005 - Departure from Shedezar star port

ffilz
Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 005 - Departure from Shedezar star port

#81 Post by Starbeard »

Chu grabs the winch and climbs aboard, reflexively getting clear of the vulnerable open hatchway before turning around to take one last visual sweep of the area as it closes.

"Everything smooth on our part. Catch any pearls down there?"

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#82 Post by Ramona »

Starbeard wrote:Chu grabs the winch and climbs aboard, reflexively getting clear of the vulnerable open hatchway before turning around to take one last visual sweep of the area as it closes.

"Everything smooth on our part. Catch any pearls down there?"
“Didn’t get eaten,” Ana says helping Sara out of her wetsuit, “that’s always a plus.”

“Squee distracted a Quetzel that had made a nest out of the crystals, Sara scooped some and I tried to look like I knew what I was doing.” Ana smiles, “Pretty tight space, glad we didn’t have to bang stick it. The shock reverberations would have been brutal.”

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by joertexas »

Ramona wrote:“Squee distracted a Quetzel that had made a nest out of the crystals, Sara scooped some and I tried to look like I knew what I was doing.” Ana smiles, “Pretty tight space, glad we didn’t have to bang stick it. The shock reverberations would have been brutal.”
Vee looks up from where she is arranging her gear for stowage. "I suppose it's a successful mission when," she glances at Foix, "absolutely nothing interesting happens." She smiles at Ana and Sara. "I'm really glad you two weren't hurt."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Tiglath »

Foix efficiently unloads and cleans his weapons offering his armourer's tools to Chu if he needs them. He dedicates extra time to check over the sniper rifle’s optics before stowing all away. He relieves Vee of the SMG (but not his camo cloak) and comments “You did well “Legionnaire”. Out on the rock I was sure I could "hear" the questions you had for me but yet you stayed focussed. Perhaps I have Squee’s gifts?”

As Foix stows his weapons it seems his mind changes gear - visibly the serious legionnaire recedes as the buoyant chevalier emerges. He focuses a warm smile on Vee “Here you are safe and sound! Did I not give my word it would be so? My oath is fulfilled but, of course, I remain at your service. Do you think I can read your mind Madame Vee?”

To Ana, Sara and Squee he replies “Then we have achieved our goal. Squee’s abilities must have been invaluable!” He certainly seems at ease with using psionics and even somewhat familiar with their use. “Should we all debrief this over dinner? Maybe some ear plugs if you do this again? Perhaps we could upgrade the bang sticks to give you some small sonic charges so as to deter the wildlife so no one has to fight it?”

He continues “I will want you three to wear biomonitors while you decompress - just as a precaution. If you begin to experience anything unusual call me immediately”.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Foix efficiently unloads and cleans his weapons offering his armourer's tools to Chu if he needs them. He dedicates extra time to check over the sniper rifle’s optics before stowing all away. He relieves Vee of the SMG (but not his camo cloak) and comments “You did well “Legionnaire”. Out on the rock I was sure I could "hear" the questions you had for me but yet you stayed focussed. Perhaps I have Squee’s gifts?”
Vee smiles at the compliment. "Thank you, sir. That was a new experience for me." She removes the cloak and extends it to him. "Hopefully, I won't need this in the near future. I like this environment," she waves her hand, "much better than what we were in earlier."
Tiglath wrote:As Foix stows his weapons it seems his mind changes gear - visibly the serious legionnaire recedes as the buoyant chevalier emerges. He focuses a warm smile on Vee “Here you are safe and sound! Did I not give my word it would be so? My oath is fulfilled but, of course, I remain at your service. Do you think I can read your mind Madame Vee?”
Vee steps up close to Foix; she chews her lip for a moment as she considers her next words with downcast eyes. "Yes, you did exactly as you said you would. Could we," she looks up at him, "sit and talk sometime soon?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#86 Post by Ramona »

Ana unzips her wetsuit and starts to wiggle her shoulders out of it, “You three get to decompress too sunshine.” She grins at Foix and Vee, “Two hours on a rock at 4 atmosphere means your blood is just about as toxic as ours.”

