GreyWolf's Character

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: GreyWolf's Character

#21 Post by ffilz »

GreyWolfVT wrote:I'll do equipment if you don't mind doing the Bison roll up Frank. I appreciate the patience with me. :)
Bison STR [4d6k3+24] = 8+24 = 32
Bison POW [4d6k3] = 11 CON [4d6k3] = 10
Bison DEX [3d6k2] = 11 SIZ [4d6k3+24] = 7+24 = 31
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#22 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I presume I get the following items under "starting equipment"

Snares, Rope, Torches, Riding Gear, Weeks Rations, Cooking Gear & Camping Gear. However doesn't specify a number for the snares and torches. Also listed is Tunic, Breeches/Kilt (going with Kilt), Sandals/Boots (Going with boots), Underwear, Warm Cloak/Coat (Going with a cloak), Headgear/Hat/Cap (cap).

I already picked one weapon 1-Handed Axe, Small (though I am thinking of changing that to the large version for 1-handed) other weapons: Dagger, 2-Handed Axe, Large & Thrown weapon Axe, small.

Armor I'll go with Heavy Leather (unless barbarian has on restrictions with armor) Cap "helm".

Otherwise I don't think there is much else to worry about buying other than maybe more rations.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#23 Post by ffilz »

GreyWolfVT wrote:I presume I get the following items under "starting equipment"

Snares, Rope, Torches, Riding Gear, Weeks Rations, Cooking Gear & Camping Gear. However doesn't specify a number for the snares and torches. Also listed is Tunic, Breeches/Kilt (going with Kilt), Sandals/Boots (Going with boots), Underwear, Warm Cloak/Coat (Going with a cloak), Headgear/Hat/Cap (cap).

I already picked one weapon 1-Handed Axe, Small (though I am thinking of changing that to the large version for 1-handed) other weapons: Dagger, 2-Handed Axe, Large & Thrown weapon Axe, small.

Armor I'll go with Heavy Leather (unless barbarian has on restrictions with armor) Cap "helm".

Otherwise I don't think there is much else to worry about buying other than maybe more rations.
On the clothing, the tribes of Prax are often compared to the indigenous peoples of the plains states so breeches would be more fitting, but maybe you have been influenced by the Sartarites...

Snares aren't listed on the price list, but they should be something a resourceful barbarian can easily make, so take what you think is reasonable, I'm thinking like a half-dozen to a dozen. Torches are listed as easily made, so again, maybe a half-dozen to a dozen.

Oh, did you do your rolls for weapon skills (1d6 1-2 base + 15, 3-6 base + 10): 1-H spear, Lance, Small Shield, Broadsword, Self Bow?

You will get a short spear, lance, small shield, broadsword, and self bow, you may purchase additional weapons.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

GreyWolfVT

#24 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ffilz wrote:

On the clothing, the tribes of Prax are often compared to the indigenous peoples of the plains states so breeches would be more fitting, but maybe you have been influenced by the Sartarites...

Snares aren't listed on the price list, but they should be something a resourceful barbarian can easily make, so take what you think is reasonable, I'm thinking like a half-dozen to a dozen. Torches are listed as easily made, so again, maybe a half-dozen to a dozen.

Oh, did you do your rolls for weapon skills (1d6 1-2 base + 15, 3-6 base + 10): 1-H spear, Lance, Small Shield, Broadsword, Self Bow?

You will get a short spear, lance, small shield, broadsword, and self bow, you may purchase additional weapons.
Nope didn't see that I had more rolling to do and breeches are fine with me i just wanted a kilt but it's cool whatever works tribal wise. That roll explanation confuses me a little, i roll a 1d6 +15 +10? or is that the 1d6 roll result.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#25 Post by ffilz »

GreyWolfVT wrote:
ffilz wrote:

Nope didn't see that I had more rolling to do and breeches are fine with me i just wanted a kilt but it's cool whatever works tribal wise. That roll explanation confuses me a little, i roll a 1d6 +15 +10? or is that the 1d6 roll result.
No you can totally take the kilt if you want, just was letting you know what tribal dress would generally be, but the Satarites (at least some of them) do wear kilts, and maybe your character has picked up on that...

That's the roll result, roll 1d6, if the result is 1-2 skill is base + 15 etc. Sorry for being confusing...

I want to rewrite all this chargen stuff and make a better flow chart for people to follow... (and maybe include the dice roller macros for each roll).

Frank

GreyWolfVT

#26 Post by GreyWolfVT »

short spear [1d6] = 1, lance [1d6] = 2, broadsword [1d6] = 4, and self bow [1d6] = 5
small shield [1d6] = 1

didn't realize the weapons were sort of predetermined i was hoping to go axe like but ok I didn't deduct anything cost wise still.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by ffilz »

I've started to fill out your character sheet.

Do you want to go with breeches (culturally appropriate) or kilt (could have taken up customs from Sartarites)

Did you roll your [1d100] Lunars starting cash?

Next I think you need to decide how to spend your 1600 L cult credit (if desired).You can get 1/2 price training in Camoflage, Snare Setting. You can learn Farsee, Binding, Mobility, Detect Life, Detect Traps, and Disruption for 1/2 price. You may train Spot Hidden, Hide in Cover, and Move Quietly at normal prices.

You're close to done...

GreyWolfVT

#28 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ffilz wrote:I've started to fill out your character sheet.

Do you want to go with breeches (culturally appropriate) or kilt (could have taken up customs from Sartarites)

Did you roll your [1d100] Lunars starting cash?

Next I think you need to decide how to spend your 1600 L cult credit (if desired).You can get 1/2 price training in Camoflage, Snare Setting. You can learn Farsee, Binding, Mobility, Detect Life, Detect Traps, and Disruption for 1/2 price. You may train Spot Hidden, Hide in Cover, and Move Quietly at normal prices.

You're close to done...
I did roll the 1d100 for lunars early on however it may have mixed into the other posts or I forgot to share it. Here it is: Money [1d100] = 72

I'll just go with the standard of Breeches rather than the kilt. I have no idea how to spent the 1600 lunars since most everything sounds like it was "gifted" to starting character. I really only had to pay for any weapon that wasn't already given to me.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by ffilz »

Birthday: Birthday for Wulgar [1d100] = 61 [1d8] = 7 [1d8] = 2

Earth Season, Illusion Week, Waterday

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by ffilz »

I think you still have your up to 1600 L of cult training you can do (it's a loan).

GreyWolfVT

#31 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ffilz wrote:I think you still have your up to 1600 L of cult training you can do (it's a loan).
I wasn't sure how to use that so I kind of didn't bother with it. Is that an option?

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by ffilz »

GreyWolfVT wrote:
ffilz wrote:I think you still have your up to 1600 L of cult training you can do (it's a loan).
I wasn't sure how to use that so I kind of didn't bother with it. Is that an option?
You don't need to take the loan. Optionally I can make the following suggestions:

Learn
Farsee
Detect Life
Detect Traps
Disruption

And then pick from:

Mobility

Or

Snare Setting to 20%
Camouflage to 25%

Either way leave you borrowing 1550 L

There are other ways to swizzle it, but those are two simple and decent options.

GreyWolfVT

#33 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ok I'll take what you suggest and for the select portion I would take

Snare Setting to 20%
Camouflage to 25%

Return to “Character Generation”