.

Actions?

map:
IMG_2729.JPG
IMG_2729.JPG (735.45 KiB) Viewed 2132 times
Elitir 6/22
Finnigan 4/25
Zefarrel 8/20 4/4 first 3/3 second
Sprig 10/10 2/2 first
Grossphil 8/16 2/2 first 1/1 second
Mac 7/7 2/2 first 1/1 second

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#667 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Mac

Having looked over the vast tomes and papers before resting, Mac feels secure that this is the private chamber of the mage. "That door is probably a closet. That or a harem. No. Wait. If you were a badass mage with a crazy portal tower full of experiments and defenses, wouldn't you have a back door?"

Mac looks at the wooden door with anticipation. "A bunch of travel bags, a flying carpet. I bet that amulet helps in travel as well." Mac spends his waking time looking for command words, muttering the whole time.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#668 Post by Rex »

Elitir

"It seems to me this room makes sense as the emergency cache, I know most keeps and castles have something similar hidden near the escape tunnel if they have one. The thing that seems to be missing though is food, water and healing. Maybe the amulet is involved in something like that."

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#669 Post by scottjen »

Zefarrel doing some healing:
CLW on Elitir: cure light wounds [1d8] = 1
How unfortunate.
CLW on Fin: cure light wounds [1d8] = 2
wow.
Round 2: cure light wounds [1d8] = 3 and

cure light wounds [1d8] = 2

And that's it. Sorry guys, the dice roller is not my friend tonight.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#670 Post by Rex »

Looks like more rest to me, the Gods have spoken.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#671 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Sprig will go examine the wooden door more carefully for any kind of traps or special markings, then will remove the spike. He looks to the others.

"Well, shall we?" he says.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#672 Post by Rex »

Elitir

Elitir readies herself. "Go for it."

hyperborea
Tracker
Tracker

#673 Post by hyperborea »

Grossphil the Feeble

Grossphil would prefer resting again, but he understands the restlessness of the group and will get in formation near the back of the group and prepare to go through the door.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#674 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Conquering The Next Level
Day 6
Morning?

After hours of searching the entire room, not one command word is found for any of the items the group has acquired so far.

Mac seems a little off to the others, likely because he was just dead yesterday. The former librarian suggests that the door must be an escape hatch of some kind. Elitir agrees, but wonders about the lack of food and water around, forgetting the well guarded kitchen area they found earlier right below this very level.

Zefarrel spends her morning praying and healing the others, to little effect. There is talk about staying in here another full day so they can rest and heal again.

Sprig checks out the door carefully, quite certain that there are no traps present. He grabs the ring and looks to the others who nod for him to give it a tug. Grossphil backs away, uncertain what might jump out at them once its opened.

The gnome yanks the wooden door open to reveal a strange and wondrous sight. For the first time in several days, sunlight shines on the faces of the party. Looking outside, the group can see the rocky shoreline of the tiny island they landed on a week ago. They spot the bright blue noontime sky above them and the vast sea they sailed to get here that stretches all the way to the horizon. The now much calmer surf splashes up onto the island, sending spray across the face of the doorway. The really strange thing about it all is, the splashing and lapping water does not enter the room. It stops directly in front of the doorway and then just drips down again, as if there were an invisible pane of glass stopping the wind and water from entering.

Other than the waves and the rocky shoreline, the adventurers don't see anything else outside the door.

Actions?

Elitir 10/22
Finnigan 8/25
Zefarrel 8/20 4/4 first 3/3 second
Sprig 10/10 2/2 first
Grossphil 8/16 2/2 first 1/1 second
Mac 7/7 2/2 first 1/1 second

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#675 Post by Rex »

Elitir

"Looks like we found the back door my friends."

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#676 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Mac

Mac smiles as the sun washes over his weathered face. "Ah. That is unexpectedly pleasant. Is that...I think it is. That's the island we first landed on. Do you think it real, or is it just a superb illusion?"

Mac looks at the bags of loot. "So. A thought occurred to me. Didn't that fountain gingwatzim say something about answering questions for a fee? It seems like we may be able to afford the cover charge now."

hyperborea
Tracker
Tracker

#677 Post by hyperborea »

Grossphil the Feeble

He can't help but smile at the sight of the outside world again, but he soon scrunches his eyebrows in thought.

"There's clearly a magical barrier preventing the water from entering, and I assume preventing us from exiting as well. There must be a code word, or item that will get us through here. I'd say the amulet and magic carpet are likely places to start. Maybe if we were to wear the amulet we could pass through the barrier? Though we still have the issue of actually getting out of here with no ship..."

He trails off for a minute and then listens to what Mac says, "Brilliant! We can use the gems we found to potentially get the answers we're looking for. I'm in favor of returning, with the amulet, and seeing where that gets us with Zemroy out of the picture. Oh and while thinking about gems, Mac, maybe use the gem of seeing just to learn all we can about this magic barrier we're dealing with."

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#678 Post by scottjen »

Zefarrel pokes her staff at the barrier to see if it is solid. (assuming nothing happens to her)...facing the sun, she smiles happily. As much as I'd like to bask in the holy sunshine, the mages have a good idea. We need to think of some questions for it. What about: How do we use the flying carpet? What does the amulet do?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#679 Post by Rex »

Elitir

"Agreed, it is a good idea. We also need stock up on as much supplies as possible before we exit in case we can't get back in. Who know how long until a ship comes by."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#680 Post by Alethan »

"What about, "How do we get through the doorway in the secret room with the flying carpet?"Finnigan mumbles quietly to himself.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Return to “C3 The Lost Island... (1E Tournament)”