She takes a deep breath watching the cargo hatch slide shut. “Dinner works, few hours to decompress, couple hours to nap, I don’t know about you but I’m just about running on fumes. Some comfortable PJ’s, fuzzy slippers, and a hot cup of cocoa.”

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote:Vee smiles at the compliment. "Thank you, sir. That was a new experience for me." She removes the cloak and extends it to him. "Hopefully, I won't need this in the near future. I like this environment," she waves her hand, "much better than what we were in earlier."
Foix takes back his cloak “My cloak and my sword will always be at your call Madame”.
joertexas wrote: Vee steps up close to Foix; she chews her lip for a moment as she considers her next words with downcast eyes. "Yes, you did exactly as you said you would. Could we," she looks up at him, "sit and talk sometime soon?"
He adds conversationally “Madame, you had the word of the Comte de Foix. Sometimes, very rarely in my experience, things are elegantly simple. I could do nothing less than deliver you as I had promised - or die in the attempt. It was quite refreshing”.

Raising her gaze Vee looks up straight into the intense focus of Foix’s blue eyes as he continues “Yes, we could" and then urbanely "To sit and talk with a beautiful woman seems an entirely civilised end to an evening”. He smiles smoothly “Perhaps we could share a cognac after dinner?”
Ramona wrote:Ana unzips her wetsuit and starts to wiggle her shoulders out of it, “You three get to decompress too sunshine.” She grins at Foix and Vee, “Two hours on a rock at 4 atmosphere means your blood is just about as toxic as ours.”
Foix smiles cheerfully at Ana and replies “Don’t worry Général, Madame Vee and I will manage our own hyperbaric medicine and that of Colonel Chu”. Foix’s smile becomes self mocking “However, as you well know, my blood can not become toxic as it contains “nobility” and is therefore immune to corruption. I will monitor my own nitrogen levels merely for the show of things”.
Ramona wrote:She takes a deep breath watching the cargo hatch slide shut. “Dinner works, few hours to decompress, couple hours to nap, I don’t know about you but I’m just about running on fumes. Some comfortable PJ’s, fuzzy slippers, and a hot cup of cocoa.”
He next says “While I was, of course, certain of your return from the caves I am none the less grateful for it”. With a wry twist to his smile he adds “Ana, I feel honour bound to state that despite the mental image I now have of you in shapeless cotton and fuzzy slippers my puerile mind will forever remember only the wetsuit wiggle”. Seeing her utterly incapable of returning a salute Foix’s grin broadens as, still wearing his Legion beret, he crashes to attention and snaps off a precision salute whilst at parade ground volume adding “Mon Général!”

He looks to Grimaud, who with practiced ease is unloading his own SMG, and quietly asks “Dinner at nine, Chef?” Only after Grimaud’s affirmatory nod does he project once more with “Dinner at nine! Allez! Démerdez-vous!”

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#88 Post by Ramona »

Tiglath wrote:
Ramona wrote:Ana unzips her wetsuit and starts to wiggle her shoulders out of it, “You three get to decompress too sunshine.” She grins at Foix and Vee, “Two hours on a rock at 4 atmosphere means your blood is just about as toxic as ours.”
Foix smiles cheerfully at Ana and replies “Don’t worry Général, Madame Vee and I will manage our own hyperbaric medicine and that of Colonel Chu”. Foix’s smile becomes self mocking “However, as you well know, my blood can not become toxic as it contains “nobility” and is therefore immune to corruption. I will monitor my own nitrogen levels merely for the show of things”.
“As I recall it was not immune to rancid rations.” Ana shrugs, “None of us were.”
Tiglath wrote:
Ramona wrote:She takes a deep breath watching the cargo hatch slide shut. “Dinner works, few hours to decompress, couple hours to nap, I don’t know about you but I’m just about running on fumes. Some comfortable PJ’s, fuzzy slippers, and a hot cup of cocoa.”
He next says “While I was, of course, certain of your return from the caves I am none the less grateful for it”. With a wry twist to his smile he adds “Ana, I feel honour bound to state that despite the mental image I now have of you in shapeless cotton and fuzzy slippers my puerile mind will forever remember only the wetsuit wiggle”. Seeing her utterly incapable of returning a salute Foix’s grin broadens as, still wearing his Legion beret, he crashes to attention and snaps off a precision salute whilst at parade ground volume adding “Mon Général!”
Ana groans clearly exasperated, her arms still trapped in her half removed wetsuit, “Can some one please salute him for me, and then kick him in the ass.”

