Part 13 - Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to town we go

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Part 13 - Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to town we go

#81 Post by badams30 »

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin plops 40 platinum (deducted) on the counter and says "We need rooms, some nice hot bathwater, and how about some food and drink for my companions and I, and while you're at it, a round for the house. Keep it coming, my good man."

Uncharacteristically, Thurwin will spend his evening looking to relieve his troubled psyche with moderate booze, women, and telling some tales of vanquishing evil to those who will listen.

OOC: Thurwin plans to live it up tonight, then buy some equipment and visit Burne and Rufus tomorrow.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#82 Post by spanningtree »

Tavin - Monk

Tavin nods at Thruwin: Strong medicine to scrub some of the memories and images from your brain.

Tavin will find a quite corner, sit down with has back to the corner and just relax. Something he has not done in a while.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#83 Post by kwll »

Calthas will imitate Turwin for now, having his thoughts still troubled by the last events.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#84 Post by greyarea »

Folk gather round Thurwin, with the round for the house greasing the wheels.

The evening goes long, rain finally quitting late into the night. Drunken locals stumble home in the muddy roads and you head to bed.

The morning comes early and the day is bright, tho cold. The front that brought in the storm brought in a chill. Even the roaring fire in the common room doesn't help too much, although the hot sausages and gruel you are served help warm the innards.

##########

Calmert and Terjon also stay late in the evening. They are in the lower area, with the infected men in cells. Each are taken out one at a time and Terjon starts the Ritual of True Cleansing, which Calmert has seen work on those with leprosy and soldiers with "social diseases" but never with were-beasts before.

They head to their beds late and Calmert wakes early, easily falling into his old routine of making breakfast and tidying up the church. Terjon invites him to meet the men below, who are still weak but are doing much better. Fevers have broken and the men eat. One asks Calmert if he knows of the fate of their wagon, which he says carried their worldly possessions as they tried to move to a Hommlet, seeking work building a stronghold.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Zef 18/18
--Calthas 18/18
Tavin 9/9 < CLW >
--Odo Bracegirdle 14/14
Calmert 14/14 <0/3/friends>
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >
Bror Troll-Hunter 9/12

Sean 8/19
Jupiter torch
Pete torch
Bob torch

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#85 Post by badams30 »

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin will make the trip to see Burne and Rufus to update them on our progress, including this latest lycanthrope report, and the great bugbear kill-off festival.

He'll also make time to find a tailor or someplace where he can purchase some new black robes and a black cloak.

OOC: If Thurwin gets word of the inquiries of the injured as to the location of their wagon, Thurwin might suggest gathering a few people to go retrieve what we can, and who knows? Might catch up with those dirty werewolf types.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#86 Post by spanningtree »

Tavin - Monk

Tavin will make his way back to the temple to look in on the wounded.

OCC: Any chance he healed that last HP over night?

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#87 Post by greyarea »

spanningtree wrote:
He would have but he was carousing so much that he doesn't remember how but his shoulder is killing him.

Just kidding, adjusting the stats
:)

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#88 Post by connivingsumo »

Calmert: Cleric
greyarea wrote:"[...]One asks Calmert if he knows of the fate of their wagon, which he says carried their worldly possessions as they tried to move to a Hommlet, seeking work building a stronghold."
Calmert listens intently to the man's question and tries to hide his knowledge of the cart's fate. "What was the cart's entire value?" he asks the man.
greyarea wrote:
spanningtree wrote:
He would have but he was carousing so much that he doesn't remember how but his shoulder is killing him.

Just kidding, adjusting the stats
:)
:lol: :lol: You got me - I thought that was your answer at first. Too funny! :lol: :lol:

Available Spells
Level 1:
First Level
First Level
First Level
First Level
First Level

Level 2:
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level

Level 1: Cure Light Wounds (d6+1 hps), Detect Evil, Detect Magic, Light, Protection from Evil, Purify Food & Drink, Remove Fear, Resist Cold
Level 2: Bless (+1ToHit & Dmg, +1 morale ~ reversible), Find Traps, Hold Person, Know Alignment, Resist Fire, Silence 15', Snake Charm, Speak with Animals

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#89 Post by greyarea »

The man shakes his head and looks at Calmert through bloodshot eyes. How do you put a value on your life's possessions? It's mainly tools and clothing, but the locket with my wife's hair? No merchant can put a price on that. My daughter's pressed flower? Not even your god can replace that.

#######

Meanwhile....
Thurwin stops by the tailor. He has a dark cloak (5sp) but it is very scratchy, and may as well be sackcloth. That "white" cloak of yours may as well be grey with all of the grime and mud on it. I doubt it will ever be white again, it is so stained, the man comments as Thurwin searches.

Who is is accompanying Thurwin to see good old Burne and Rufus?

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#90 Post by kwll »

greyarea wrote:Who is is accompanying Thurwin to see good old Burne and Rufus?
Calthas will go.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#91 Post by badams30 »

greyarea wrote:The man shakes his head and looks at Calmert through bloodshot eyes. How do you put a value on your life's possessions? It's mainly tools and clothing, but the locket with my wife's hair? No merchant can put a price on that. My daughter's pressed flower? Not even your god can replace that.

#######

Meanwhile....
Thurwin stops by the tailor. He has a dark cloak (5sp) but it is very scratchy, and may as well be sackcloth. That "white" cloak of yours may as well be grey with all of the grime and mud on it. I doubt it will ever be white again, it is so stained, the man comments as Thurwin searches.

Who is is accompanying Thurwin to see good old Burne and Rufus?
Thurwin surveys his old cloak and shrugs. "It'll do for now. In the meantime, I'd like you to obtain some more suitable fabric and make me a black cloak and hooded robe, if you would. Here's 25GP, it doesn't need to be fancy, but some internal pockets and durable, and please - not scratchy. When do you think you can have it done? If the cost is an issue, I can pay more." He drops 25 GP (deducted) on the table.

