#61 Post by Ramona »

I’ve got 5cr on Tamatoa.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: 005 - Departure from Shedezar star port

#62 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:I’ve got 5cr on Tamatoa.
You're in the caves, they aren't big enough for a Tamatoa.

Squee reports a Quetza ahead:

Quetza must be beautiful (and dangerous) (solitary 100 kg Amphibian Pouncer with +1 claws for 1D+3 and +1 teeth for 2D-3 and mesh +1 armor, speed 2) - sounds like maybe some kind of crab with a strangely multicolored shell

She also says it looks like it's squatting on a nice deposit of the crystals...
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#63 Post by Ramona »

Ana pokes her head cautiously about the corner to get a good look at the area.

Size, shape, exits...

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#64 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:Ana pokes her head cautiously about the corner to get a good look at the area.

Size, shape, exits...
Are you wanting to illuminate the chamber? That would probably alert the Quetza.

Squee communicates it's about 10m x 12m x 5m high roughly, two other exits we could fit through.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#65 Post by Ramona »

“Silly question,” Ana asks quietly, “not knowing how the whole paychic witch thing works. Can you just politely ask it to bugger off so we can get some of those crystals? I don’t really want to get into a scrap with it.”

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#66 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:“Silly question,” Ana asks quietly, “not knowing how the whole paychic witch thing works. Can you just politely ask it to bugger off so we can get some of those crystals? I don’t really want to get into a scrap with it.”
"I can try that, I can only suggest, I can't force it to leave."

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#67 Post by Ramona »

ffilz wrote:
Ramona wrote:“Silly question,” Ana asks quietly, “not knowing how the whole paychic witch thing works. Can you just politely ask it to bugger off so we can get some of those crystals? I don’t really want to get into a scrap with it.”
"I can try that, I can only suggest, I can't force it to leave."
“Could you suggest there’s something in one of the back passages long enough to let us swipe a handful of crystals? Sara can make the scoop, I can get between to provide cover as I assume you’ll need to concentrate.”

Ana looks at Sara, “Nothing bigger than your forearm and be ready to swim like your life depends on it, because it might.”

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#68 Post by ffilz »

Just waiting to hear from Leusmars/Sara...

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#69 Post by lenusmars »

Ramona wrote:Ana looks at Sara, “Nothing bigger than your forearm and be ready to swim like your life depends on it, because it might.”
Sara nods with a half-smile and gives Ana a salute. "Yes ma'am. Don't worry about me. I'm not a 'get eaten by giant crab' kind of girl. And I promised to help you do your hair."

Sara moves to get herself ready to go for the crystal sample.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#70 Post by Ramona »

“Try to go for already broken off crystals, if we have to pull them out they’ll make a lot of noise and I’d really rather not have to bangstick that thing in a cave.”. Ana winks and turns her light down to its lowest setting.

“A really bright light in the eyes might confuse it too.”

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#71 Post by ffilz »

Quetza reaction to Squee [2d6] = 9. Squee convinces the Quetza to go down one of the other passages. Sara swoops in and gathers some broken off crystals into a dive bag, and you bug out. You exit the cave without fanfare (Encounter check on way out [1d6] = 3).

Did you have Wen take the ship away during the cave dive?

What about the monitoring station installation crew?

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#72 Post by Ramona »

Wen flew off, where to I am uncertain, I think it was mentioned to go orbital and then come back to “test” our systems after our problems. The tower crew is waiting on the tower for his return, I think we set an hour or two return window.

Thank god we didn’t have to bang stick that thing, a shotgun blast in a confined space is bad, underwater the shockwaves bouncing around would have been horrible.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#73 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:Wen flew off, where to I am uncertain, I think it was mentioned to go orbital and then come back to “test” our systems after our problems. The tower crew is waiting on the tower for his return, I think we set an hour or two return window.

Thank god we didn’t have to bang stick that thing, a shotgun blast in a confined space is bad, underwater the shockwaves bouncing around would have been horrible.
Ok, I'm trying to decide if we really need another Pilot roll... Probably not, but let's see if anyone wants to do anything else before pickup. By tomorrow I'll have made my decision.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Tiglath »

(OOC: FWIW I believe the "stack rock team" are just (patiently and tactically) waiting on being picked up).
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:(OOC: FWIW I believe the "stack rock team" are just (patiently and tactically) waiting on being picked up).
Vee is doing her very best to get picked up...
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#76 Post by ffilz »

The Maize Star swoops back in, having done performed some flight tests over open water. The pickup goes smoothly, with Sara and Ana envying Squee's grav belt ascent back to the ship while they are hoisted back in.

I think at this point it's into space and run out to the jump limit?

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by Tiglath »

Provided the ship pauses long enough to winch aboard the stack rock team too!

(OOC: Although Foix habitually prefers to use "pick up lines" … ;) ).
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#78 Post by lenusmars »

ffilz wrote:The pickup goes smoothly, with Sara and Ana envying Squee's grav belt ascent back to the ship while they are hoisted back in.
Sara doesn't mind so much, grinning up at Ana in the primary strap, her arms wrapped around Ana's legs as they are hoisted to the ship.

There are worse things.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#79 Post by Ramona »

Ana helps Sara get into the ship, gives her hand a squeeze and detatches the cable.

“Next time, remind me I really, really, don’t like caves,” She says taking off her gear and rinsing it in the small crate of water.

The cargo door remains open as the ship swings over the pillar to pick up Vee, Foix and Chu, the atmospheric pressure, heat and humidity in the cargo hold are still overwhelming.

She gives Sara a hand taking her equipment off and starts cleaning it in the tank.

“Once we get this cleaned up grab a change of clothes and head for my cabin, we can rinse off and decompress there. Foix, Vee and Chu can find their own cabin.” Ana looks carefully at the crystals, “Sure hope those are worth something.”

Ana taps her coms as she helps Sara out of the wetsuit, “Andy, you want to ping that sensor before we go and just make sure everything’s copacetic?”

She looks over as Vee and Foix’s heads appear above the lip of the cargo door, Gormond gives them a hand getting in before lowering the winch for Chu.

Piper
Tracker
Tracker

#80 Post by Piper »

Precision flying boasts Pongo from the pilotos chair.
Red 5, Standing ... Hey! Is That A Banana?

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”