B S (IV)

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: B S (IV)

#441 Post by Jernau35 »

I replaced my original d20 back in the '80s because it was just so battered and chipped. The other dice just got lost or migrated to being used in other games.

The only original I have left is my d12, because what the hell do you ever use that for? :) It hardly ever leaves the box.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#442 Post by SirOwen »

My original dice (and books!) were stolen in a burglary. Along with about 100 old minis that I had painted myself.
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#443 Post by OGRE MAGE »

That's a bummer!

I have recently updated my phone to something built in this century and I see that the new map pics I post look a little clearer now.

Thanks for putting up with my old man archaic technology in this game. :D

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#444 Post by SirOwen »

It's been working for me!!
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#445 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Good. Thanks! :mrgreen:

I have placed the usual town threads back into the announcements at the top of the thread list.

I think we may have another new player joining us shortly, so I'm glad there are some folks in town right now to join up with.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#446 Post by Karaunios »

OM, no chance you're getting DM burn-out any time soon or you're gonna have real life commitments that are gonna keep you from DMing this game, right? I'm enjoying it a lot and wouldn't like it to stop :lol:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#447 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Well thanks, I think. :lol:

No, Im not going anywhere anytime soon. I cant. I just invited 2 more players to join the game. :mrgreen:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#448 Post by OGRE MAGE »

A rather paltry experience point reward awaits Liam, Grimm, and Daisy for surviving their harrowing mission.

viewtopic.php?f=446&t=6230&p=429507#p429507

As usual......please make sure you record this stuff on your sheets, since I do not keep a running tally in this game.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#449 Post by Bluehorse »

OGRE MAGE wrote:Hrothgar sidles up to the diminutive Daisy once the paladin's show is over.

"And I thought I was the loud one around here."

"So, did Liam ever mention what he was going to do about this Bonnie? I hope he is taking care of all that dead leader business around town so we don't have to get involved with that."
And facepalm. I'm going to roast this guy for ProTekTor

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#450 Post by Karaunios »

OGRE MAGE wrote:Well thanks, I think. :lol:

No, Im not going anywhere anytime soon. I cant. I just invited 2 more players to join the game. :mrgreen:

Rad!

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#451 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Great about the two new players. I have several bottles of dice, some really old ones from my late husband, who got me into gaming, and some I have collected since. Also, there are several sets of high-contrast dice from when he had difficulty seeing.

I have 2 really cool new Traveller dice from a packet that was gifted to a member of our game group by Marc Miller himself. :D
SpinwardMarch

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#452 Post by Karaunios »

Ogre, when it comes to modifiers to the 'to hit' roll (whether situational, proficiency, attribute or racial modifiers), do you prefer us to add them in our rolls/makros or do you calculate those anyway by yourself by looking at our character sheets or what have you?

In short: what makes your life easier, that we add them to our rolls or not?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#453 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Great question!

If you have a permanent bonus (or penalty) to one of your rolls, like for Str/Dex or a magical +1 or whatever, I prefer that you include that with your normal attack macro. Then I am not constantly going back to see what you are using in each situation etc. (as a player, I usually make a macro for each of the weapons I might be attacking with, and then adjust those as needed if I find a new one with a magical bonus or whatever)

However, for temporary bonuses, like the Faerie Fire or a Bless spell etc., I normally figure that into the mix as needed.

So, I don't expect everyone to make a macro for every possible spell or situation, as long as your macros get updated when you get a new item or skill or whatever.

Does that make sense? :lol:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#454 Post by OGRE MAGE »

SpinwardMarch wrote:I have 2 really cool new Traveller dice from a packet that was gifted to a member of our game group by Marc Miller himself. :D
At Garycon about 5 years ago or so, my wife and I had breakfast with Frank Mentzer, who also invited Mark Miller to join us. He seemed like a pretty nice guy. :D

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#455 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ladies and gentlemen, would you please join me in welcoming our 2 newest players to the island.

Quonundrum is a new player to the Unseen Servant and will be playing the part of Andronichishche of Niole Dra. A half-elf spell caster who should be able to find work almost immediately. (hint hint) :D

Rex is a veteran of the US but will be a nice fresh addition to the island. He will be playing as Tlachtga Macha, a druid from the Dreadwood, back on the mainland. (wasn't someone just looking for a druid?) :D

A very warm and hardy welcome to you both! :mrgreen:

There is current action for you in the Tavern thread if you so choose. Or, feel free to start posting in any other town thread that suits your fancy. If you have questions about where to post or what to do, just ask.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#457 Post by Bluehorse »

OGRE MAGE wrote:... a magical +1 or whatever,

... :lol:
Now, now, let's not start comparing our magical +1 whatevers... we may have ladies reading this and we are all trying to pass as gentlemen ;)

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#458 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Welcome, welcome.

Don't believe what you hear about Bonnie and Krystal. She's just misunderstood. :lol:

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#459 Post by Jernau35 »

Welcome to the asylum island! :D
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#460 Post by SirOwen »