He scowls at the stains on his cloak, which he turns inside out so the gray is now the exterior color and he says quietly "seems more suitable, I suppose." Then he'll walk with Calthas to see the mage and warrior.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#92 Post by connivingsumo »

Calmert: Cleric
greyarea wrote:The man shakes his head and looks at Calmert through bloodshot eyes. How do you put a value on your life's possessions? It's mainly tools and clothing, but the locket with my wife's hair? No merchant can put a price on that. My daughter's pressed flower? Not even your god can replace that.
The Gnome walks out of the man's sight, and returns a moment later. "St. Cuthbert can replace your locket, and your daughters flower, but that is between you and him. Until then, buy your tools and new clothing. Make your fresh start. You were coming here for a new start and that we must see through to fruition." Calmert then hands the man a small sack of 100 gold coins. 100 gold deducted from Character Sheet.

The Cleric then leaves without a word, and donates payment to the temple, and then prays for the rest of the day only stopping to provide service to patrons and the Head Master. Another 100 gold deducted from Character Sheet.

Available Spells
Level 1:
First Level
First Level
First Level
First Level
First Level

Level 2:
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level

Level 1: Cure Light Wounds (d6+1 hps), Detect Evil, Detect Magic, Light, Protection from Evil, Purify Food & Drink, Remove Fear, Resist Cold
Level 2: Bless (+1ToHit & Dmg, +1 morale ~ reversible), Find Traps, Hold Person, Know Alignment, Resist Fire, Silence 15', Snake Charm, Speak with Animals

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#93 Post by spanningtree »

OCC: Are there any options for Tavin to have the potions he purchased identified?

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#94 Post by greyarea »

spanningtree wrote:OCC: Are there any options for Tavin to have the potions he purchased identified?
Burne is the only real mage in town. You can ask him.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#95 Post by spanningtree »

Tavin - Monk

Tavin will make his way to Burne's abode, if he is home he will strike up a conversation. We were in the forest, on the way to the temple, when we came across this gent with a bodyguard and a wagon. He was selling potions. Several in the group bought his wares but upon use a draught was found to be poison. Now that I hear myself recite the story I think I can say, without a doubt, that we were idiots. Do you think it might be worth paying for your inspection of my remaining potions?

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#96 Post by greyarea »

Burne and Rufus greet you warmly. Nice to see you again my adventuring friends. There are far fewer of you then in the past. Not due to attrition, I hope, Rufus says, looking at Thurwin, Calthas, and Tavin.

Burne listens to Tavin's story. Ahh, yes, the old "travelling potionmaster" trick. Let me take a look at what you have. He regards one of the bottles Tavin hands him. I shall examine these and let you know in the morning what I discover.

########

Meanwhile, Calmert prays in the church. Terjon is obviously happy to have him back, and is uncharacteristically warm to the young gnome. When others come in, Terjon's gruff and stern demeanor returns, oftentimes scolding villagers harshly to Calmert's eyes. However, he lights up whenever he can get Calmert to relay some of his adventures. He seems perturbed that his own adventuring career was cut short when Canoness Y'dey was suddenly asked away.

########

Meanwhile, the rest of the party rests in the Inn of the Welcome Wench. Ostler the Innkeeper is interested in their adventures and keeps them well fed and well drunk. When asked about hiring guards, he says that he thinks all the guards were hired by Burne and Rufus. Heck, hiring Bob, Pete, and Jupiter near cleaned out the town of day workers. He suggests Nulb might be a good place to find hired swords but to be careful to pay after the day's labor: Advanced wages make for worthless workers in that town, he says.

Jaroo Ashstaff, the town druid, comes seeking Zef, wondering if the Ranger has anything to report on the activities at the Temple.

Bror Trollhunter takes his leave of the party. Thanks for rescuing me and all, but I've had it with that dank place. If I'm gonna be underground it will be in a well built, dwarven citadel, not some crazy torturer's evil abode.

I need to go find me some steady work. Steady pay, not this adventuring stuff.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Zef 18/18
--Calthas 18/18
Tavin 9/9 < CLW >
--Odo Bracegirdle 14/14
Calmert 14/14 <0/3/friends>
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >

Sean 8/19
Jupiter torch
Pete torch
Bob torch

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#97 Post by badams30 »

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin will quickly bring the duo up to speed on what's been going on, including the potential were-critter issue just outside of town.
He had previously purchased some spells from the mage, he'll politely inquire if he has any more for sale, or anything that may be of assistance. He'll also ask B&R if they happen to know of any potential hirelings or source of meatshields....

OOC: While I'm a bit skeptical of Nulb, we could try to find someone decent (with the help of a know alignment spell)

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#98 Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:Thurwin - WizardOOC: While I'm a bit skeptical of Nulb, we could try to find someone decent (with the help of a know alignment spell)
Though Calmert isn't present, I think Thurwin knows him well enough to know Calmert would be willing to participate in such "interviews."

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#99 Post by spanningtree »

Tavin - Monk

Tavin thanks Burne after being embarrassed regarding the situation. Yes, we should have thought that through a bit more. A seller with an established business in a town would have been a better path to take.

With the party back at the Inn: Maybe place these folks from Nulb in the front... I do not want any of them behind me in a bad situation.

merias
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#100 Post by merias »

Zef greets Jaroo and reports on the shadow creature in the tower, as well as the bugbear infestation in the dungeons, and finally the were-creatures. "Perhaps you have information on the latter?" he asks the Druid.

Return to “Enter the World of Greyhawk (LL/AEC)”