(010) Jump to Jenghe

Eris
Keven
Ranger
Ranger

Re: (010) Jump to Jenghe

#21 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:"Oh, okay."Edwardo comms back,"I'm okay with sharing a stateroom with Chandra. Where are you now? I'd like to meet Emily."
"I'm in the crew common area, beating up on Carlos. Emily is here, too." She pats Carlos' arm and smiles at Emily. "Good news, you have a place to sleep besides the forward passageway."
Carlos chuckles. "Could have been worse, Emily. Last time we sortied from Regina, we had a guy sleeping in a closet." He finishes up dinner and draws another cup of zapana. "Dinner was good, love. You'll have to show me the settings sometime."
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Tiglath »

Before Jump: from 08 Meet Connie Malone

Sigrun smiles “In that case the Ruian SMG in the Ship’s Locker is yours - just be sharper than its previous owner!”

She then hastily adds “The weapon itself is not bad nor unlucky - the fates just decided that the guard would meet me”. She gives a cold vulpine smile and states “I am Ulfednar. All of his luck all at once couldn’t have saved him”.

She continues “I don't need to tell you how to fight, Emily Green - so I'll just tell you about using the new weapon. The choice of rounds makes the snub pistol very flexible. You could switch out the Tranq rounds for HE or Gas until you get more accurate with it”.

As an afterthought she adds “I will loan you my Ingelrii Arms autopistol as a personal weapon. She was made on Sacnoth and will never let you down”.

She then says “I will bring you the Inglerii when we are in jump but for now I promised to bring Pedro his kaf”.

After Jump: current thread

Sigrun re-enters the crew lounge and offers a hangun to Emily “Here is the Inglerii but only if you want it. I believe that always having a weapon to hand is practical”.

Sigrun hands over a well worn but immaculately clean medium sized auto pistol of rugged and durable Sword Worlds design. The weapon has been engraved with runes and a stylised female face vertically divided into black and white halves.

(OOC: Hope I haven't caused confusion with the above - just trying to put us all in the current thread).
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#23 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote:Before Jump: from 08 Meet Connie Malone

Sigrun smiles “In that case the Ruian SMG in the Ship’s Locker is yours - just be sharper than its previous owner!”

She then hastily adds “The weapon itself is not bad nor unlucky - the fates just decided that the guard would meet me”. She gives a cold vulpine smile and states “I am Ulfednar. All of his luck all at once couldn’t have saved him”.

She continues “I don't need to tell you how to fight, Emily Green - so I'll just tell you about using the new weapon. The choice of rounds makes the snub pistol very flexible. You could switch out the Tranq rounds for HE or Gas until you get more accurate with it”.

As an afterthought she adds “I will loan you my Ingelrii Arms autopistol as a personal weapon. She was made on Sacnoth and will never let you down”.

She then says “I will bring you the Inglerii when we are in jump but for now I promised to bring Pedro his kaf”.

After Jump: current thread

Sigrun re-enters the crew lounge and offers a hangun to Emily “Here is the Inglerii but only if you want it. I believe that always having a weapon to hand is practical”.

Sigrun hands over a well worn but immaculately clean medium sized auto pistol of rugged and durable Sword Worlds design. The weapon has been engraved with runes and a stylised female face vertically divided into black and white halves.

(OOC: Hope I haven't caused confusion with the above - just trying to put us all in the current thread).

Emily took the weapon and bowed her head. "Thank you. I will return it as soon as I can get one of my own. I appreciate your kindness."