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by joertexas »

Ramona wrote:Ana groans clearly exasperated, her arms still trapped in her half removed wetsuit, “Can some one please salute him for me, and then kick him in the ass.”
"Certainly." Vee comes to attention and throws a reasonable rendition of a salute back at Foix. She relaxes with a grin. "We can use one of our staterooms to decompress. Your place, or mine, but you bring the cognac."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by Tiglath »

Foix returns the salute and laughs “Give me ten minutes Madame Vee and I will call on you with cognac and the monitor for everyone’s decompression”.

As good as his word he very punctually arrives outside Vee’s cabin looking clean and refreshed in a civilian shirt with the master biomonitor under one arm, a tray in one hand and a bottle and two glasses dextrously held in the other.

“Cognac from my own stock - it’s as old as I am". With a smile he says "We can but hope it has aged at least half as well as me! The tray is from Grimaud - fresh bread and olives. Apparently plying attractive women with vintage cognac is unseemly but the inclusion of snacks keeps everything above board".

He sets the biomonitor down somewhere convenient and then expertly uncorks the bottle and pours two glasses of the aromatic spirit. “Well, Madame Vee, where would you have me sit and what would you like to talk about?"

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:He sets the biomonitor down somewhere convenient and then expertly uncorks the bottle and pours two glasses of the aromatic spirit. “Well, Madame Vee, where would you have me sit and what would you like to talk about?"
Vee has changed into a casual blouse and loose capri pants of the same light material, and she is barefoot. She stands as Foix enters, takes the offered glass with a smile and sits in the tiny suite's chair, tucking her leg under her. A second chair, liberated from somewhere, sits next to the bunk. The two are practically knee to knee, and Vee points to the bunk. "You can set the platter there. I have this table for my things."

Vee considers his question for a moment as she swirls the cognac in her glass. "I want to know more about you. I'm not experienced in these things." She shrugs. "I've had exactly two lovers, one of each. As I'm sure you're aware, an officer often has little opportunity for romance, or even less, a relationship." She meets his gaze squarely. "I can't explain my reaction to you, and the last thing I want is to hurt you or give offense. Whatever happens between us, I want us to be friends first. If anything else happens, then it is well and good. If not, then I can still learn from you and work with you." She takes a sip of her drink, and settles back with a tiny bit of stiffness in her outwardly relaxed posture.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#92 Post by lenusmars »

Vee looks up from where she is arranging her gear for stowage. "I suppose it's a successful mission when," she glances at Foix, "absolutely nothing interesting happens." She smiles at Ana and Sara. "I'm really glad you two weren't hurt."
"Thanks! Glad you guys didn't have any excitement. The Quetzel was pretty interesting though. Too bad I couldn't get a good image of it up close." Sara smiles, getting herself free of the suit with Ana's help.

After a moment to recover from the experience of peeling off the suit, Sara turns to help Ana finish removing her wetsuit..
Ramona wrote:Ana groans clearly exasperated, her arms still trapped in her half removed wetsuit, “Can some one please salute him for me, and then kick him in the ass.”
Sara bursts into a fit of giggles at Foix's teasing of Ana. And even more at Vee's salute. "I think you missed a step." She says to Vee, then to Ana "Hey... okay quit pulling for a sec, right?" and she manages to pull at the wetsuit where it's hanging up. "Okay now..." And she gets the suit peeled off Ana's arms, then helps her pull it down and off her legs.

