Action Thread 5

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 5

#101 Post by Alethan »

She raises an eyebrow as she passes the clear potion over to SoT.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia quickly screws a look of concern on her visage. "Son of Thunder, with all due respect, I feel that would be taking a chance that need not be taken at present. I have no spell nor antidote if it turns out to be poisonous!"

The little halfling druidess looks over with anticipation and uncertainty to see what will happen...
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by tkrexx »

I have no spell nor antidote if it turns out to be poisonous
The Ranger blinks at Zafalia. You...You don't...? Ah. Well, I may need to re-evaluate my position for a time. Until then,...He turns back to the passages away...I'll look for sign to see which tunnel has seen more traffic.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 12:40 p

As some of the party checks the potions, and others check the passages, and still others lament their abilities :) the Ranger checks the tracks coming into, and out of, the cavern.

PM sent.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Zafalia and Varkos and Malak; 2- Odo and Rake and SoT and Ilhalevar; 3- ; 4- Al'Zur (back to one side of the cavern opening); 5- Wulfgard; 6-
Consumables: Hooded lamp (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 28 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 30 minutes (Rake), 40' radius; Torch, 30 minutes (Odo), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-3/4, 2-3/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by tkrexx »

Curious, the Ranger observes aloud. The north passage seems virtually abandoned. There be scarecrow track to the south, as well as other sign, perhaps of those great spiders our rat friends had reference to.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#106 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:Want to put the map here to give you a sense of how I figure where people are.
Blue arrow is where you came in, red arrows are the two passages out.
Picture1.gif
tkrexx wrote:Curious, the Ranger observes aloud. The north passage seems virtually abandoned. There be scarecrow track to the south, as well as other sign, perhaps of those great spiders our rat friends had reference to.
Which way is north on the map???
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by rredmond »

The uppermost red arrow, as you look at the map, is the northernmost passage leading out.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#108 Post by Solinor »

Wulfgard, muttering looks about holding his mace. East, east, continue east.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#109 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo offers his torch to anyone who wants to carry it, then heads forward to scout.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 12:45 p

The ranger reports, the cleric mutters, and the halfling sets off up in the northeastern passageway.

PM sent.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Zafalia and Varkos and Malak; 2- Odo and Rake and SoT and Ilhalevar; 3- ; 4- Al'Zur (back to one side of the cavern opening); 5- Wulfgard; 6-
Consumables: Hooded lamp (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 23 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 25 minutes (Rake), 40' radius; Torch, 25 minutes (Odo gave to someone else), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-3/4, 2-3/3

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia takes Odo's torch from him. She affords him an appraising look and remains nearby the mouth of the passage that he just went down. "Be careful then," she offers awkwardly.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#112 Post by saalaria »

Varkos continues to monitor his passageway until its time to lead out.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 12:55 p

Let me know anyone wants to do anything else during the turn that the halfling is gone.

After a long quiet wait, you see Odo come sneaking back. There is a "Room of mushrooms" up ahead. And nothing picking up, but this is a cold and damp place, he says upon his return.

Consumables: Hooded lamp (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 13 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 15 minutes (Rake), 40' radius; Torch, 15 minutes Zafaliaminutes (off), 40’ radius.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by rredmond »

Putting a map and a new thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=899

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”