Part 13 - Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to town we go

merias
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Part 13 - Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to town we go

#121 Post by merias »

"Investigating these were-creatures. Perhaps we should start at the local tavern?" Zef says.

ooc: Zef has the protection scroll for emergency use against the werewolves, or whatever they are. Maybe we can throw some bribes around to get some info. I doubt anyone here will talk to us otherwise.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#122 Post by spanningtree »

Tavin - Monk

Agreed, the tavern it is... nothing good happens in this place.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#123 Post by greyarea »

The party heads to the Boatman's Tavern. This large old warehouse building houses a small tavern in a back corner. The remainder of the place is both a warehouse and general store. Various items of soft and hard goods are offered here, as well as general provisions and fresh seafood.

The place is nearly to it's 30 person capacity. You have to borrow some stools and chairs from nearby tables to find a place to sit, and the table you are at is too small for the group. Even then your hirelings have to stand.

Eventually (this place is not known for customer service) the barmaid comes forth to get your orders. She looks as rough and tumble as the bar itself.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Zef 18/18
--Calthas 18/18
Tavin 9/9 < CLW >
--Odo Bracegirdle 14/14
Calmert 14/14 <0/3/friends>
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >

Sean 10/19
Jupiter torch
Pete torch
Bob torch

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#124 Post by badams30 »

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin wrinkles his nose at the seedy establishment, and he surveys the occupants with thinly veiled disgust. He'll stand with the hirelings and he whispers to them "Look sharp, gents. Let's be careful in here, and let's not share too much info with these people, eh?"

Thurwin will produce 10GP(deducted) and buy drinks and food for the group. He's careful to not flash too much coin in here. If he needs more than 10GP, he'll discreetly pay the difference.

OOC: Question - did Morgan have any friends or associates in this town, or know of any persons who were good-aligned or supportive?

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#125 Post by spanningtree »

Tavin - Monk

Nodding at Thurwin in thanks for the expenditure he will engage the barmaid: What has been happening in Nulb as of late?

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#126 Post by greyarea »

The barmaid takes Thurwin's coin and brings back drinks for all.

She smiles at Tavin. Nulb is Nulb, sweetie. It's always the way. Folks have been staying in more at in the evenin' which suits me just fine. Seems they don't like goin' out at night so much. With the days getting shorter, means more business for us.

Thurwin thinks about what his brother told him about Nulb. He nearly spits out his mouthful of suds when he remembers Morgan's warnings about the ale they serve here at Boatman's Tavern, but gulps it down after recalling that the warning is that it hits harder than most ales he's had. Morgan also told him to seek out Mother Screng's Herb Shop for assistance if he was ever caught in Nulb.

A gruff man at the table next to you overhears and offers his advice after the barmaid has left. Like she said, 'ware after dark. (And it is deep dusk now, you note.) Been bad stuff after dark o' late. And not yer usual, "more folks getting rolled after a night in the tavern than on their way there" malarkey, but real bad stuff. Wild dogs or somethin' prowlin' 'bout. Lost my friend Gary to 'em just the other night, maybe a week or so ago. Found 'im eviscerated and by the looks on his face, seems he was alive when they started eatin' 'im. Good man, Gary, he concludes and drains his flagon. He appears to be trying to hold back tears.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Zef 18/18
--Calthas 18/18
Tavin 9/9 < CLW >
--Odo Bracegirdle 14/14
Calmert 14/14 <0/3/friends>
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >

Sean 10/19
Jupiter torch
Pete torch
Bob torch

merias
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#127 Post by merias »

"Any talk about where these dog-things come from?" Zef asks the man.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#128 Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:A gruff man at the table next to you overhears and offers his advice after the barmaid has left. Like she said, 'ware after dark. (And it is deep dusk now, you note.) Been bad stuff after dark o' late. And not yer usual, "more folks getting rolled after a night in the tavern than on their way there" malarkey, but real bad stuff. Wild dogs or somethin' prowlin' 'bout. Lost my friend Gary to 'em just the other night, maybe a week or so ago. Found 'im eviscerated and by the looks on his face, seems he was alive when they started eatin' 'im. Good man, Gary, he concludes and drains his flagon. He appears to be trying to hold back tears.
Calmert: Cleric