"Okay... We better get our monitor and hole up before things go trailing." She glances at Vee and Foix, then leans in to Ana a little. "I'm guessing your place." She says with a low chuckle.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by joertexas »

lenusmars wrote:"Okay... We better get our monitor and hole up before things go trailing." She glances at Vee and Foix, then leans in to Ana a little. "I'm guessing your place." She says with a low chuckle.
As she turns to leave the cargo bay, Vee gives Sara a small smile and a wink.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#94 Post by Ramona »

lenusmars wrote:
Sara bursts into a fit of giggles at Foix's teasing of Ana. And even more at Vee's salute. "I think you missed a step." She says to Vee, then to Ana "Hey... okay quit pulling for a sec, right?" and she manages to pull at the wetsuit where it's hanging up. "Okay now..." And she gets the suit peeled off Ana's arms, then helps her pull it down and off her legs.

"Okay... We better get our monitor and hole up before things go trailing." She glances at Vee and Foix, then leans in to Ana a little. "I'm guessing your place." She says with a low chuckle.
“Thanks,” Ana says throwing both wetsuits into the tank and sloshing them about.

“Gear first, skip a maintenance cycle and someone ends up dead.”

She pulls the rebreathers out and hangs them from some hooks above the crate to drip dry.

“If you want to go ahead, I’ll be a couple sec’s to hang these up and recycle the water,” Ana says pulling Sara’s suit out of the tank and hanging it next to the rebreathers and weights, “just don’t use up all the hot, hate cold showers.”

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by Tiglath »

Foix savours the aroma of his cognac. He takes a drink and then rakes a hand through his dark hair as his piercing blue gaze meets Vee’s grey eyes. He states “Likewise, Madame Vee, I would cause you no distress and it would be my great pleasure to be counted as your friend. As to anything else" he gives his easy charming smile "well, alas, my tarnished reputation precedes me and I understand how that could be a deterrent".

He continues "However, my life has many aspects and is either so very simple or entirely complex. I will try to explain some of it".

“Firstly as a Count I am a realm: lands, holdings and businesses comprised of people who entrust me with their welfare and protection. Secondly as a man I am a soldier – I have won battles by strategy and bested men determined to kill me in personal combat. La Legion grants anonymity and no benefits to nobility. In very brutal terms it is a meritocracy of killers. I came out a General but also taught myself to be a healer”.

He shrugs “By nature I am a leader, men follow me, women are attracted to me” his lips twitch into a self mocking smile as he finishes his cognac “left unchecked this could cause a tendency towards terrible arrogance but fortunately I have it well under control”.

He offers Vee more cognac, leaning in close to refill the glass. He adds with a gentle smile “Perhaps I should have warned you that I have a “two cognac” life story. So, if you wish, I will tell you a little more of the things that I am. If you are to know me any better you will discover that I am, amongst other things, both a collection of wounds and a monument”.

Foix seems entirely relaxed in Vee’s company. As he reaches over to serve cognac and bread his sleeve rides up to reveal what must be the base of a tattoo on his bicep.

Edit: minor addition
Last edited by Tiglath on Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by joertexas »

Vee listens without comment, verbal or otherwise. Her eyes frequently return to his, not flinching under his gaze. She accepts the refill, and nibbles at a piece of bread as Foix pauses his narrative. "I see that you are a leader, a soldier, a man, and, by your testimony, a noble." She lifts her glass to point at his chest with her forefinger. "If you will permit it, I would like to know the person you are. If you cannot do that, then I understand." She takes a sip of the liquor and lowers the glass to her lap.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by Tiglath »

Foix breaks eye contact and letting out a breath seems suddenly defensive “Vee, I am the Comte de Foix there’s not much room for personality under the weight of that duty. To save time people usually just fill in the gaps between the womanising, duelling and narcissism. That person can't offer you anything like that which you deserve ...”.

Edited

(OOC: Foix is doing something peculiar here with the best of intentions. I really have hoisted myself on the petard of my own backstory! :roll: ).

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Foix breaks eye contact and letting out a breath seems suddenly defensive “Vee, I am the Comte de Foix there’s not much room for personality under the weight of that duty. To save time people usually just fill in the gaps between the womanising, duelling and narcissism. That person can't offer you anything like that which you deserve ...”.
Vee lifts her chin slightly, and looks straight into Foix's eyes. "Bullshit," she says flatly. "If you did not want to be here, you would have refused my invitation." Her voice is calm and level, and without rancor. "If Ana and the others call you friend, then I will trust their judgement. I alone decide what I deserve."

