OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Taking The Search To Another Level

#641 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Conquering The Next Level
Day 5
Mourning?

Grossphil watches Zemroy finally fall and immediately rushes over to loot his dead body. Sprig, still covered in the gore of battle, is there to rifle through the wizards things as well. The elf hopes to find a spell book that he can utilize to increase his powers, while the gnome searches for a way to activate all of the fun new items they have found. They don't find any books, but the man does have a packet of thick papers on him. The pages are all covered with bumps and ridges that stick up slightly from the surface of the page. What any of it says or means is beyond both of the spellcasters. Sprig finds no notes or keys to the rug. Other than some basic spell components in his pouch, the mage appears to have used every magical trinket he owned in the deadly battle.

Zefarrel picks up the odd shaped potion bottle the wizard just dropped. Looking at it closer, she sees a glass tube inside that runs all the way to the bottom of the vessel. There are 3 glass dividers inside the bottle, separating the contents into 4 equal parts. 3 of the sections still hold liquid that can be accessed by inverting the bottle and allowing the top section to fill from one section at a time. She fills the top portion and administers a dose to Finnigan, who quickly regains consciousness. She does the same thing for Elitir next, allowing her to return to the world of the living as well.

Poor Zefarrel nearly faints when she suddenly sees a mouth appear on the side of the bottle once it is drained down to its very last section. It begins talking to her.

"If you are looting my possessions, I must be dead. If you want even more gold and magic, I will give you everything that I have stashed away. All you need to do is bring me back to life first. Administer to me the final draught of this potion, and I will make you rich beyond your wildest dreams."

Fin and Eli believe they must still be dreaming as they watch the potion bottle that just saved them conversing with their cleric. Then the group notices the cloud of stinking vapors that Zemroy created earlier suddenly vanish, leaving behind a slight hint of rotting cabbage.

Actions!

map:
IMG_2714.JPG
IMG_2714.JPG (1 MiB) Viewed 2003 times
Elitir 4/22
Finnigan 2/25
Zefarrel 6/20 0/4 first 2/3 second
Sprig 8/10 1/2 first
Grossphil 6/16 0/2 first 0/1 second

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#642 Post by Rex »

Elitir

"Give Finnigan the last dose of that stuff and I am hacking Zemroy's body into little pieces before some idiot gets an idea about bringing him back."

Elitir will strip Zemroy, then hack him into a hundred or so pieces.

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#643 Post by scottjen »

Zefarrel: There is no chance I'm giving the potion to Zemroy. What fool would fall for that? . Does the potion in the various sections look the same? If so, she'll give the last dose to Fin.
We should gather his items together so I can see if they are magical. After resting of course. we need to heal up

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#644 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Examining the bumpy papers, Sprig assumes the marks must be some sort of language. "Grossphil, do you have a spell to read languages? I never learned that one..." he says. He then steps back, surprised, as Elitir begins hacking up Zemroy's corpse. He doesn't feel particularly unhappy about it, though.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#645 Post by Alethan »

"Axes are more suited for chopping, Elly," Finnigan grunts, swinging his axe onto the neck of the dead wizard in order to better remove his head.

"He killed our friend and tried to kill all of us many times. No way we're bringing him back."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

hyperborea
Tracker
Tracker

#646 Post by hyperborea »

Grossphil the Feeble

Grossphil happily watches the fighters hack at Zemroy's body, and even contemplates kicking Zemroy but quickly concludes he might strain a muscle or break his leg at even attempting something slightly physical.

He turns to Sprig, "I have a read magic spell, as well as a comprehend languages spell, in my spell book but don't have either one readied. I'm quite curious to know what's on those papers, but it'll have to wait till tomorrow. Speaking of which, I think we've all seen better days and this looks a good a time as any to get some rest now that the deranged wizard can't harass us any further. Shall we hole up in the flying carpet room for the night to recover?"

Love the attempt to get us to bring Zemroy back but there was no way in hell any of us were going to be in favor of that. I think I'm speaking for everyone when I say that killing him is the most satisfying thing that's happened on this adventure.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#647 Post by OGRE MAGE »

scottjen wrote:Does the potion in the various sections look the same?
The two doses given to the fighters had a light bluish tint with no scent.

The only remaining dose in the final section of the bottle is crystal clear. It smells of menthol and elderberries.

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#648 Post by scottjen »

Zefarrel: I don't know what the last potion does, but it is different than the other sections that we knew to be healing. If the Zemroy magic mouth is correct, it could revive the dead. We know his soul was black, but would he be lying about something that may save his own skin? I will attempt some divine advice. She goes into the magic carpet room & finds a place to throw her gem inlaid sticks and cast her augury. She will try to determine if it would be beneficial to give the potion to Mac.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#649 Post by OGRE MAGE »

To avoid the meat shower, Zefarrel moves into the secret room to toss her scrying sticks in private, beseeching her goddess if she should administer the remainder of the liquid to Mac. A few moments later......