The Gnome thanks Thurwin for the ale, and sips it intensely whilst listening to the gruff man's story. Calmert fails to notice the foam dotting his nose and residing on his upper lip! [*slurp*]

Available Spells
Level 1:
First Level
First Level
First Level
First Level
First Level

Level 2:
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level

Level 1: Cure Light Wounds (d6+1 hps), Detect Evil, Detect Magic, Light, Protection from Evil, Purify Food & Drink, Remove Fear, Resist Cold
Level 2: Bless (+1ToHit & Dmg, +1 morale ~ reversible), Find Traps, Hold Person, Know Alignment, Resist Fire, Silence 15', Snake Charm, Speak with Animals

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#129 Post by badams30 »

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin listens intently at the man's story about the loss of his friend. He remains silent though. He hands the barmaid a gold and says "Miss, can you please tell me where I can find Mother Screng's Herb Shop?"

OOC: We probably need to find lodgings before dark. Not particularly anxious to go out and spar with bad guys right now.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#130 Post by spanningtree »

Tavin - Monk

Looks like we found the right place, troublesome.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#131 Post by greyarea »

The barmaid smiles and tossles Thurwin’s hair. She takes the gold and gives directions. I’m not sure she’s open past dark, she ends, nodding to the window. Seems night has fallen.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by Zhym »

Odo finishes his drink and stifles a belch. "Well, gents, shall we stay in here where it's warm and comfortable? Or is anyone keen to go back into that temple, or perchance investigate these wild dogs that have been causing trouble?"

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#133 Post by kwll »

"I will only be comfortable when this temple is emptied. I am for going back to there and hunt the horrors who dwell therein to the last!" says Calthas, ominous.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#134 Post by badams30 »

Thurwin - Wizard

Question: Do we have choices for accomodations in this town? I would like to visit this Mother Screng if we stay here, perhaps she could be a good resource for us.

merias
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#135 Post by merias »

merias wrote:"Any talk about where these dog-things come from?" Zef asks the man.
Did Zef get an answer from the man?

"I am for tracking down these were-creatures, if we can find where they live when in human form. Perhaps a bit more investigation is in order. But I will go back to the evil temple if it is what you all want to do," Zef says.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#136 Post by connivingsumo »

Calmert: Cleric

Calmert thinks for a minute... "Well... if the dog things are what we think they are, then they'll make more of them, which will be harder for us and bad for the region. Maybe we should start with them before they spread, and then we can go back to the temple? I don't want to leave the temple alone though because I want that area cleansed as well!"

Available Spells
Level 1:
First Level
First Level
First Level
First Level
First Level

Level 2:
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level

Level 1: Cure Light Wounds (d6+1 hps), Detect Evil, Detect Magic, Light, Protection from Evil, Purify Food & Drink, Remove Fear, Resist Cold
Level 2: Bless (+1ToHit & Dmg, +1 morale ~ reversible), Find Traps, Hold Person, Know Alignment, Resist Fire, Silence 15', Snake Charm, Speak with Animals

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#137 Post by kwll »

"Say we want to look for these "dog things". Where do you think we should go looking for them?" asks Calthas, not sure where to start himself.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#138 Post by badams30 »

kwll wrote:"Say we want to look for these "dog things". Where do you think we should go looking for them?" asks Calthas, not sure where to start himself.
OOC: Maybe we go back to where that attack was, and then try to see if we can find any sign of where they went. Alternately, we could just go camping and they prob would come to us...

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#139 Post by spanningtree »

OCC: yeah the camping thing would probably bring them

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#140 Post by kwll »

"Really? That's what you want to do? Camping in the forest? That's fine by me, let me just settle in a tree instead of playing the bait..." says Calthas, in disbelief.

Return to “Enter the World of Greyhawk (LL/AEC)”