Emily
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Into the Marches: Emily Green, 566997, 34, LCDR Imperial Navy, 4 terms.
Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Akus Moby: Lily Stone, 897CB3, 42, Marine Gunnery Sergeant, 6 terms.
Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1
14,000 cr, 1 High Passage

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by joertexas »

terrymixon wrote:Emily took the weapon and bowed her head. "Thank you. I will return it as soon as I can get one of my own. I appreciate your kindness."
Zaki finishes her drink and stands. "Emily, let's get your stateroom ready. She helps Chandra and Edwardo settle into their shared quarters, and assists Emily in readying the room for herself.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#25 Post by terrymixon »

joertexas wrote:
terrymixon wrote:Emily took the weapon and bowed her head. "Thank you. I will return it as soon as I can get one of my own. I appreciate your kindness."
Zaki finishes her drink and stands. "Emily, let's get your stateroom ready. She helps Chandra and Edwardo settle into their shared quarters, and assists Emily in readying the room for herself.
Emily hefted her bag. "Unpacking won't be a burden."

Emily
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0

Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by joertexas »

terrymixon wrote:Emily hefted her bag. "Unpacking won't be a burden."
"Oh, now Carlos will expect me to be able to move with one bag," Zaki says with a grin.

After she finishes with Emily, Zaki checks on the passengers, and then retires to her room for the evening.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun lends a hand to help folk move in/out. She then freshens up and goes for her drink with John Lee and Sir Baltus. She retires to the stateroom she shares with John Lee on return.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#28 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun lends a hand to help folk move in/out. She then freshens up and goes for her drink with John Lee and Sir Baltus. She retires to the stateroom she shares with John Lee on return.
As Emply has little baggage, she'll help the kind soul moving to make room for her as well, introducing herself as she does.

Emily

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#29 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
terrymixon wrote:Emily hefted her bag. "Unpacking won't be a burden."
"Oh, now Carlos will expect me to be able to move with one bag," Zaki says with a grin.

