AureoBuendia's character creation thread

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

AureoBuendia's character creation thread

#1 Post by drpete »

Hi AureoBuendia!

Welcome aboard!

The first things I'll need from you are some 3d6 rolls for stats. Stats are rolled in order though you'll be able to swap a pair, if you like.

You said you figured out the dice roller, but there's a wrinkle with associating your rolls to a campaign...

To make rolls, you'll need to go to unseenservant.com, and create an account. From there, you create a "character" that you associate with the campaign. The campaign ID is 682.

Once you have created a character (just the name) and limited it to this campaign, you can roll your stats under the "roll the dice" menu... you pull down the character, then type in dice rolling macros... something like: Strength [3d6] will create a strength roll.

Below each roll, code for copying into a forum post appears... you can use that, or just tell me you rolled, and I'll be able to see them :)

The stats are:
Strength
Agility
Stamina
Personality
Intelligence
Luck

Once you roll them, you can then decide if you want to swap a pair around to get a class you would like to play. The available classes are warrior, thief and wizard.

There is no xp bonus for good stats, but stats give benefits as you might expect (int is good for wizards, str is good for warriors, etc)

Once you get these stats worked out, we'll roll for some background type info, and some advantage/ disadvantages for your character.
Last edited by drpete on Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AureoBuendia
Scout
Scout

Re: AureoBuendia's character creation thread

#2 Post by AureoBuendia »

STR [3d6] = 10 AGI [3d6] = 15 STA [3d6] = 14

PER [3d6] = 11 INT [3d6] = 16 LUC [3d6] = 15

Birth [1d30] = 30

Strength: 10 [+0]
Agility: 15 [+1]
Stamina: 14 [+1]
Personality: 11 [+0]
Intelligence: 16 [+2]
Luck: 15 [+1]

Birth: Wild child: Speed (each +1/-1 = +5’/-5’ speed)
Guess this means I get a +5' to speed.

This looks more like a thief. I'm leaning towards trusting the rolls, so unless there's a serious need for a warrior, I won't swap anything.

Bison and Doom is +luck modified, correct? Thad'd be d20 + 1?
Thief HP would then be d4 + d6 + 2 (stamina, one for level 0 one for 1)?

AureoBuendia
Scout
Scout

#3 Post by AureoBuendia »

I rolled for height and gender:
Height: [1d3 + 3] = 3+3 = 6' [1d12] = 10" Gender: [1d2] = 1 1. Male/2. Female
Weight: [5d20+160] = 47+160 = 207
He's a 6'10" monster of a man. Though only 207 pounds. Guess he's more of a warrior.

Updated Stats then:

Strength: 16 [+2] // Switched from Int
Agility: 15 [+1]
Stamina: 14 [+1]
Personality: 11 [+0]
Intelligence: 10 [+0] //Switched from Str
Luck: 15 [+1]

Birth: Wild child: Speed (each +1/-1 = +5’/-5’ speed)
Guess this means I get a +5' to speed.

Hit points would be 2 + d4 + d12?
Benison / Doom are d20 + 1 each?
Origin is d8?

Let me know if these values are ok and I'll roll next items.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by drpete »

These look good, yeah.

Go ahead and roll for origin, benison and doom.

AureoBuendia
Scout
Scout

#5 Post by AureoBuendia »

Origin [1d8] = 1

Benison [1d20+1] = 7+1 = 8 Doom [1d20+1] = 4+1 = 5

Origin: 1

Benison: 8

Doom: 5

Hopefully that'd give me something interesting. My starts are a bit too good and don't tell a story. My freakish height and scrawny weight is making it interesting, but I could use something else to work with.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by drpete »

You are from Lankhmar.

Noble Birth (2 Luck): The PC hails from an upper class family with noble standing. He is likely a third or fourth child and unlikely to inherit any property or direct title. He benefits from both their wealth and their social standing so long as he brings no open shame to the family. The PC enjoys the benefits of the Well-Heeled benison and gains a +1d bonus to all Personality rolls when dealing with those who know of and recognize his social standing. If the PC ever commits a crime that can’t be hushed up or otherwise brings shame to the family, he gains the doom Major Foe as his family turns against him.

