Part 13 - Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to town we go

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Part 13 - Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to town we go

#101 Post by greyarea »

Jaroo seems troubled by Zef's report, especially by the were-creatures. You say they were on the road twixt here and Nulb? This means they are not of the Temple, I think. Shadow creatures and bugbears make sense, within those realms.

I think the were-folk need more investigation. If you head that direction again, might you discover more? If you decide to do so, stop by the Grove before you leave: I will have something for you. Meanwhile, there are others I need to consult with.

############

Meanwhile, Calmert and Terjon are having a conversation when the doors are swung open. Terjon, there is much we need to discuss! demands the druid to the cleric. Terjon excuses himself to talk with Jaroo in his audience chamber. Calmert knows better than to follow, but he can hear hushed conversation from hall where he cleans and prays.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#102 Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:Meanwhile, Calmert and Terjon are having a conversation when the doors are swung open. Terjon, there is much we need to discuss! demands the druid to the cleric. Terjon excuses himself to talk with Jaroo in his audience chamber. Calmert knows better than to follow, but he can hear hushed conversation from hall where he cleans and prays.
You're absolutely right; the little Gnome knows better than to follow...

...but he does seem to clean and pray particularly close to the closed doors of the room the two men are talking! :lol:

A Hear-Noise roll, perhaps? :mrgreen:

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#103 Post by greyarea »

connivingsumo wrote:
Roll d6, please. :mrgreen:

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#104 Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:
connivingsumo wrote:
Roll d6, please. :mrgreen:
[1d6] = 3

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#105 Post by greyarea »

The clerics are animated and obviously in disagreement about something. Calmert can’t quite make it out but then the door opens with a slam and the Druid walks out in a huff.

...is spreading. I fear it will encroach here all too soon.

I cannot agree more, Jaroo, but we have our charges. And I tell you that band that Calmert has joined might do some good after all. But I cannot up and leave as I’d like. My penance.... oh, Calmert. I didn’t see you there.

Well, Terjon. You work your way and I will work mine. But I fear the worst. Shape changers are a menace.

Present company excluded, Jaroo?

Heh. Indeed. I am off. We will discuss more anon.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#106 Post by greyarea »

The Next Day

You all wake in the Inn of the Welcome Wench and warm your bellies with oatmeal with yummy things in it and warmed drinks. There is a definite nip in the air and you swear you saw a snowflake or two.

A note awaits Tavin from Burne, with his potions. It reads: Potions of questionable make: poor quality components. Should work much of the time as stated but might have unintended effects. Should not be poisonous unless you are allergic to alligator or hornet stings.

A note awaits Zef as well, attached to a scroll. It reads: Protection Vs Lycanthropes. You might find this useful if you go to Nulb. I trust that if you do not use it, you will return it to me next time you are in town. -j

Calmert walks in to the Inn and joins the others for breakfast.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Zef 18/18
--Calthas 18/18
Tavin 9/9 < CLW >
--Odo Bracegirdle 14/14
Calmert 14/14 <0/3/friends>
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >

Sean 10/19
Jupiter torch
Pete torch
Bob torch

OOC: I'll be out of town until next Wednesday. Please post by then. Let's see if we can kickstart this game.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#107 Post by connivingsumo »

Calmert: Cleric

The Gnome chimes upon entry, "I do love breakfast!" As he begins on his breakfast, he informs his companions of what transpired at the temple.

Available Spells
Level 1:
First Level
First Level
First Level
First Level
First Level

Level 2:
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level

Level 1: Cure Light Wounds (d6+1 hps), Detect Evil, Detect Magic, Light, Protection from Evil, Purify Food & Drink, Remove Fear, Resist Cold
Level 2: Bless (+1ToHit & Dmg, +1 morale ~ reversible), Find Traps, Hold Person, Know Alignment, Resist Fire, Silence 15', Snake Charm, Speak with Animals

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by Zhym »

Assuming Tavin briefs the others:

"So, the potions only might backfire?" asks Odo as he digs into breakfast. "Well, that is less than comforting. I suppose we could write 'use only in case of emergency' on each of them."

He leans back after finishing his breakfast. "So, what next, gents? Weren't we going to try to hire some people to look after the tower?"

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#109 Post by connivingsumo »

Zhym wrote:Assuming Tavin briefs the others:

"So, the potions only might backfire?" asks Odo as he digs into breakfast. "Well, that is less than comforting. I suppose we could write 'use only in case of emergency' on each of them."

He leans back after finishing his breakfast. "So, what next, gents? Weren't we going to try to hire some people to look after the tower?"
While scraping the untouched portions of his breakfast onto Odo's plate, Calmert confirms Odo's inquiry and looks to the rest of the party, "Yes, we were going to hire 'Tower-Guards.' Have you made any progress in that endeavor?"
Last edited by connivingsumo on Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Zhym »

Odo waves for the barkeep and hands him a silver piece. "Pardon me, good sir, but do you know where a person might hire some, er, well-armed caretakers for a property not far from here?"

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#111 Post by spanningtree »

Tavin - Monk

The potential side effect from quaffing one of the potions is bothersome... yes, reserve for an emergency.

Is it return to the temple or wander over to Nulb?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

merias
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#112 Post by merias »

"Jaroo was nice enough to loan me a ward against were-creatures, should we choose to go to Nulb and investigate further," Zef says, holding up the scroll.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#113 Post by greyarea »

Thurwin recalls from yesterday’s meeting that Burne and Rufus are very happy with their progress. He was told that while they could probably find “meat shields” at the Inn, good men at arms were hard to find. In fact, they were hiring themselves.

He also got a scroll with Detect Evil and Magic Missile on it “to use as a scroll or add to your book, your choice.” He was also complemented on his new grey attire.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#114 Post by badams30 »

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin thanks Burne and Rufus for the scroll, and heads out to meet the others. He is okay with going to Nulb as well. "A nasty place, for sure, but perhaps we can deal with this lycanthropy issue and get some hirelings. Between Calmert and I we can probably detect these peoples' motivations, so that may be of some help in selecting the right folks for the job. "We'd best be cautious flashing any wealth in that town though."

Thurwin is ready to head out whenever the rest of the party is.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#115 Post by spanningtree »

Tavin - Monk

Nulb it is.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#116 Post by badams30 »

QUICK QUESTION - does wolvesbane or some other substance afford us some protection from these creatures? Perhaps we should put together a quick strategy in dealing with them. A couple of bites and we could be that messed up party we rescued.

I'm thinking if some substance could offer some repellant, we get it. and then we just make a plan for what we do if we find these guys again.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#117 Post by greyarea »

So you’ve heard. Who knows what is true and what legend.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#118 Post by spanningtree »

OCC: Is there someone in town that "knows" about werewolves? We may have the drop on these guys, we healed them and chatted it up with them. They would probably trust us if we met them again.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#119 Post by greyarea »

The party heads to Nulb. It's evening when you get there.

You hate this town.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Zef 18/18
--Calthas 18/18
Tavin 9/9 < CLW >
--Odo Bracegirdle 14/14
Calmert 14/14 <0/3/friends>
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >

Sean 10/19
Jupiter torch
Pete torch