After she finishes with Emily, Zaki checks on the passengers, and then retires to her room for the evening.
Carlos cleans up the crew lounge a bit and goes to bed with Zaki. "Hon, I've been thinking. I'm gonna study up for my Broker cert. Always helps to have a backup, and Eduardo doesn't have one."
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos cleans up the crew lounge a bit and goes to bed with Zaki. "Hon, I've been thinking. I'm gonna study up for my Broker cert. Always helps to have a backup, and Eduardo doesn't have one."
Zaki rolls onto her side to face her lover. "That would help us with cargoes? Sorry, but I don't know anything about how to operate a starship."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#31 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos cleans up the crew lounge a bit and goes to bed with Zaki. "Hon, I've been thinking. I'm gonna study up for my Broker cert. Always helps to have a backup, and Eduardo doesn't have one."
Zaki rolls onto her side to face her lover. "That would help us with cargoes? Sorry, but I don't know anything about how to operate a starship."
Carlos gently pushes her hair back with a finger. "Hopefully. Thing is, love, I don't think Eduardo wants to go back home. Dunno if he likes it out here or not, but every time we bring The Plan up, he clams up pretty tight. Almost as though he's afraid to go back even within a sector of where he started." He kisses her forehead. "As for learning operations, there is a study program in the computer. I can pilot, though I'm a better navigator. And I know a bit about engineering, and gunnery. Think over what you might want to pick up, hon. No rush, we still need to get a handle on your problem. From what I understand, it's two-fold. Genetic and biological. Fixing the genetics should be simple, once we identify the mutant gene. Just send a bunch of nanites through you to do the repair. They've been doing that kind of genetic surgery for thousands of years on high tech worlds. The biggie is, getting your biology reset to allow you to use regen."
In The Marches:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos gently pushes her hair back with a finger. "Hopefully. Thing is, love, I don't think Eduardo wants to go back home. Dunno if he likes it out here or not, but every time we bring The Plan up, he clams up pretty tight. Almost as though he's afraid to go back even within a sector of where he started." He kisses her forehead. "As for learning operations, there is a study program in the computer. I can pilot, though I'm a better navigator. And I know a bit about engineering, and gunnery. Think over what you might want to pick up, hon. No rush, we still need to get a handle on your problem. From what I understand, it's two-fold. Genetic and biological. Fixing the genetics should be simple, once we identify the mutant gene. Just send a bunch of nanites through you to do the repair. They've been doing that kind of genetic surgery for thousands of years on high tech worlds. The biggie is, getting your biology reset to allow you to use regen."
Zaki closes her eyes in response to his intimate caress. She would have expected to become accustomed to his touch, but her reactions only became more powerful as his soul entrenched itself within hers. "Wherever you are, I'm home," she says quietly. She catches her lower lip in her teeth as she listens, and then nods. "There is a system trailward of us that supposedly has some advanced research facilities. I'd rather not go to the Darrians, but we may have to go, anyway. I don't think I could even do this alone, Carlos. As for the other, maybe I can learn to help more with the passengers." She grins. "The ones who are still awake, I mean. The sleepers are not much trouble."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#33 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos gently pushes her hair back with a finger. "Hopefully. Thing is, love, I don't think Eduardo wants to go back home. Dunno if he likes it out here or not, but every time we bring The Plan up, he clams up pretty tight. Almost as though he's afraid to go back even within a sector of where he started." He kisses her forehead. "As for learning operations, there is a study program in the computer. I can pilot, though I'm a better navigator. And I know a bit about engineering, and gunnery. Think over what you might want to pick up, hon. No rush, we still need to get a handle on your problem. From what I understand, it's two-fold. Genetic and biological. Fixing the genetics should be simple, once we identify the mutant gene. Just send a bunch of nanites through you to do the repair. They've been doing that kind of genetic surgery for thousands of years on high tech worlds. The biggie is, getting your biology reset to allow you to use regen."
Zaki closes her eyes in response to his intimate caress. She would have expected to become accustomed to his touch, but her reactions only became more powerful as his soul entrenched itself within hers. "Wherever you are, I'm home," she says quietly. She catches her lower lip in her teeth as she listens, and then nods. "There is a system trailward of us that supposedly has some advanced research facilities. I'd rather not go to the Darrians, but we may have to go, anyway. I don't think I could even do this alone, Carlos. As for the other, maybe I can learn to help more with the passengers." She grins. "The ones who are still awake, I mean. The sleepers are not much trouble."
Carlos smiles softly and kisses her. "There are over 11,000 worlds in the Imperium, and quite a few outside it. One thing my time in the Imperial Scouts taught me is, SOMEBODY must have run into this problem before and came up with a fix. We just need to find them. Everything's been done before. We just haven't tripped over somebody who's done it yet." He kisses her again. "But we will." He snuggles her close. "Sigrun says the Darrians are humans. She says so are the Joe-Dannies, too. I know your first time outside the Empire was on Ruie, but that experience wasn't typical. We'll be fine, hon." He chuckles. "And if we're not, we'll just point Sigrun at them and clean up the mess after her."
In The Marches:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos smiles softly and kisses her. "There are over 11,000 worlds in the Imperium, and quite a few outside it. One thing my time in the Imperial Scouts taught me is, SOMEBODY must have run into this problem before and came up with a fix. We just need to find them. Everything's been done before. We just haven't tripped over somebody who's done it yet." He kisses her again. "But we will." He snuggles her close. "Sigrun says the Darrians are humans. She says so are the Joe-Dannies, too. I know your first time outside the Empire was on Ruie, but that experience wasn't typical. We'll be fine, hon." He chuckles. "And if we're not, we'll just point Sigrun at them and clean up the mess after her."
"You'd need a combat engineer battalion to clean up after her," Zaki says with a sigh. "She's ours, so we have to stick with her." She grins and turns her head toward the ceiling. "Computer, gravity to point three gee, please." She waits for the cabin's gravity to adjust, and then she rolls atop Carlos, moving easily in the lighter gravity field. "Did I mention, I love traveling on starships?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#35 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos smiles softly and kisses her. "There are over 11,000 worlds in the Imperium, and quite a few outside it. One thing my time in the Imperial Scouts taught me is, SOMEBODY must have run into this problem before and came up with a fix. We just need to find them. Everything's been done before. We just haven't tripped over somebody who's done it yet." He kisses her again. "But we will." He snuggles her close. "Sigrun says the Darrians are humans. She says so are the Joe-Dannies, too. I know your first time outside the Empire was on Ruie, but that experience wasn't typical. We'll be fine, hon." He chuckles. "And if we're not, we'll just point Sigrun at them and clean up the mess after her."
"You'd need a combat engineer battalion to clean up after her," Zaki says with a sigh. "She's ours, so we have to stick with her." She grins and turns her head toward the ceiling. "Computer, gravity to point three gee, please." She waits for the cabin's gravity to adjust, and then she rolls atop Carlos, moving easily in the lighter gravity field. "Did I mention, I love traveling on starships?"
Carlos draws her down for a kiss. "I think I heard you say something to that effect, once or maybe twice." He gently scratches her back a bit.
In The Marches:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos draws her down for a kiss. "I think I heard you say something to that effect, once or maybe twice." He gently scratches her back a bit.
"Mmm," Zaki purrs as she presses her face into the junction of his neck and shoulder. "I have never been even close to this happy, Carlos. I hope you want me around until you're old and grey." She wiggles slightly to direct his scratching location. "My path to arrive here has been terrible, but I wouldn't change a thing now that I am here." She sniffs and scrubs away a tear using his shoulder. "I really do mean that."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#37 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Been swamped at work lately, and somehow missed this entire thread :oops:

