It's Good To Bee Liam

OGRE MAGE
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: It's Good To Bee Liam

#501 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Raythan nods at the monk's idea.

"I wasnt sure about you Jaxsen, but I think Liam here has met the man before, yes?"

"I know where he is......"
The half-elf looks up into the empty trees that show no sign of life nearby. "I just don't know how to actually find him."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#502 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam

He nods. there was a spot where they lowered a rope once to me and Luthar the Ranger.
We met first some of the warriors of his tribe, then their leader, Snarku. He has a magic object that allows him to hear and respond to us, but only for a limited time, and it seemed very hard on him to use it. I wouldn't mind another visit with him, but if we don't do something here to stop the Kobolds soon, then we might lose all the progress we have made so far.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#503 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Raythan nods.

"You are right to think that way, friend."

"Perhaps I will attempt to find him myself."

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#505 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Watching Raythan walk away with Fiona at his side, and working non-stop to cut and strip the bamboo, the Monk's face takes on an aspect of wonder. "We never raised dogs at the monastery," he says to Liam. "A few chickens for eggs, and oxen for our crops, and we cared for the hives and nests of the Queen's Children that lived there naturally. But nothing that would be considered pets in the wider world. Companion animals. Perhaps working dogs would be welcome, if I approached it like that. Dogs to guard and herd the oxen. I think I shall give it more thought." And he does exactly that, as he works to assemble the needed parts for the waddle fence.

Would the Masters at the Temple permit dogs, if they worked, like everyone else at the Temple of Bralm? For a moment, he wonders if such thoughts are too lofty for a mere Grub. But he admits to himself that he has grown since he left his temple hive. Perhaps his growth has at least earned him the right to question such things, as long as the question is fair.... and asked respectfully.

Forgetting that Liam is not privy to his thoughts, he says aloud, "Maybe I should ask Fiona's opinion. I wonder if dogs would like the Temple?"
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#506 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Raythan declines the offer to take the dog before he disappears into the jungle.

“Keep her here to scare the kobolds. She won’t be much good to me climbing trees.”

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#507 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam

May the gods smile upon you, my friend. he looks worried but goes back to cutting down bamboo behind his animal pins. He will feed any excess greenery to the animals themselves. As he works, he looks over to Jaxsen. I just realized this will take away a bit of the kobolds hiding space. I'm going to clear out about 20 yards back and to either side.
We should have more than enoughwaddle material and the rest will make good feed.
he goes back to swinging his wicked looking tool, taking care not to damage any trees, especially mature ones.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#508 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Jaxsen falls in behind Liam, collecting the bamboo and stripping off the greenery for feed, as Liam suggested. He starts putting together bundles of the fencing material, spaced along the perimeter of the small farm, pre-positioning it.

I've looked up the methods and the styles used for these fences, but I'm not sure about the amounts needed or the time involved. Sorry, OM.
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#509 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I am not sure how in detail we are going to get to make a fence, but.......

Since these animals have been here for a while now, I would think that anything growing nearby would have already been cleared, used, and/or consumed.

Another trek into the jungle would be the only way to collect enough materiel to make the fencing you are talking about. The time needed for such a project would be lengthy as well.

Let me know how you would like to proceed with this.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#510 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam will move as inland as he needs to in order to harvest grasses and reeds for the fencing. He is careful to only cut away at undergrowth, but not hard any trees old or young. He will work until around time for the evening meal and then splash clean in the shallows before grabbing dinner and assuming guard duty for his animals and bees.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#511 Post by OGRE MAGE »

With SO/Jaxsen on a short pause, and some characters about to make their way back into town shortly, I will hold off here for a moment. But don’t despair, big things are coming the towns way shortly. :?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#513 Post by OGRE MAGE »

:lol:

Not yet.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#514 Post by OGRE MAGE »

On one of his trips back from gathering brush, Liam notices a group of adventurers heading into town from the small island off-shore.

Then he sees Mayor Daisy heading over to speak with them.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#516 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I guess I should point out that asking something of a player currently unable to post is almost the same thing as putting the thread on pause. :lol:

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#518 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Jaxson nods at Liam's suggestion. "Indeed. It is important to know what news there is concerning the hive. And perhaps we can get some additional help for the fences." Jax follows Liam over to where Daisy and the newcomers are.
"There is no spoon."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#519 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam

After getting the news will return to work at his farm until about sundown. He will then help Joe with tending to their feeding, milking, gathering eggs, etc. After a wash in the shallows, he will have a quick meal before posting himself on watch in the area north of his animal pens to see if they spot any of the troublesome kobolds. He has his ever present handaxe on his hip as well as his crossbow ready. For good measure, his scythe is in reach.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#520 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sorry. I am hesitant to continue real far into this as I am not sure about SO's intentions for Jaxsen at the moment. We will continue to be patient for his sake.

Liam collects his meager gain of eggs and milk for the day, it isn't much, but it is better than nothing. Joe tells his boss that he thinks the animals are producing less due to the stress from the constant threat of danger here. "Never seen anything like it afore. Normally animals is moren willin to produce what they can, in a safe an comfortable farmyard, but that dont seem ta be the case here."

Before the end of his chores, Liam is approached by a prominent member of the town, one who has never shown interest in the animals before this. It is none other than the Treehouse barkeep Randall. "Yesa, missa Liam. Whagwan witcha? Ya good? Say, lemme ask ya sumting. Mi no someone trying ta do somting nice fi da ole town, wit food an drink fi everyone. Mi haffi idea to spruce da meal up some, but it will require some egg and milk. Any chance ya got a bit extra Randall can add to da pot? Or is eryting ya got spoken fi already?"

Return to “Big Shiny Island (1E Sandbox, with real sand)”