Dependent: The PC has a spouse, parent, sibling, child, or other individual he is responsible for. He must ensure the dependent is cared for by spending both time and money to their benefit. The PC’s foes will eagerly endanger the dependent should their existence be discovered. A PC who fails to care for a dependent suffers a permanent loss of Luck (usually 1 to 3 points depending on the severity of the failure) and may be cursed by his culture’s gods as determined by the judge.

AureoBuendia
Scout
Scout

#7 Post by AureoBuendia »

Very well then. Freakishly tall rich boy. That'd explain his stats. Well fed, trained, and educated and all that. Given that his future position won't demand much from him, he didn't focus his energies too much on marrying well and now has a child. It's only illegitimate as far as noble people are concerned. He's a father figure to the one year old daughter and a good part of the social circle he hangs with is not that strict with labels.

The relationship with the mother is amicable. Still in the "will they? won't they? but probably wont since they haven't so far" phase.

Mother of child: Bar Maid / Cleaning Lady / Sparring Partner / Librarian / Guard
Mother of Child: [1d5] = 1 BM/CL/SP/LB/GD
Child Age [1d12] = 1

-----

What does the (Luck 2) mean by Noble Birth?

I think all I need is to roll HP (2 + d4 + d12?) and roll for starting gold (5d12). Do I get a higher gold roll due to rich family? Or am I on a weekly stipend?

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by drpete »

Sorry, was kinda copying that on the move...

You get the benefits of the "well heeled" benison, as well...
So you get double starting money.

Well-Heeled (1 Luck): The PC’s starting funds are increased 100%.

The luck numbers reflect the fact that you can also buy an additional benison for a cost in luck, plus taking an additional doom. That one would cost 2 permanent luck.

As for other benefits, I figure you might be able to come crawling to them for more money, but the more you bug then, the more they'll expect of you.

AureoBuendia
Scout
Scout

#9 Post by AureoBuendia »

Starting Gold:
Starting Gold [5d12x2] = 26x2 = 52

As far as purchases go, i was encouraged to train with a two handed sword to abuse my height, so that's my lucky weapon, init penalty be damned.
* Two Handed Sword: 15 GP
* Leather Armor: 20 GP
That leaves 17GP, 7 of which will go to child for a week or so.

Hit Points:
HP (lvl 1) [1d12] = 3
HP (lvl 0) [1d4] = 1
+ 2 for Stamina

Final hit points: 6. Clearly I grew up with asthma and scoliosis and no amount of wealth or exercise helped with that.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by drpete »

Hrmmmm.. I'm thinking, should the game go a certain way, of trying you in to a "missing/ dead noble" plot that the existing characters are following. Want to be the black sheep of a noble family whose patriarch has gone missing?

AureoBuendia
Scout
Scout

#11 Post by AureoBuendia »

Not sure about black, but maybe gray/forgotten/ignored/'who is he again?' sheep would work. I was thinking my character would be more of the kid that's in family portraits but no one really knows what he does or what his interests are. Nor do they care to learn much about him. He probably got forgotten in family trips Home Alone style, but the family was more "he'll be fine, let's go horse riding!"

This has allowed him some freedom, but he's not so much black in the rebellious sense. He holds no ill will towards his family, he's just enjoying the chances he's gotten out of life.

Then again, black sheep when it comes to nobility is a very relative term. So I can work with it.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by drpete »

Sounds good to me. I was mainly meaning "off doing your own somewhat sketchy thing" rather than being all busy with noble business. You don't need to be evil or anything :)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Marullus »

Did you roll your language(s)? :)

Edit:
Ohhhh....
You know Low Lankhmarese and High Lankhmarese and don't get rolls.
:shock:

Return to “DrPete's Lankhmar Game (DCC)”