As they transition to Jump Pedro is as surprised as the rest how smoothly it goes. "Simtale! Connie you are one sweet sweet ship; that's as smooth as I've ever felt." He grins at Carlos and leans back in the chair. "Think I'm going to just sit here and enjoy this for a while, I'll come down for a bite and a beer later."
Before the bridge crew stand down to the night watch Sigrun reports to Pedro and Carlos “I made some enquiries before we left orbit. I called the only people I know on Regina and asked them about their area of expertise”.

She smiles, pleased with herself “The information from my Embassy is that riddari … ah … knight …Herr Baltus was or is an Imperial diplomatic security operative based on Regina. He's now with Ling. Such people are dedicated professionals but he is not an Imperial Marine - so not as dangerous as me” she smiles and her teeth show.
Pedro nods. "That actually makes me feel more serene about his presence. He might even be who he says he is, and a Diplo security guy is expected to be invisible and subtle muscle. I hope he's a just-in-case assignment rather than a 'expecting trouble' one"

He sits a while in the darkened bridge, listening to the quiet noises of the "Connie" , makes his jump start entries in the captains log, then heads down gets his bite and a beer and falls into bed.

Am I bunking with anyone?
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Tiglath »

bruce.desertrat wrote:Am I bunking with anyone?
(OOC: Not as per my understanding.

We have five crew staterooms which are now allocated as follows: 1) Carlos and Zaki, 2) John Lee and Sigrun, 3) Chandra and Edwardo, 4) Pedro, 5) Emily).

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#39 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos draws her down for a kiss. "I think I heard you say something to that effect, once or maybe twice." He gently scratches her back a bit.
"Mmm," Zaki purrs as she presses her face into the junction of his neck and shoulder. "I have never been even close to this happy, Carlos. I hope you want me around until you're old and grey." She wiggles slightly to direct his scratching location. "My path to arrive here has been terrible, but I wouldn't change a thing now that I am here." She sniffs and scrubs away a tear using his shoulder. "I really do mean that."
Carlos holds her close, relaxing in the lowered gravity, content and at peace. "I love you, Zaki" he says as he falls off to sleep.
In The Marches:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos holds her close, relaxing in the lowered gravity, content and at peace. "I love you, Zaki" he says as he falls off to sleep.
Zaki lies on Carlos' chest and listens to his breathing. I suppose the evening activities will have to wait until morning, she thinks. She goes to sleep with a smile on her face.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”