Re: OOC Random Discussion

#81 Post by Ramona »

Lol!

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Tiglath »

And he doesn't just focus all his attention on attention on Ana.

He's made Vee into a target for assassination!!!

Oh, wait...

As I pointed out when joertexas thanked me - Foix just is the gift that keeps on giving! ;) :P
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#83 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Wow, Cmdr. Taheri is getting full breakfast theater!

I doubt she would have as many close up encounters that could lead to PTSD. If it gets down to hand-to-hand combat on board, she (or someone) has done something terribly wrong. Ship-to-ship is another matter.
SpinwardMarch

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#84 Post by ffilz »

I really want to try an make a significant update this week, it would help if someone could distill a next course of action from all the role play so I can start doing GM stuff...
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by Leitz »

ffilz wrote:I really want to try an make a significant update this week, it would help if someone could distill a next course of action from all the role play so I can start doing GM stuff...
Larry's work is more passive data gathering; useful for those awesome business recommendations he's going to be asked for. Otherwise he's just sipping coffee and having breakfast.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Tiglath »

ffilz wrote:I really want to try an make a significant update this week, it would help if someone could distill a next course of action from all the role play so I can start doing GM stuff...
We're minded to go off the map to try to learn anything about the state of the Foix family.

If we could achieve that goal just as well on Damkina then all well and good.

Maybe a House Foix courier ship is due or some similar method of getting some news?

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#87 Post by ffilz »

Tiglath wrote:
We're minded to go off the map to try to learn anything about the state of the Foix family.

If we could achieve that goal just as well on Damkina then all well and good.

Maybe a House Foix courier ship is due or some similar method of getting some news?
Yea, that would work, I don't think I have time or energy to work up too much detail of off map stuff. I'll have to review what's been talked about the Foix family so far and see what I can pick up and run with and present leads within the Wine Dark Rift.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Tiglath »

I don't think we even need something major - keep all that bubbling in the background.

Some friction from the Damkina House Foix nobility would amuse no end.

House Foix has a reputation for both duels and intrigue so a faction within the local branch might decide to get territorial and "test" members of Foix's retinue - perhaps for no better reason than that they can and because they look down on "upstarts at court".

No one's going to challenge Foix to a duel but seeing how far they can push some of his retinue might be what would make entertainment for a bored noble. ;)

If all else fails just have someone spill Ana's pint! ;) :P :D

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#89 Post by ffilz »

Sorry, I still haven't disciplined myself to sit down and spend an evening looking things over and tossing some hooks your way.

Part of my challenge is finding time where I feel like I can take a break from work. In the 2018-2019 school year, our kids finished up preschool just after lunch, so I could pick them up, come back and work for a bit more and then take a mid-afternoon break to do PbP stuff, and then realize I spent way too much time on it, but still have time to whip out some more lines of code before 5:00. Now we have a 3:30 pick up which means I'm off picking them up right about the time window I used to do PbP stuff... This was not so obvious when things were on a roll that made it that I could take 15-20 minutes to craft a response.

So I just need to suck it up, and do PbP advancement in the evening...

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#90 Post by Ramona »

How’d that work out for you? Lol. It’s trying times my friend stay sane first. Then worry about the little stuff.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by joertexas »

I'm still waiting to see what Ana does next ;)
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#92 Post by Ramona »

Haha... you'd like that wouldn't you. :lol:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by joertexas »

Ramona wrote:Haha... you'd like that wouldn't you. :lol:
Well, we can keep it PG-13, but yeah, I would like to see how it plays out.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#94 Post by Ramona »

New forum lay out feels odd... I posted before it happened, then edited a couple words added a sentence or two and it changed during the edit.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by Leitz »

Ramona wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:39 pm New forum lay out feels odd... I posted before it happened, then edited a couple words added a sentence or two and it changed during the edit.
Likely a one time thing; the protocol for most websites isn't as interactive as it seems. So they may have been working on it when you were posting.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#96 Post by ffilz »

I will be starting a Classic Traveller campaign in a few weeks on Roll20. We will play every other week on Wednesday evening, 8:30 PM Pacific Time to 10:30 PM Pacific Time (this week would be an "on" week). The campaign will be set in my Wine Dark Rift setting ( https://ffilz.github.io/Gaming/winedark.html ) though centered on Tarantis on the "North" side of the rift instead of the Imperium on the "South" side of the rift where my other campaigns have run.

Thanks

Frank

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#97 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Sounds fun. Count me in. Let us know when you are ready. I just signed up for an account there.
SpinwardMarch

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#98 Post by ffilz »

So we've gone over a month and haven't managed to really move things along. At this point, I don't see how to get this campaign back on track. Part of it is that chasing after the noble situation is a "bigger" thing than what I had really set up for the Wine Dark Rift. Sure, I put a background that the Imperium is contracting and as a result little wars and other trouble is breaking out, but this campaign has drifted more towards the politics of that contraction rather than the consequences. Maybe I'm reading things wrong.

I also feel like the role play of interactions between the PCs has started to take so much volume people not involved are getting bored, and it seems to be slowing down reaction to the situation and moving the game forward. I get that in part, the role play broke out amidst my getting stalled. The reality is I'm struggling with how to move this game forward, and maybe part of the reality is a struggle with making Traveller itself work.

So is this game worth re-directing and rescuing, or should we archive it?

Frank

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by Leitz »

As far as the other people involved, players and DM, I'd happily game with any of you. Already am, actually.

To be fair, I think the players may be playing a different game. Given the scope change, and the group, is it a great fit? How much work is needed for the grand scale game that you planned to run, and how much is needed to provide for the game that the players are currently playing? Both are valid, but both are fairly broad in scope and require a good bit of time to set up for.

That the game has gone this long without significant activity seems to be the answer.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:46 pmSo is this game worth re-directing and rescuing, or should we archive it?
I think we have decided on a path forward IG, which is to visit the different systems where House Foix has interests. One huge advantage of this game format is that we can concurrently run as many threads as we wish. It's more work for the GM, but it's an option.

So, why don't we split the PCs up and send them out in smaller groups? Each group can do their own thing, and not be bogged down with actions not directly involving them. Timing the groups' interactions with each other could be an issue, but, generally speaking, they will be on their own for months in game time.

Lastly, I've put a fair bit of time into Vee, and I'd like to play her more to see what happens.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”