Rider of Rohan

Re: Creating Goblin PC's:Adventure Style PC's

#41 Post by Rex »

I will take the Bugbear.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#42 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alright well then forget the roll off Shaidar or Dram whichever is online and posts next can just pick their lackey choice then the last person gets to choose from the last 2 left.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Dram »

I will take the Hobgoblin
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

#44 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Very well shaidar you have either the kobold or the goblin as your lackey.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by shaidar »

well i can't see any reason he would have a cleric of a non goblin god around trying to spread the word of a foreign god, so I guess it'll have to be the goblin thief

:?

GreyWolfVT

#46 Post by GreyWolfVT »

shaidar wrote:well i can't see any reason he would have a cleric of a non goblin god around trying to spread the word of a foreign god, so I guess it'll have to be the goblin thief

:?
Well it is a wandering Mysic a cleric kicked out of his own tribe for one reason or another he would either be of another deity or the kobold patheon so either way you wouldn't have one of a goblin deity. Unless I decide to roll a 5 NPC up for now i think the 4 are enough unless for some odd reason we get a new player or two but so far not a single blimp on the recruiting. :(

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Rex »

Recruiting isn't moving well for my game either. I think players are a bit saturated right now.

GreyWolfVT

#48 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rex wrote:Recruiting isn't moving well for my game either. I think players are a bit saturated right now.
Well the old timers like us sure or rather those of us that have been here for a longer time frame but we have gain new people this year even recently and i guess most of them at set with just one game or two. I'd hoped there would be more than 4 people interested in this type of game even if we changed it up a bit. Oh well we have 4 that is good enough with henchmen so odds are a bit better this will go better than it did in the original scenario.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by shaidar »

I think all i need to do now is equipment, was there going to be a list off stuff we stole to choose from?

GreyWolfVT

#50 Post by GreyWolfVT »

That is my bad but pretty much any weapon that the class or class kit "sub-class" specifies you need to take you have so if you are forced to use a short sword or spear you have one normal make same as the PHB has listed.

Each of you gets the following "freebies":

Backpack, 1 week of standard rations, a water skin, clothing if you wish to wear any. 1 Primary weapon normal make, metal not stone. 1 Dagger, flint & steel, 3 torches, 1 50' hemp rope, basic spell components (if needed), 1 small belt pouch. If you don't want the rope we can swap it for something else.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by shaidar »

Cool, thanks. I was going to stick with upchucks bone club, but happy to swap his stone knife for a dagger.

GreyWolfVT

#52 Post by GreyWolfVT »

shaidar wrote:Cool, thanks. I was going to stick with upchucks bone club, but happy to swap his stone knife for a dagger.
by all means you can definitely do that. You wont be forced to use "lesser" weaponry anymore.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by shaidar »

the club us decorated and part of his ceremonial gear, so he wouldn't drop it, and doesn't hit people with it much, he's not likely to go into melee, chosen some spells that will be if use instead.
Last edited by shaidar on Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreyWolfVT

#54 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I can still dig out the list of loot for scenario 1 from archive and post it if you want to take anything there that isn't listed above all you have to do is ask and I'll give an answer :)

Loot from original game:

4 x 50' coils of hemp rope
2 x Block and tackle
4 x Wooden Buckets
2 x 10' sq. Fishing Nets
2 x small tents
2 x Grappling hooks
12 x Wooden Spikes (likely for the tents)
2 x Wooden Hammers
1 x Small Barrel (smells of fish)
6 x Fishing hooks (with line)
2 x Large Sacks (filled) Contains: Horse Grain Feed
1 x Small Sack (looks half-empty) Contains: 20 Gold Pieces, 12 Silver Pieces, 3 Electrum Pieces & 48 Copper Pieces
1 x Wooden Morningstar
2 x Long Swords
2 x Leather Armor {Human Sized}
2 x Belt pouches
2 x Daggers
2 x Hand/Throwing Axe
1 x Light Crossbow
1 x Bolt Case (containing 8 light crossbow bolts/quarrels)
1 x Light Crossbow
1 x Bolt Case (containing 4 light crossbow bolts/quarrels)

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Dram »

Stixy hanz will take 1 tent. Are we starting at 2nd level.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

#56 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dram wrote:Stixy hanz will take 1 tent. Are we starting at 2nd level.
Yes 2nd level for PC's only all "lackeys" are level 1.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

GW (or anyone else), can you let me know if this seems right?
Madadam Bitterroot
with added d6 rolls:
Weapon Proficiencies (2):
1. cudgel/mace
2. sling

Non-Weapon Proficiencies (4):
1. Fortune Telling (??)
2. Healing (1)
3. Herbalism (1)
4. Local History (*)
5. Rope Use (1)

Questions:
Do Shamans have the "no pointy weapons" prohibition, or can he take a spear?
How much does the Fortune Telling proficiency cost?
What are the descriptions of the Fortune Telling and Rope Use proficiencies?

