GreyWolf's Character

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

GreyWolf's Character

#1 Post by GreyWolfVT »

speaking of cults where might I find that information I only have the RQ1 basic rulebook currently.

My Rolls for Human
STR [4d6k3] = 11
INT [3d6k2+6] = 4+6 = 10
POW [4d6k3] = 16
CON [4d6k3] = 9
DEX [4d6k3] = 15
CHA [4d6k3] = 11
SIZ [4d6k3] = 15
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

Re: Character Generation

#2 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ffilz wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:Unfortunately I cannot afford the compendium. All I was really looking for is a list everything i find is just about creating one....I imagine there is a RuneQuest wiki or something out there i can just refer to to see what types of "cults" there are.
I'll dig up some links on cults. I will then prepare something for the cult chosen by any player who isn't able to spring for the books.

You asked in PM about the 1d100 background roll. Since we are doing Pavis, you can roll, but you may always choose to be a barbarian (Praxian nomad). We will also be doing the background from the back of the book (this has significant changes for anyone who happens to only have RQ2 just as a fair warning).

Frank
Ah ok. I rolled but I'll just fix that since it's Barbarian rather than peasant as my roll dictated. So by the back of the book for background are you talking about page 107? Where we can roll to see if we are a foot barbarian or a mounted barbarian?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

GreyWolfVT

#3 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'll select Bison for tribe sounds good and I don't want to put too much thinking into character generation. ;)

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by ffilz »

GreyWolfVT wrote:I'll select Bison for tribe sounds good and I don't want to put too much thinking into character generation. ;)
Bison sounds good. Are you going to go with Foundchild for hunter? Waha is the primary cultural cult, but that's more devoted to herding than hunting. Waha is an associated cult for Foundchild. If you don't have something with Foundchild in it, I can extract the text and send it to you.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: GreyWolf's Character

#5 Post by ffilz »

GreyWolfVT wrote:speaking of cults where might I find that information I only have the RQ1 basic rulebook currently.

My Rolls for Human
STR [4d6k3] = 11 Max 15 (max is highest of STR, SIZ, CON)
INT [3d6k2+6] = 4+6 = 10
POW [4d6k3] = 16 Max 21
CON [4d6k3] = 9 Max 14 (1.5 * CON which is less than highest of STR, CON, or SIZ)
DEX [4d6k3] = 15 Max 21
CHA [4d6k3] = 11 Max 21
SIZ [4d6k3] = 15
Ok, he's going to be a Bison rider, Foundchild cult. I shared the Foundchild cult with you. To abstract the qualification for Initiate status, make a roll of DEX + INT + POW or less on 1d100 if you succeed you are a permanent initiate. If you miss that roll, try again and if you succeed the 2nd time, you are an initiate, but not yet permanent. Otherwise you are just a lay member.

You should roll for stat increases on p.106
The roll for the various skills on p.107

Once we know your cult status, I'll let you know what additional skills and magic you get and what you can opt to do with your cult credit (1600 Lunars if you choose to take the loan).
Last edited by ffilz on Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

GreyWolfVT

#6 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ok, he's going to be a Bison rider, Foundchild cult. I shared the Foundchild cult with you. To abstract the qualification for Initiate status, make a roll of DEX + INT + POW or less on 1d100 if you succeed you are a permanent initiate. If you miss that roll, try again and if you succeed the 2nd time, you are an initiate, but not yet permanent. Otherwise you are just a lay member.
Ok here is the roll for that then. [1d100] = 28

The stat increase part still confuses me a bit roll a 1d100 for each stat not at it's limit? What are the limits?

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by ffilz »

GreyWolfVT wrote:
Ok here is the roll for that then. [1d100] = 28

The stat increase part still confuses me a bit roll a 1d100 for each stat not at it's limit? What are the limits?
Yes, I've edited your max into my quote of your stats above (STR 15, CON 14, POW 21, DEX 21, CHA 21).

GreyWolfVT

#8 Post by GreyWolfVT »

alright so i roll 5 x 1d00 then? Add 1d100 result from the table to that stat or did i grasp that incorrectly from the pdf?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Rex »

That is what I did.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by ffilz »

GreyWolfVT wrote:alright so i roll 5 x 1d00 then? Add 1d100 result from the table to that stat or did i grasp that incorrectly from the pdf?
Yes, that's the way to do it.

GreyWolfVT

#11 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ok I'll deal with that when I can post from more that just my cellphone. Should be able when I get home to do this.

GreyWolfVT

#12 Post by GreyWolfVT »

GreyWolfVT

#13 Post by GreyWolfVT »

is there anything else I'm missing for rolls is it now just merely the 1600 lunars credit and getting weapons, armor and equipment?

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by ffilz »

GreyWolfVT wrote:is there anything else I'm missing for rolls is it now just merely the 1600 lunars credit and getting weapons, armor and equipment?
Did you do the mounted barbarian skill rolls on p.107? The broadsword for (HB) should be (MB) so applies (and fits Bison Riders).

Then after that you get your 1600 L cult training. Due to free stuff, you will get Peaceful Cut at 25% and Speedart 4 for free. You can get 1/2 price training in Camoflage, Snare Setting. You can learn Farsee, Binding, Mobility, Detect Life, Detect Traps, and Disruption for 1/2 price. You may train Spot Hidden, Hide in Cover, and Move Quietly at normal prices.

GreyWolfVT

#15 Post by GreyWolfVT »

No I didn't catch that part about page 107

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by ffilz »

GreyWolfVT wrote:No I didn't catch that part about page 107
So go ahead and roll for the skill increases for mounted barbarian.

GreyWolfVT

#17 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'll have to do this later it's not ideal doing this stuff on my phone.

GreyWolfVT

#18 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by ffilz »

Tracking 75%
Hide 60%
Move Silently 50%
Sense Ambush 60%
Spot Hidden 75%
Oratory 60%
Riding 50%
Healing 3
Bladesharp 2
Binding

You should be down to just spending your cult credit if you desire and purchasing additional equipment.

You can also roll up your bison (p.94) or I can roll it up for you.

GreyWolfVT

#20 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'll do equipment if you don't mind doing the Bison roll up Frank. I appreciate the patience with me. :)

Return to “Character Generation”