(010) Jump to Jenghe

Eris
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

(010) Jump to Jenghe

#1 Post by Eris »

The Connie Malone cruises out to the jump limit and makes a smooth transition into jump space. The ease of the cruise out and the transition surprises several of the crew, but "hey it's supposed to work this smoothly!"

Even the transition causes only minor gut twisting and none of the crew or passengers report the need for medical attention. Looks like Zaki has nothing to do.

Up on the bridge lights that are supposed to turn green do so and those that are supposed to stay green do that as well. As far as you can tell you have made a completely successful transition and are running smoothly. You can go to a skeleton watch on the bridge, mostly to keep an eye on the ship through the security cameras and sensors and make sure those lights stay green.

Back in Engineering, Chandra checks and double checks every system and is finally satisfied. The sensors and diagnostics report the power plant, the maneuver drive and the jump drive all operated within 0.00001% of optimal. He couldn't ask for better. Life support looks good, 0 leakage from the airlock so the replaced seal is working as it should. Gravity control looks like it is 100% even in the area where he replaced the wonky grav module down in the cargo bay. Again he can switch from a constant watch to an intermittent check in between continuing maintenance around the ship.

In the passenger areas, most of the passengers are in their cabins sleeping as ship time has been set to night. The ship time will slowly be adjusted to match Jenghe time over the next week. Sir Baltus is still awake, but will probably head for his stateroom soon, wants to finish his chat with the crew...especially Sigrun...and have a glass of brandy before he heads to bed.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: (010) Jump to Jenghe

#2 Post by Eris »

Edwardo reviews the cargo load out.

There are 65 tons of freight in the hold to be delivered to Jenghe. They have already been paid for this freight and have to make "best effort" to make a timely delivery or suffer penalties. Shouldn't be a problem, though.

You're also carrying 41 tons of cargo you've bought for speculative trading: 1 ton of Art and 40 tons of specialty pigments/dies. Edwardo is expecting a very nice profit from selling both on Jenghe.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Tiglath »

Before the bridge crew stand down to the night watch Sigrun reports to Pedro and Carlos “I made some enquiries before we left orbit. I called the only people I know on Regina and asked them about their area of expertise”.

She smiles, pleased with herself “The information from my Embassy is that riddari … ah … knight …Herr Baltus was or is an Imperial diplomatic security operative based on Regina. He's now with Ling. Such people are dedicated professionals but he is not an Imperial Marine - so not as dangerous as me” she smiles and her teeth show.

She continues “However, I believe he will have been trained by them and is therefore a competent soldier well capable of defending the ship. He’s certainly well enough armed - dependant on its tech level that laser rifle of his will go clean through combat armour! As an Imperial agent he will also have other areas of expertise aside from his weapons. Perhaps the issue is now where his loyalties lie?”

She slides into one of the vacant crew positions "I'll mind Connie if you want to take a break - but send someone up with some food!"
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:The Connie Malone cruises out to the jump limit and makes a smooth transition into jump space. The ease of the cruise out and the transition surprises several of the crew, but "hey it's supposed to work this smoothly!"

Even the transition causes only minor gut twisting and none of the crew or passengers report the need for medical attention. Looks like Zaki has nothing to do.

In the passenger areas, most of the passengers are in their cabins sleeping as ship time has been set to night. The ship time will slowly be adjusted to match Jenghe time over the next week. Sir Baltus is still awake, but will probably head for his stateroom soon, wants to finish his chat with the crew...especially Sigrun...and have a glass of brandy before he heads to bed.
Zaki checks on those passengers still awake, and tends to them as required. Then, she makes her way to the bridge, collects Carlos, and takes him to the crew lounge, where she fixes dinner for them both.

As they eat, Zaki suddenly sits up straight. "Oh! I forgot that I need to assign Emily to a stateroom." She messages Edwardo and Chandra. "I need a room for Emily. Can you two share a stateroom?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:The Connie Malone cruises out to the jump limit and makes a smooth transition into jump space. The ease of the cruise out and the transition surprises several of the crew, but "hey it's supposed to work this smoothly!"

Zaki checks on those passengers still awake, and tends to them as required. Then, she makes her way to the bridge, collects Carlos, and takes him to the crew lounge, where she fixes dinner for them both.

As they eat, Zaki suddenly sits up straight. "Oh! I forgot that I need to assign Emily to a stateroom." She messages Edwardo and Chandra. "I need a room for Emily. Can you two share a stateroom?"
Chandra: Fine with me.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:
joertexas wrote:As they eat, Zaki suddenly sits up straight. "Oh! I forgot that I need to assign Emily to a stateroom." She messages Edwardo and Chandra. "I need a room for Emily. Can you two share a stateroom?"
Great, thank you,Zaki sends back.

She keys her comm. "Edwardo, do you have a moment?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun joins Sir Baltus in the passenger lounge for a nightcap. She has changed her appearance and, accompanied by John Lee, seems very much “off duty”.

She wears her blond hair loose and is wearing a green silk tunic style dress with a standing collar. Sawhuffa’s expert tailoring* shows off her figure and the length of the dress reveals her athletically toned legs. She has accessorised the outfit with combat boots and a medium sized shoulder bag. A long leather bound handle with a wrist thong incongruously protrudes from the bag.

She sends Zaki a message via the inter ship comm which reads: Testing one of your outfits on civilians - passenger lounge.

(OOC: * I presume Sawhuffa took Sigrun's measurements (and survived) before she left to go gun shopping in the Alcabra and tasked Zaki with buying her some clothes.

She will probably make this a habit to keep contact with Ling’s security man through the week of jump).

