Session 5: The Crypt

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Session 5: The Crypt

#41 Post by shroomofinsanity »

There is always a chance to talk things out. I'm sure they have faced all kinds of persecution by people of our size who just assume they are no good. Berry says confidently, if extremely naively.

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#42 Post by Ludanto »

The assailant upstairs doesn't answer, but you can hear something approaching from the hall to the east.

What now?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Marullus »

More concerned with the journal than his own (now singed) self, Allric shoos the others off. "Check the room before someone arrives. We must know what we've stumbled into." Gratified that the journal looks unharmed, he tucks it away, dissappointed that he was unable to gain any useful insight in the time available.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#44 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

We got comp'ny commin'. Alfred, watch the stairs, I'll check the east passage. Rabon, keep an eye on the west and north passages, Berry keep Alric safe.

Leaving my backpack on the broken statue, I go to the east passageway, and take a quick look down the passage.

Scout test?

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#45 Post by Ludanto »

A dry heat hits Thag's face as he enters the short corridor. Away from the dancing lights, he can see the deep orange glow emanating from the large hole in the floor's center. Bubbling magma or molten metal sizzles within.

Across the room, four kobolds have stopped in their tracks. A moment passes as you stated at each other, then the kobolds flee through an open door to the north!

What now?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Marullus »

Can you describe the statue in the room we're in?

bucksurdu
Runner
Runner

#47 Post by bucksurdu »

Ludanto wrote:A dry heat hits Thag's face as he enters the short corridor. Away from the dancing lights, he can see the deep orange glow emanating from the large hole in the floor's center. Bubbling magma or molten metal sizzles within.

Across the room, four kobolds have stopped in their tracks. A moment passes as you stated at each other, then the kobolds flee through an open door to the north!

What now?
Using my "shoot first and ask questions later" instinct I (Alfred) fires as many shots as I can manage into the fleeing kobolds.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#48 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Koblds! Ye ain't gettin' away ta warn yer brethrin.

I fire Betsey from the hip at the furthest kobold, as an elf-arrow whizzes past my ear.

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#49 Post by Ludanto »

Alfred looses an arrow into the darkness of the doorway, though he can't see anything to shoot at from his place at the foot of the stairs. The kobolds turn to flee, the door being right behind them, but Thag takes his shot!

Thag test Fighter vs. the kobolds' 3D

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Marullus »

That qualifies as +1D help by Alfred to Thag?

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#51 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Seeing the kobolds run, I fire quickly, without careful aim, and lose a bolt towards the fleeing critters.

I'm assuming/hoping to still get +1D from Alfred's wild shot, making the kobolds hesitate for a brief second.

Fighter-3 + 1D help from Alfred +1D crossbow Attack {+1D if target uses Defend, but I assume that running would be treated as Maneuver?}

Crossbow shot: [1d6] = 1 [1d6] = 2 [1d6] = 2 [1d6] = 3 [1d6] = 3

Unaimed, my bolt flies over the heads of the kobolds, striking the wall above the passageway opening.

Well that bites, but if they also whiff then I get the +2s for Might difference. Do I get the extra +1D for Attack vs Defend?

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#52 Post by Ludanto »

Kobolds run for cover: [1d6] = 4, [1d6] = 3, [1d6] = 5

In the DIM light of the glowing pit, Thag watches the kobolds flee to the north, disappearing into the darkness.

What now?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Marullus »

As Thag and Alfred run off the kobolds, Allric turns his attention back to the statue in the room's center, calling over a mote to provide clear light. "Rabon, watch the stairs that we're not caught unawares... Berry, can you help me get a good look at this? Rule thirty-seven lad; never ignore the statuary..."

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Seeing Thag move to the next room,Rabon thinks of helping to search it, but he feels too tired to bother. He flinches as Alfred and Thag start firing into the darkness. He rushes away from the escalating conflict, but soon finds himself exactly where the bomb landed. Woah there. Let's just slow things down a bit, 'kay? What say we make sure our room's still our room.

Rabon huffs as Allric shoos him away and calls over Berry. Listen, Al. Can that wait a bit?

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#55 Post by shroomofinsanity »

Berry dutifully comes over to Allric and does his best to see if the statues have any religious significance or iconography that obviously screams religion. Mr. Allric, I'll help of course, but there may be more important things to pay attention to right now...

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#56 Post by Ludanto »

The shattered statue looks to be made of obsidian. The stone is smooth, black and shiny. What remains of the feet looks to be the remnants of a dwarven figure. There's text on the base, but it is unsurprisingly in the dwarven alphabet.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Marullus »

Allric strokes his beard thoughtfully as the others rush ahead and behind. "Harumph. Dwarven mysteries, and our dwarf ran off." He looks around once more to confirm that this room is otherwise empty, then ahead with curiosity towards the lava pit. "Moving ahead, Thag?"

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#58 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I think we should deal with them kobolds befur the get to the rest of their clan. Alfred an' I could try to catch up to them before they get too far.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I'd hate to split the party. I feel like it would lead to weird timelines and maybe cause our lives to grind onwards. Rabon is in favor of either direction though, and reminds the party that he's exhausted and wants to rest at the camp site before he works up an appetite.

OOC: ;)

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#60 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

If'n we stay here we're hemmed in on both sides, I say we catch them kobolds before they alert their brethrin.

Return to “Torchbearer: Scoundrels”