ffilz
Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

OOC Random Discussion

#1 Post by Ramona »

ffilz wrote:
Tiglath wrote:
ffilz wrote:I'm not sure we established where Foix's stomping grounds were.
Foix asks Squee to verify the drugged nature of the locals (Read Surface Thoughts(?)) on a random sort that Grimaud lures near to the ship for a selfie. Rather than displaying any antipathy he seems entirely at ease with using psionics as a tool to achieve an end.
Are we still wanting to do this?

BTW, a G-Carrier is Mcr 1, so not sure what Kcr 20 "truck" Ana is referring to...
I picked a number out of the air. Fixed it, we can barely afford dinner 1mCr is a bit much on not a sure bet and I imagine they’re going ahead ... remember the time line is f’d up... Ana and Sara just left but there’s also been a days worth of info gathering and Ana and Sara just came back.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: 004 - Sheddezar

#2 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:I picked a number out of the air. Fixed it, we can barely afford dinner 1mCr is a bit much on not a sure bet and I imagine they’re going ahead ... remember the time line is f’d up... Ana and Sara just left but there’s also been a days worth of info gathering and Ana and Sara just came back.
If anyone wants to take a stab at fixing the timeline that might help folks. It's been a bit hard to follow everything that's gone on, and I've been delayed in responding sometimes. People might want to be careful about going too far on autopilot before I respond...
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#3 Post by Ramona »

That would involve the ability to move conversations to different threads. I’d start by moving all the straight up red messages to another thread. Shed Q&A

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:That would involve the ability to move conversations to different threads. I’d start by moving all the straight up red messages to another thread. Shed Q&A
Yea I could kid do some be cleanup.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by Ramona »

ffilz wrote:
Ramona wrote:That would involve the ability to move conversations to different threads. I’d start by moving all the straight up red messages to another thread. Shed Q&A
Yea I could kid do some be cleanup.
I would split off the ooc into a Q&A thread, split off the Sara and Ana Diving Adventure thread and then create an Evening Meeting thread. There are obvious splits for most of these threads.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#6 Post by Ramona »

lenusmars wrote:Not settled! The nice thing about the slides is that we can move the tags around pretty easily.

I've been really interested in the fluid sense of time and space that's been happening as we play. I'm used to pretty explicit scene-setting so it's an experience.
I’m working on getting threads split off so the dive trip can be handled seperately and the afternoon stuff is also it’s own thing and the ooc ... well you get the idea. :)

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:
lenusmars wrote:Not settled! The nice thing about the slides is that we can move the tags around pretty easily.

I've been really interested in the fluid sense of time and space that's been happening as we play. I'm used to pretty explicit scene-setting so it's an experience.
I’m working on getting threads split off so the dive trip can be handled seperately and the afternoon stuff is also it’s own thing and the ooc ... well you get the idea. :)
I'll see if I have the time today to split the thread. When I've done it in the past, it's been an hour or two task... And gets hairy when one post has material in it that probably belongs in a couple of the threads.

In the end, I may decide to just leave this thread as is...

I was also thinking a bit about lenusmars comment about the fluidity of time. I'm thinking that where all of what has gone on over the past days of posting is on ship and nothing has really had any external consequences that the time fluidity really doesn't cause any causality problems. It's possible that by mucking with the posts we actually muck up the understanding of what's been going on.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#8 Post by Ramona »

Feel free to toss me under the bus on this. There was no point in my mind of making everyone wait for weeks while Sara and Ana went off and did their side trip to learn stuff. You summed up what we learned and that gives us the ability to discuss and push the game forward while the side trip can happen elsewhere without grinding everything else to a halt. The roleplay still gets to happen without everyone else having to sit on their hands waiting for their turn to pop up.

Throw me admin for a bit, if you want I have the day off so I’ve got some time this afternoon.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:Feel free to toss me under the bus on this. There was no point in my mind of making everyone wait for weeks while Sara and Ana went off and did their side trip to learn stuff. You summed up what we learned and that gives us the ability to discuss and push the game forward while the side trip can happen elsewhere without grinding everything else to a halt. The roleplay still gets to happen without everyone else having to sit on their hands waiting for their turn to pop up.

Throw me admin for a bit, if you want I have the day off so I’ve got some time this afternoon.
Looks like to make you an admin, I'd need to make a request to the Unseen Servant administration.

I think we're close to a decision on whether and how to do a diving expedition. What we could do at that point is split of the actual expedition to it's own thread. In the meantime, we can have another thread for cargo and passenger procurement.

As to Buzz, at this point, I sort of think he's out. I do have two wait listed players if we want to open up to a new player. One of them I think is someone I know.

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

Re: OOC Random Discussion

#10 Post by lenusmars »

Would it be helpful to make an effort to isolate OOC discussion into separate posts? That is any ooc discussion that isn't direct commentary on in-character actions or similar.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#11 Post by Ramona »

It’s about thread management, I don’t know what the UI is like in Unseen, from the sound of it it’s a pain to deal with. I imagine it’s only easy to deal with 1 page of messages at a time and when you’re dealing with stuff that’s spread out over 23 pages of text it’s a nightmare.

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#12 Post by lenusmars »

Organization of pbp has always been a bit of a challenge. In games I run I'm usually breaking things scene to scene (or event to event) with a notation for what the scene is(and who is in it) as we go. I know other games keep everything entirely in one thread. In some games we've confined out of character discussion and commentary except for immediate character questions/actions to a 'table talk' thread or chat-type backchannel on google hangouts or slack.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#13 Post by ffilz »

lenusmars wrote:Would it be helpful to make an effort to isolate OOC discussion into separate posts? That is any ooc discussion that isn't direct commentary on in-character actions or similar.
Yea, OOC discussion that is not direct commentary on character actions would be helpful to have in separate posts. That would make it easier to split out if a side discussion starts to take off. When it's one post and a response from me, it's worth leaving in context, once it becomes a discussion, it would be better to move it.

As to breaking up scenes, I'm still feeling things out. This campaign has a lot more role play than my previous campaigns so the threads grow quicker. But it can also make it less clear where to break scenes. Another place separate posts might be helpful is if you are narrating a transition from one scene to another to take some care in case it makes sense to split the new scene into a new thread.

Frank

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by joertexas »

Do we have a timeline or date reference for the game?
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#15 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:Do we have a timeline or date reference for the game?
Yes. I need to be more clear with the dates. The most recent training attempts in the log are the start of the jump to Arthiop.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#16 Post by Ramona »

Maybe header each new post Arlthorp (254-1127) or something.

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#17 Post by Faanku »

Hi, thanks for having me here. I'm only moderately familiar with Traveller as a system, so I'm going to be reading the books and the setting info over the next day or two.
Pleased to meet you guys o/

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Tiglath »

Well, welcome aboard!

Hopefully you'll be meeting the crazy gang IC quite soon! :)
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#19 Post by Faanku »

Cheers mate.
There's a lot to take in, but I'll try to be as quick as possible. I assume we left Tegel a long time ago?

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Tiglath »

Yes, sorry AFK. If you're reading yourself in there are a couple of places where "new chapters" naturally happen in the narrative. The most recent is a whereby the PCs "change horses/ships" to assist Foix's relative Lady Alicia on her safari ship.

So Chapter [007] Lady Alicia's Yacht - the Kiara Surabi is probably the most recent "natural break" at which to pick up the story.

There's also a link there to the current google doc for a "who's who".

Although I'm sure everyone will introduce themselves more than eloquently IC :)
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”