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:She sends Zaki a message via the inter ship comm which reads: Testing one of your outfits on civilians - passenger lounge.
"Oh, dear," Zaki sends back.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by ffilz »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun joins Sir Baltus in the passenger lounge for a nightcap. She has changed her appearance and, accompanied by John Lee, seems very much “off duty”.

She wears her blond hair loose and is wearing a green silk tunic style dress with a standing collar. Sawhuffa’s expert tailoring* shows off her figure and the length of the dress reveals her athletically toned legs. She has accessorised the outfit with combat boots and a medium sized shoulder bag. A long leather bound handle with a wrist thong incongruously protrudes from the bag.

She sends Zaki a message via the inter ship comm which reads: Testing one of your outfits on civilians - passenger lounge.

(OOC: * I presume Sawhuffa took Sigrun's measurements (and survived) before she left to go gun shopping in the Alcabra and tasked Zaki with buying her some clothes.

She will probably make this a habit to keep contact with Ling’s security man through the week of jump).
Sir Baltus will happily converse with Sigrun. He definitely appreciates her taste in style. He wears well fitted suits himself.

BTW Eris, this should be thread 011... there's already a thread 010...
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun happily discusses ship security issues and external threats with Sir Baltus.
joertexas wrote:"Oh, dear," Zaki sends back.
Sigrun responds: Don't worry. Have Mr Petamore and my axe.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun happily discusses ship security issues and external threats with Sir Baltus.
joertexas wrote:"Oh, dear," Zaki sends back.
Sigrun responds: Don't worry. Have Mr Petamore and my axe.
Zaki sends back a little cartoon character that faints and falls over backwards.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote:Zaki sends back a little cartoon character that faints and falls over backwards.
Sigrun remains sociably professional throughout her drink with Sir Baltus. The only exception is caused by receipt of a comm message which causes her to unashamedly laugh out loud.

At the end of the “evening” she schedules recurring daily contact with Sir Baltus to liaise re security matters and bids him and any other passengers present a good night.

Transiting back through the crew lounge she seems relaxed and carefree enough to show off her new outfit to anyone present before retiring with John Lee. She comments “There are heels to go with it but I soon tired of having to duck through every damned hatch on the ship”.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by joertexas »

joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote:
joertexas wrote:As they eat, Zaki suddenly sits up straight. "Oh! I forgot that I need to assign Emily to a stateroom." She messages Edwardo and Chandra. "I need a room for Emily. Can you two share a stateroom?"
Great, thank you,Zaki sends back.

She keys her comm. "Edwardo, do you have a moment?"
Reposting...
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by Eris »

OOC: NPCing Edwardo for now...
Edwardo has been busy with the cargo and freight. He has just returned to his cabin after checking the tie downs after the ship was in flight and is sitting at his room's computer terminal about to bring up lessons on computer programming when his comm buzzes.

"Edwardo, do you have a moment?" says Zaki.

"Um, yes, plenty of moments until we leave jump. I was just about to start my training in Computers, but I'm open to other ideas." Edwardo comms back.

Zaki continues, "I need a room for Emily. Can you two share a stateroom?"

Edwardo raises his eyebrows and returns, "Is Emily one of the passengers and why do you need me to share a stateroom with her?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#15 Post by Keven »

Eris wrote:OOC: NPCing Edwardo for now...
No more 'ATM'? That sucks.
Eris wrote:Edwardo has been busy with the cargo and freight. He has just returned to his cabin after checking the tie downs after the ship was in flight and is sitting at his room's computer terminal about to bring up lessons on computer programming when his comm buzzes.

"Edwardo, do you have a moment?" says Zaki.

"Um, yes, plenty of moments until we leave jump. I was just about to start my training in Computers, but I'm open to other ideas." Edwardo comms back.

Zaki continues, "I need a room for Emily. Can you two share a stateroom?"

Edwardo raises his eyebrows and returns, "Is Emily one of the passengers and why do you need me to share a stateroom with her?"
Carlos chuckles. "Nothing like a love connection." He glances at Zaki. "I know, I'll be paying for that tonight..."
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:
Eris wrote:Edwardo raises his eyebrows and returns, "Is Emily one of the passengers and why do you need me to share a stateroom with her?"
Carlos chuckles. "Nothing like a love connection." He glances at Zaki. "I know, I'll be paying for that tonight..."
"Behave!" Zaki giggles and playfully swats Carlos with her hand.

"Edwardo, no I wasn't asking you to share with Emily, who is our new crew member, by the way. I want you to share with Chandra so Emily can have her own stateroom."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#17 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:
Eris wrote:Edwardo raises his eyebrows and returns, "Is Emily one of the passengers and why do you need me to share a stateroom with her?"

"Edwardo, no I wasn't asking you to share with Emily, who is our new crew member, by the way. I want you to share with Chandra so Emily can have her own stateroom."
Carlos grabs her hand and kisses it. "You prefer it when I don't, love..."
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos grabs her hand and kisses it. "You prefer it when I don't, love..."
Zaki laughs and lets Carlos have her hand. "You're right about that, but I still have to find Emily a place to bunk first."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:

"Oh, okay."Edwardo comms back,"I'm okay with sharing a stateroom with Chandra. Where are you now? I'd like to meet Emily."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:"Oh, okay."Edwardo comms back,"I'm okay with sharing a stateroom with Chandra. Where are you now? I'd like to meet Emily."
"I'm in the crew common area, beating up on Carlos. Emily is here, too." She pats Carlos' arm and smiles at Emily. "Good news, you have a place to sleep besides the forward passageway."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”