GreyWolfVT

#58 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:GW (or anyone else), can you let me know if this seems right?
Questions:
Do Shamans have the "no pointy weapons" prohibition, or can he take a spear?
How much does the Fortune Telling proficiency cost?
What are the descriptions of the Fortune Telling and Rope Use proficiencies?
The sheet looks fairly good only thing would be a Cudgel is a Club and does not double as a mace for proficiency side of things.

Answers:
1. Yes shaman is same as a cleric bludgeoning weapons only.
2. Fortune Telling I believe is only 2 slots for NWP slots. Rope Use is 1 slot.
3. Rope use is in the PHB and Fortune Telling is in the Humanoids book here are the descriptions for each.

Rope Use
This proficiency enables a character to accomplish amazing feats with rope. A character with rope use proficiency is familiar with all sorts of knots and can tie knots that slip, hold tightly, slide slowly, or loosen with a quick tug. If the character’s hands are bound and held with a knot, he can roll a proficiency check (with a –6 penalty) to escape the bonds. This character gains a +2 bonus to all attacks made with a lasso. The character also receives a +10% bonus to all climbing checks made while he is using a rope, including attempts to belay (secure the end of a climbing rope to) companions.
Fortune Telling
With this proficiency, characters know a variety of methods for divining the future and they are all fake. Humanoids with this skill employ odd-looking devices, sonorous oratory, or other methods to convince others that they are authentic soothsayers. Common methods include cards, palm reading, counting bumps, casting runes, examining animal entrails, and more. Humanoid fortune tellers put on a good show, then proclaim whatever prediction they want. This is done to gain money from the gullible, to impress other humanoids, or even to substitute for a true diviner when none are available. Humanoids are extremely superstitious, after all, and many tribes are happy to have the services of a fake when no true shaman is available. Without the fortune teller, many tribes might be paralyzed by their fear of the unknown. A successful proficiency check indicates that the target believes the fortune. If it fails, the sham is discovered or the fortune is simply not believed. Failure for a character trying to convince his tribe of his powers could prove deadly for the fake! The fast-talking modifiers can be used if the DM desires. Note that PCs are never forced to believe a prediction regardless of the roll. If the character calls the number on his d20 roll before rolling his check, then the prediction made by the fortune teller actually comes true.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Weapon Proficiency changed to Club. Thanks.

I meant the Local Lore proficiency, not Rope Use. Sorry.

Hmm.. Fortune Telling seems sort of lame! :lol: The original game gave the Shaman the following:
...They also have the power, once per day, of performing a divination (typically by casting bones and then interpreting the results); this is the equivalent of an augury that foretells weal or woe. The shaman does not actually ask a question but simply empties his mind, performs the divination, and then waits to see what omen the god sends. Finally, all of Bargrivyek’s shamans occasionally speak in fongues, sometimes falling down and babbling wildly in a mix of many languages, not all of them known to the speaker. Afterward the shaman has no memory of what he has said, but this odd manifestation of divine power through the mortal vessel has a tendency to scare the willies out of all who witness it, friend and foe alike. Goblins are heartened by the sign that their god is with them, gaining a +l bonus to all their attacks, damage, and saving throws; their enemies suffer -1 penalties to all such rolls and must roll a successful saving throw vs. spell or flee in panic as if stuck by a fear spell.
Are there any skills like Divination or Speaking in Tongues that Madadam has access to for 2 slots? (I'll skip the Rope Use proficiency for something like one of these.) Is Chanting close?
Last edited by Rusty Tincanne on Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GreyWolfVT

#60 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Local Lore
The local lore proficiency must be applied to a single interacting area. Usually a large city, a barony, or similar area is chosen. If a larger area is chosen (such as if the character chooses an entire country because they travel the entire country or their teacher does) the level of knowledge will be much less detailed about any area therein. This skill includes all the basic types of knowledge of the area, from common religions, heraldric devices, etiquette, politics, and so on. Some knowledge may require a proficiency check and even incur a penalty.
I can list off the new Non-Weapon Proficiencies if you want.

Return to “The Reverse Dungeon (AD&D 2e)”