She reaches out and places her right palm on the back of his left hand. "I have no agenda other than a desire to become something more than a coworker. I have wishes that exceed that, I will admit, but that should have no bearing on what you choose to disclose to me." Vee sits back and takes another drink. "I haven't yet lived like you have, and I want something more than the merchant officer I was."

Tiglath wrote:(OOC: Foix is doing something peculiar here with the best of intentions. I really have hoisted myself on the petard of my own backstory! :roll: ).
I"m doing my bumbling utmost to follow along with you :D
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#99 Post by lenusmars »

Ramona wrote:“Thanks,” Ana says throwing both wetsuits into the tank and sloshing them about.

She pulls the rebreathers out and hangs them from some hooks above the crate to drip dry.

“If you want to go ahead, I’ll be a couple sec’s to hang these up and recycle the water,” Ana says pulling Sara’s suit out of the tank and hanging it next to the rebreathers and weights, “just don’t use up all the hot, hate cold showers.”
Sara looks at Ana for a long moment. "Sure.... See you there, then." She pats Ana's bicep, grabs her monitor and heads for Ana's cabin and the shower.

---

After a short shower, kept mostly tepid to conserve the hot water for Ana, she's out with a towel around her hair, wearing a white tank top and sleep pants festooned with cartoon rocket ships "All yours, partner" she chirps at Ana, curling onto the chair. She pulls up a foot and opens a bottle of purple glitter nail polish and starts to touch up her toenails. "If you hurry, I can do yours too." She grins.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#100 Post by Ramona »

lenusmars wrote:
Ramona wrote:“Thanks,” Ana says throwing both wetsuits into the tank and sloshing them about.

Sara looks at Ana for a long moment. "Sure.... See you there, then." She pats Ana's bicep, grabs her monitor and heads for Ana's cabin and the shower.

---

After a short shower, kept mostly tepid to conserve the hot water for Ana, she's out with a towel around her hair, wearing a white tank top and sleep pants festooned with cartoon rocket ships "All yours, partner" she chirps at Ana, curling onto the chair. She pulls up a foot and opens a bottle of purple glitter nail polish and starts to touch up her toenails. "If you hurry, I can do yours too." She grins.
Sara would know it’s impossible to run out of hot water on the ship, the same 15-20 litres of water is filtered, purified and recycled through an on demand heater

Ana’s cabin is cold compared to the 42 degrees outside, the cupboards are all closed and everything is neatly stowed away. On the wall next to the fresher hangs a katana in a black lacquered scabard beneath thar is a hand made, franken-rifle. A couple of old sepia toned photos are on a shelf leaning against a small black statue of a falcon.

Ana’s bed is pulled out to it’s full width and takes up a large chunk of the room, a heavy white duvet covers the bed and a string of tiny LED’s hang on the bottom of the upper bunk. The whole room smells vaguely of lavender.

The fresher is clean, shiny, and unassuming. A pair of oversized white towels are carefully folded on a shelf above the head and a fluffy white robe hangs next to black towel near the door. The vanity cabinet is closed and the room smells like mint and shampoo.

- - -

Ana nods at Sara when she returns, she suddenly looks much older and completely exhausted, “If I’m not out in 15 I fell asleep, please, wake me up before I turn into a raisin.”

She heads into the shower and returns 20 minutes later in the white robe drying her hair with the black towel. “I rinsed your swimsuit off and hung it up the shower with mine.”

Ana opens a drawer and pulls out a pair of pajamas, blue flannel bottoms and a white t-shirt, she pulls the bottoms on under her robe before turning, hanging the robe on the back of the door and pulling her top on. Sara gets a good look at the strange tattoos down Ana’s spine, and the scars along part of her spine and down her side. There’s something oddly familiar about the tattoo, maybe something from a book or an manual.

She turns and smiles, across her top are the worlds, “The only thing straight about me is the jacket.”

Ana scooches past Sara and collapses on the bed.
Last edited by Ramona on Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”