It's Good To Bee Liam

OGRE MAGE
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: It's Good To Bee Liam

#521 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam

The old man smiles and shakes hands in greeting with Randall. Thank you for visiting! Always a pleasure to have guests. he then looked to Joe after Randall asks about a share of Eggs and Milk. Joe, where are we on the rotation? Has everyone gotten a share? I see no reason Randall shouldn't get some, too, especially if he is more or less sharing with everyone else.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#522 Post by OGRE MAGE »

”Yes man! Disa all fi da pee pole. Randall no eat milk.”

Joe looks back at Liam with consternation when asked if everyone in town has gotten their share.

“Course not. We ain’t got but a handful a chickens. It ain’t like they’s laying a hunderd eggs a day.”

Joe retrieves what the farmette has to offer and hands it over to Randall, only a few eggs and a small amount of milk.

“If yer makin somethin for the whole place, yer welcome to take what we got.”

The barkeep looks to Liam for approval before departing.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#524 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall nods and smiles, thanking the farmer for his donation.

"Yes man! Dissa really elp."

The barkeep sniffs the quarter full pitcher of milk and makes a sour face before answering.

"Becaw it disgustin, dats why."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#525 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam laughs and takes back the pale. To each their own friend!

He will then turn to Joe. Thank you,
as always, friend. Here. Why don't you take this for yourself tonight and get some sleep. I'll be keeping watch tonight.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#526 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Jaxsen and Farmer Joe approach Liam. "Liam, Joe mentioned something to me, and it got me to thinking. But it's not a subject I know well, and thought we should bring this to you." He gathers his thoughts for a moment and continues. "I think the reason the farms around here are doing so poorly is because we are trying to grow the wrong crops. We should be growing crops native to the island, not the plants they brought from the mainland. The island crops are already used to the soil, the weather, and even the insects. I think we need to start growing what the natives and the Phanaton are eating. What do you think?"
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#527 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Bluehorse wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:26 pm Liam laughs and takes back the pale. To each their own friend!

He will then turn to Joe. Thank you,
as always, friend. Here. Why don't you take this for yourself tonight and get some sleep. I'll be keeping watch tonight.
Sorry, I missed this response. :oops:

Joe takes the milk and hands it back over to Randall before he leaves.

"E's a great guy, but e's a bit slow on the uptake sometimes, if ya know what I mean."

He looks back to Liam and shakes his head.

"He already said the milk wernt for him, boss."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#528 Post by OGRE MAGE »

And in case you overlooked this one above due to my forgetfulness......

viewtopic.php?p=508627#p508627

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#529 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam

Listens to what Jaxsen and Joe have come up with and looks struck by the idea. Gentlemen, I believe you might well be onto something there... I'm not well learned on crops, I'm more of a livestock man... but that idea certainly has an undeniable logic to it.  I have seen a lot of bread fruit traded to us by the Phanatons of Snarku's tribe. I believe it grows up in the trees though.  I think communicating with them or the natives about what they cultivate for themselves would be the best plan of action I have heard in a long time.  I would be very interested in making this kind of a trip to learn more.  What say you?  We could present the idea to Lady Daisy and let her work out who should go.  I would recommend whoever we decide to go to, we would be wise to take something in trade.  The Natives and the Phanatons alike enjoy anything metal or mechanical. And it seems they respond best when presented with these things up front upon visiting.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#530 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I am hoping that the details of these trips materialize organically, but let me know if you need me to step in to help organize.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#532 Post by OGRE MAGE »

No problem, man.

I wasn't trying to rush anyone.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#533 Post by SirOwen »

I picked up the thread here and took it to "Everyday Life In Beachtown" to have Liam, Jax and Joe, find Daisy and seek to combine the two trips.
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#534 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Bluehorse wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:58 pm Liam

He allows Jaxsen to take the reigns on this one, happy to be second banana for a while.  He stands back to let he and Daisy speak and see what comes of it.  He also makes a mental note of asking Caleb if he would like to come along to see what the natives are growing and how, along with asking if there is anyone in particular he would recommend watching his animals while he was gone in trade for the eggs and milk from the animals.  OM, if possible, can we have this as a side thing either off camera or in the private forum for expediency?
We could do it here if you like?

Caleb agrees to go along to see what the natives are grouwing and how, but only if each of you promises to keep him safe.

He warns you all that he is a simple farmer with no weapons or fighting skills.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#536 Post by SirOwen »

Good catch, BH!

Jaxsen Reiter

Jaxsen responds to Farmer Joe, as well. "Joe, this trip is not without risks. Aside from the dangers of the jungle itself, these Dwarves have not proven to be friendly. We want to change that, but it could turn aggressive. And the natives are new to me. I cannot swear they would agree to tell us about the crops. So while it could be very profitable, it could also be dangerous."

Jaxsen stops suddenly. His brow furrows a bit and then he asks, "Wasn't there a Native man in town? Powstap? Was that his name? Maybe he could at least give us a few key words to get our message across?"
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#537 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Caleb nods at Liam but his expression turns to worry once Jaxsen warns the man of the many possible dangers.

"Well, maybe I should rethink my participation then. I am willing to learn about the new forms of crops, but not at the expense of losing my head over it."

"Yes, I met with Powstap for a short time, but we didnt discuss farming. I should have thought of that."
The human seems disappointed in his lack of judgment.

"I don't know if he is still around town anymore or not. He told me he was getting the feeling of being unwelcome by some of the people here, so I think he may have already gone back home."

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#538 Post by SirOwen »

Jaxsen Reiter

Jax looks at Joe and Caleb. "I completely understand if a long trip through a dangerous jungle has very little appeal," he says with a mild smile. "But you could still be of help for this. Could the two of you have a look through town and see if, indeed, Powstap is still around. If he has gone home, then there should be someone there who speaks our language. But if we take him along, we know there will be."
"There is no spoon."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#539 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam

To Joe and Caleb. All fair, and if you want to stay, I for one will not begrudge you at all.

Rather, what kinds of questions would you ask them, and I will ask in your stead and bring back the information you need.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#540 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Both men look at Liam with relief, exclaiming in unison.

“Okay, I’ll stay in town then!”

Caleb nods his head in thought. “I will think about some good questions and get back to you before you leave.”

Joe expresses his desire to stay back and care for the animals.

Return to “Big Shiny Island (1E Sandbox, with real sand)”