It's Good To Bee Liam

OGRE MAGE
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: It's Good To Bee Liam

#581 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Caleb looks relieved, and slightly embarrassed.

"Okay."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#582 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam will get busy with Caleb helping rig up some kind of rough harness for a plow just to see if it can be done.

Provided they get a working prototype, Liam will cautiously begin moving towards the first Zilla to begin attaching it to the leather harness? Bridal? that was already there while speaking in a calming tone. Here we go big one... nice and easy. No big deal, here, right? Just trying something on.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#583 Post by OGRE MAGE »

After making several adjustments in the leather strapping, Caleb and Liam finally put something together that should fit the animal a little better than what the dwarves were using, but should still be strong enough to pull a plow through the sandy topsoil.

Working together, despite Calebs worry, the two get the thing attached to the animal securely enough without causing the animal too much distress. Now all they need to do is back the monstrous animal up to the towns only plow.

Give me a Hard Str check and a Hard Dex check, if you please. I will roll for Caleb.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#584 Post by Bluehorse »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:36 pm Give me a Hard Str check and a Hard Dex check, if you please. I will roll for Caleb.
What could possibly go wrong?

Rolls: Liam his part trying to act the part of a confident leader while keeping a weary eye on the Zilla and his friend. Easy doesn't it... Here we go....

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#585 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Somehow, Liam and Caleb get the plow hooked to the harness with little difficulty.

The Zilla remains calm the whole time and even moves forward once the plow is connected, to test the tension on the leather straps of its new harness.

Caleb looks up at Liam. "You wanna take it for the first row?"

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#586 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam smiles looking equal parts proud, enthusiastic, and of course, a little nervous. Here goes... he moves behind the plow and tentatively tries urging the Zilla forward in a non-aggressive way. Comeon Bigun... let's see what you can do here. Do a good job and Uncle Liam will find you something yummy to eat as soon as we figure out what it is you want to gnaw on.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#587 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The giant lizard just stands there when Liam urges it forward from behind. The animal doesn't seem to understand what the tugging or whipping of the reigns means.

Caleb dares a few steps closer.

"Should I try pulling on it from the front?"

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#588 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam shakes his head. No, let's go with something we know works... turning to the Princess: What was it you were leading him around with before? Let's see if we can put something like that in front of him and get him moving again for a start. This might truly be a case of carrot on a stick.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#589 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Do you want me to wait for her to respond?

I'm not even sure if MR is checking these threads.
:oops:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#591 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Of course!

I only asked because his last post in this thread was about 3 weeks ago.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#592 Post by Monsieur Rose »

:oops:
The Princess

She watches in interest as Caleb and Liam get the Zilla suited up. "Nice work. It doesn't look too bad."

Nodding as the stubborn beast plays to form, she reaches into her pack for a piece of rations. "I used these on the trail. Those ferns may work just as well." She moves to the Zilla and hops on, leaning down to talk and soothe it while guiding it forward. She uses the ration as a treat to get it to move.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#593 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Princess comes through again, showing the farmers how they do it back at the castle. ;)

Leading the animal with food does indeed get it moving forward again, just like when she first tried riding one of these huge beasts back in the jungle.

Caleb stands back and shakes his head at the entire spectacle as it plays out before him.

"The fellers back home aint ever gonna believe this one!"

Once the animal is done munching on the offered dried cake, it stops walking again.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#594 Post by Bluehorse »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:16 pm The Princess comes through again, showing the farmers how they do it back at the castle. ;)
Okay, I hate to be that guy, but that implies some horrible governing practices between the elites and the serfdom. Maybe the princess is a Matriarch of a Commy Kingdom using the promise of food for labor from an otherwise starving populous. Yikes!

Liam laughs as the Zilla moves forward and tips his hat to everyone as he passes by with the plow churning up the soil. Huzzah! What do you say to that everybody? Good thing it worked, because I was going to suggest we cook one if it didn't! Haha! This one certainly just earned a real name. Peckish?

Return to “Big Shiny Island (1E Sandbox, with real sand)”