The soft whisper of Frey kisses the cleric’s ears.

“Do it, child.”

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#650 Post by scottjen »

Zefarrel gives the remainder of the potion to Mac hoping that her guess is correct...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#651 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Day 5
Mourning?

Sprig and Grosphil discuss the pack of bumpy papers found on the wizard. Now that the excitement is starting to wane, they both realize just how bettered the group really is.

Zefarrel gets a chill after casting her divination magic. Not because Zemroy is now in 132 pieces when she returns to the other room, but because her goddess has shown her the light, she thinks.

Administering the remaining contents of the potion bottle to Mac, the cleric needs to hold his still stinking withered old head and slowly open and close his dead throat for him to get the liquid down. She feels a strange pulsating heat from the elixir as it slowly drains into the old librarians gullet. Suddenly the once deceased wizard starts to cough and sputter again, trying to catch his breath and extinguish his blackened clothing. His eyes open slowly and he smiles up at the caring healer.

After all the grief and despair Zemroy caused the party over the last few days, is it really possible that he left behind a magic liquid so powerful that it can bring a person back from the dead. Mac seems to be quite confused, but also quite alive.

Actions!

map:
IMG_2723.JPG
IMG_2723.JPG (917.21 KiB) Viewed 1962 times
Elitir 4/22
Finnigan 2/25
Sprig 8/10 1/2 first
Mac 7/7 0/2 first 0/1 second

hyperborea wrote:Love the attempt to get us to bring Zemroy back...
Sometimes these things aren't always as they seem. :D

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#652 Post by Rex »

Elitir

"Excellent to see you alive Mac!" Elitir will search through the wizards possessions and the items in the room. Also for any secret/concealed doors/compartments.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#653 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"Great to have you back, Mac! No time for long greetings, we have looting to do!" says Sprig over his shoulder as he walks into the rug room. He'll go in the other direction from Elitir and begin examining shelves for treasure and clues, secret doors and compartments.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#654 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Mac

Mac sits up and looks about wildly. "What? Where?" His shock quickly turns to recognition and he thanks Zefarrel. "You brought me back for an epilogue, hmm? That was an interesting experience, let me say." Mac stares off into the distance. "Now. Where is that bastard? And what is all this...oh. I see. We won?"

Mac stands, a bit unsteady and staggers into the secret room.

Thanks for bringing me back. I promise I'll try not to turn evil... :lol:

hyperborea
Tracker
Tracker

#655 Post by hyperborea »

Grossphil the Feeble

He smiles at Mac, "Glad to have my partner-in-magic back. I kind of took your things to help with the combat so I suppose you'll be wanting them back..."

He returns all items he took from Mac, including the gem of seeing and his spell book. Afterwards he alerts Mac, "I did use a few spells from your book in attempts to defeat Zemroy, and some of the spells were destroyed in the fireball, so you won't have as many as you once had. I hope you understand the desperate situation we were in."

Grossphil follows the gang back into the secret room, and assuming everyone else goes in there he will close the door behind them.

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#656 Post by scottjen »

Zefarrel offers a short prayer to Frey thanking him for his divine guidance. She helps Mac into the secret room. We should pick out things we think are enchanted. I also think we should see if we can close and re-open this door from the inside (keeping someone outside just in case) once Zemroy's spells of web & stink fade. Then I think we should rest.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#657 Post by Rex »

Elitir

"Agreed, I can take the first watch so the spell casters can rest."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#658 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Day 5
Noonish?

Mac gets to his feet and thanks Zef for bringing him back, however she was able to do it. He is welcomed back to the group by most of the others.

No more possessions are found on the diced wizard, and after a very thorough search, no other secret doors or compartments are found in either room.

Once Mac gets his things back from Grossphil, and the webs from the dead wizard finally dissipate, the group reconvenes in the secret room. They try the well hidden secret door a few times, just to be sure, and it does seem to open from either side. They shut themselves in and begin going through the many shelves and chests, collecting everything they think might have value or a hint of magic to it. The accumulated pile looks like this:

2 sacks of coins (2500gp value)
1 sack of gems (4000gp value)
Miscellaneous jewelry, knick-knacks, trophies, books, and other baubles (2000gp value)
Packet of bumpy papers
A rather fine looking Amulet
A levitating rug

The single wooden door in the room is the only thing that hasn't been investigated yet.

Actions!

map:
IMG_2729.JPG
IMG_2729.JPG (735.45 KiB) Viewed 1931 times
Elitir 4/22
Finnigan 2/25
Sprig 8/10 1/2 first
Mac 7/7 0/2 first 0/1 second

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#659 Post by Rex »

Elitir

"Can anyone determine if any of this stuff is magic? I am going to check out the wooden door." Elitir will look over the wooden door but not mess with just yet.

Return to “C3 The Lost Island... (1E Tournament)”