House Rules

Black Wyvern
Guide
Guide

House Rules

#1 Post by Black Wyvern »

Dice Roller Campaign ID

Pre-Gen Characters
Everyone needs to roll 1d100 and post it in the ooc thread. We will pick characters from highest to lowest. Any coming after the first four will just have to pick as they arrive.

You can change the name and gender of characters if you wish. You can select your spells as noted below. You can choose one mount from the equipment list and any normal equipment within restrictions of you and your mount's encumbrance, remembering you are going to want to carry treasure so don't go too crazy. You also get to select character's proficiency and specializations slots.

Characters can have up to 100 pp on them if you choose. No other money.

Background and Deities
Any deity from Deities & Demigods real world pantheons will work. Alignment restrictions apply. The campaign world is going to be generic with the characters' base of operations a few days travel away.

Spell books
Characters with spell books can roll learn spell on spells of their choice until they have their maximum spells per level. Read Magic and Detect Magic are automatic (no roll required) but they don't have to be in your spell books. These books will represent your character's traveling spell book.

Spells
All UA Spells are allowed in addition to those in the PHB.

Weapon Specialization
Unearthed Arcana weapon specialization is being used. Paladins and multi-classed fighter and rangers can make use of it as well. Double specialization (Sx2) is allowed. WP slots can be used to specialize with weapons after character creation. Missile specialization will work just like melee weapons, you get the pluses to hit and damage and the improved attacks per round as noted but not the other jazz, no double damage or point blank range, and it still cost one more than a melee weapon to do but you can double specialize though again at an additional prof point.

Crits:
Critical hits and Fumbles happen on a natural roll of 20 or 1 respectively. I am going to use Critical Hits and Misses from Dragon.

Initiative:
BTB! Group initiative. All those other mods are just to break up simultaneous initiative (We will use them). Everyone will need to include a d6 initiative roll in every post, just encase. First roll up is the one we will use. Casting times are used so casters need to plan a bit.

Allowed Illusionist Magic Items:
Amend the list on PHB page 26 to read, in addition illusionist can use any magic item that duplicates an effect of one of their spells. If the item has multiple functions the illusionist can only use those that duplicate the effect of their spells.

Ability Checks:
I hate them. We will use other means to be determined by situation.

Actions in a Round:
Just so we are all on the same page as I have seen it done differently: You can choose one action in a round. Move, Melee Attack, Missile Attack, Cast Spell or Charge... There are many actions but those take in most of them.

The only way to enter melee combat is to charge (only possible once per turn), move into melee range (in which case you can attack the next round) or start your turn in melee range of an enemy.

Surprise
One round of actions for the side that surprises their opponents done by group.

Weapon vs. Armor
Funny but this is really the opposite of a house rule but it is so infrequently used I felt in needed said. I have been using it with my OD&D campaign and it works well in PbP. So we will give it a try. I am sure it will get forgotten from time to time.

I think that is about it.

Return to “The Charred Isle: A Funhouse (1e)”