B S (IV)

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: B S (IV)

#461 Post by ravenn4544 »

Welcome! More people is more damage and death to spread around! woo!

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#462 Post by Quonundrum »

Thanks for the introduction! This isn't my first foray into PbP but it has been a number of years since (played briefly at MythWeavers). I'm particularly impressed with the community here at US and the emerging microcosm of the Big Shiny Island! Decided to try something new with this character and I figured the island could use both another cleric and magic-user, so ... voila! The logical choice was clear!

:D

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#463 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Jernau35 wrote:Once he hears Andronichishche pronounce his name to Randall, Maag calls over to the barkeeper, "Don't serve 'im no more Randall. 'e's already slurrin' 'is words!"
Another great welcome! :lol:

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#464 Post by Rex »

Thanks everyone for the welcome. We will see what you have to offer an aspiring Druidess Brett.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#465 Post by Karaunios »

OGRE MAGE wrote:Great question!

If you have a permanent bonus (or penalty) to one of your rolls, like for Str/Dex or a magical +1 or whatever, I prefer that you include that with your normal attack macro. Then I am not constantly going back to see what you are using in each situation etc. (as a player, I usually make a macro for each of the weapons I might be attacking with, and then adjust those as needed if I find a new one with a magical bonus or whatever)

However, for temporary bonuses, like the Faerie Fire or a Bless spell etc., I normally figure that into the mix as needed.

So, I don't expect everyone to make a macro for every possible spell or situation, as long as your macros get updated when you get a new item or skill or whatever.

Does that make sense? :lol:
Yes, it does :lol: Got it. I think I'm doing it right so far then.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#466 Post by Karaunios »

Welcome! The family grows :lol: And, Quonundrum, I think microcosm is a good word to describe the Big Shinny Island!

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#467 Post by Storm11 »

Welcome on board. It’s a fun ride
Greys Campaign.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#468 Post by Urson »

Welcome new folks!

On an unrelated topic: when did Nehru die?
FA FO

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#469 Post by OGRE MAGE »

He was killed after Liam and his friends dragged him out into the jungle. :lol:

I think that stuff happened in the private threads, but it should be public knowledge any time now. :mrgreen:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#470 Post by OGRE MAGE »

With the newer players coming on board, I figured I would toss out some reminders that everyone might benefit from again.

Town is considered a Free Zone, where "time and place" remain fluid and flexible so that people can interact with others without having to worry about what time or what day it is or if one person is in the tavern while another person is at the Hi-Lo or whatever. I know this can get confusing at times, especially when there are a lot of posts to read through, but I think it just flows a little better this way. So please feel free to go and do whatever you need to do in town, even if you are in the middle of a conversation in the tavern or wherever. This should hopefully get us back into the "dungeon" much faster and do away with 7 players waiting for that 1 player to finish up buying supplies ect.

I will try to post reminders in your private threads about things that are specific to your character if I think you might not have seen them. So hopefully that should alleviate things being missed or skipped. If I miss something that your character wanted to do or say, please remind me about it, since I have a lot to read through as well and am definitely not impervious to missing stuff.

The posting rate for this game is 48 hours, but I have been known to let that slide a day or two. Normally I try to push the action along as much as possible, so if you know that you are going to be away from the game for an extended period of time, please let us know that so we aren't waiting for no reason. If there is only one person left to post after the initial 2 days goes by, I usually NPC that action in order to keep the game flowing. I am happy to NPC your character if you need me to, but I would rather not do that on a regular basis.

Unfortunately, I am not a mind reader, so it helps if everyone posts after each of my DM updates. If you don't post because your character doesn't really have anything to do or say, the rest of us have no way of knowing that. Even if you just post a smiley face or something, at least then I know that you are up to date on what is happening and that we don't need to wait for your action. I hope that makes sense with everyone.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#471 Post by Rex »

Thanks everyone, glad to be onboard. Good to know about the Free Zone, Thanks OM.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#472 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Quonundrum wrote:Andron blinks for a moment, then looks from Daisy to Lerrick, back to Daisy, back to Lerrick, then down at the glass of rum in his right hand. What is in this stuff?
Excellent save! :lol:

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#473 Post by SirOwen »

OGRE MAGE wrote:He was killed after Liam and his friends dragged him out into the jungle. :lol:

I think that stuff happened in the private threads, but it should be public knowledge any time now. :mrgreen:
OK, then. I don't always follow the threads I'm not in as closely as I should, and I've been wondering how I missed that!
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#474 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I realize that there is a lot going on in this game, and that not everyone can read all of the things being posted. So, if there is ever a time like this when you aren’t sure what took place somewhere else, just ask about it.

If it is information that would eventually be known, and it doesn’t affect someone else’s storyline, I am happy to convey it.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#475 Post by ravenn4544 »

So what's going on? :)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#476 Post by OGRE MAGE »

:lol:

Liam is about to fill us all in on that.......I think. :D

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#477 Post by Rex »

Good, I am looking for information.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#478 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Bluehorse wrote:Liam

Looks stunned by Quarks words on multiple fronts... but he shakes it off and focuses on the most immediate piece of information. Bing?! So you sank his ship and have him here? How? No... I'm getting ahead of myself. Save it for the meeting... you say all others went down? There were no other survivors at all? May i see him?
Wait a minute... MAKE SURE HE'S NOT WEARING A FAKE BEARD. :)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#479 Post by OGRE MAGE »

:lol:

Nice to see that you're still following along after the recent tsunami of posts. :mrgreen:

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#480 Post by Jernau35 »

Quonundrum wrote: one month cabin rental would be very welcome, indeed.
You have to admire the optimism of someone who thinks they are still going to be alive in a month :D
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Return to “Completed Missions”