Part 13 - Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to town we go

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Part 13 - Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to town we go

#61 Post by connivingsumo »

Calmert: Cleric

Calmert looks at his group with a bit of astonishment, "So you all think the men we past were Werewolves, and these folks were bit by them, but you all want to gather them up and haul them into town where they can turn and feed and spread. Do I understand correctly?"

Available Spells
Level 1:
First Level Healed some guy on the road ~ 7/28.
First Level Healed some guy on the road that got wolf-munched ~ 8/6.
First Level

Level 2:
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level

Level 1: Cure Light Wounds (d6+1 hps), Detect Evil, Detect Magic, Light, Protection from Evil, Purify Food & Drink, Remove Fear, Resist Cold
Level 2: Bless (+1ToHit & Dmg, +1 morale ~ reversible), Find Traps, Hold Person, Know Alignment, Resist Fire, Silence 15', Snake Charm, Speak with Animals

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#62 Post by spanningtree »

Tavin - Monk

Their injuries are recent, I am hoping the temple priests in town can help them. if they can't we put them down there. What is our alternative? If we leave them here and they turn, they will become part of a growing problem that we will likely have to deal with in the near future. I don't think I can execute the other option, putting them down now without trying to save them. Do you have another idea?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#63 Post by connivingsumo »

Calmert looks at Tavin, "I understand what you're saying, but we'd be bringing them into the heart of Terjon and the innocent people there. At least out here they're out here, but if we bring them into town it's that much easier for them. The Gnome thinks for a moment, "I will stay here and keep an eye on them. I can erect a make-shift shelter and tend to them while someone gets a Master from the Temple and convinces them to come here?

Available Spells
Level 1:
First Level

Level 2:
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level

Level 1: Cure Light Wounds (d6+1 hps), Detect Evil, Detect Magic, Light, Protection from Evil, Purify Food & Drink, Remove Fear, Resist Cold
Level 2: Bless (+1ToHit & Dmg, +1 morale ~ reversible), Find Traps, Hold Person, Know Alignment, Resist Fire, Silence 15', Snake Charm, Speak with Animals

merias
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#64 Post by merias »

"As much as I want to track the creatures, Tavin is right. Let's not split up. At least together we can stay with and guard the victims - I don't think they will turn right away, and we can get them help tonight in town, in but a few hours," Zef says. "And who knows, maybe more information will be forthcoming in town about the perpetrators."

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#65 Post by connivingsumo »

Calmert agrees and helps the injured travel with us best he can.

Available Spells
Level 1:
First Level

Level 2:
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#66 Post by kwll »

"For what it's worth," says Calthas, ominous, "it would not be a problem for me if we have to put down these people. I have dealt with werewolves before, and that is not something I would like to repeat. Neither would you, if you had gone through what I have. What has to be done has to be done."
Last edited by kwll on Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#67 Post by badams30 »

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin makes a pained expression and says "Let's get moving, I don't want to think of what could happen to these poor folks if they turn, but I'd want someone to help me if I was in a similar situation. We can do it! Let's go!"

Thurwin will help the hirelings to make litters and assist in carrying/helping the wounded.

OOC: Thurwin is all about helping, but let's also keep an eye on these guys - if they look like they are turning, we need to take action.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#68 Post by greyarea »

The party assists the wounded, feverish men to the village of Hommlet. The village is quiet on this rainy eve, and it is getting chillier. The men you rescued shiver with chill and fever.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Zef 18/18
--Calthas 18/18
Tavin 8/9 < CLW >
--Odo Bracegirdle 14/14
Calmert 14/14 <0/3/friends>
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >
Bror Troll-Hunter 8/12

Sean 7/19
Jupiter torch
Pete torch
Bob torch

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#69 Post by spanningtree »

Tavin - Monk

OCC: Assuming we are near/at the church.

Tavin will approach the church doors and rap as loud as he can.

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#70 Post by kwll »

Calthas stays near the wounded once they have arrived in town, but at a distance. His bow is ready at all times.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#71 Post by greyarea »

The party trudges through the muddy streets, rain still falling prodigiously.

Tavin knocks hard on the church doors. Then again. Then again.

Finally, the party hears from within Hold your horses, I'm coming. Terjon opens the great doors, a bib around his neck and part of his meal still on his lips. Not looking at you, opens the door wide bidding you enter with his hand. I'm sorry, my assistant Calmert ran off to adventure. It takes me a while to get to the door sometimes. Candles flicker as wind from outside invade the large space.

As you enter the hall, Terjon looks up and sees his gnomish associate. Calmert, my son. How are you? What news do you bring? Have you vanquished the Temple of Evil?

Actions?

Zef 18/18
--Calthas 18/18
Tavin 8/9 < CLW >
--Odo Bracegirdle 14/14
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >
Bror Troll-Hunter 8/12

Sean 7/19
Jupiter torch
Pete torch
Bob torch

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#72 Post by spanningtree »

Tavin - Monk

We have a situation involving some werewolves, potentially. I'll let Calmert recount the situation.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#73 Post by badams30 »

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin waves meekly at Terjon. "Hello, your holiness." He hopes that his frequent donations to the church help Terjon overlook our intrusion...

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#74 Post by connivingsumo »

Calmert bows, "Elder Terjon, we have made great progress in that vile temple. I am afraid there are - maybe - more immediate matters." he says respectfully as he offers a grim glance to their battered delivery. The Gnome then hastily, but completely, explains all the details to Terjon looking to his companions to make sure he left out not the slightest detail.

Available Spells
Level 1:
First Level

Level 2:
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#75 Post by greyarea »

Terjon invites all in with a wave of his hand. You can hear the storm rage outside, and it is cold and droughty here, but at least you are out of the rain. He brings you through the hall and processional to the audience chamber, passing by a door draped in green velvet. There is a hard bench, a fireplace (giving some warmth and helping a bit with the damp), and a table with scrolls and volumes on it. A casual glance shows them to be religious tracts of various sorts, perhaps for church instruction.

Of course, all of this is old hat to Calmert, who has spent many a day here, helping and cleaning. He notes dust bunnies and unkempt things that he would have taken care of in his day job, now neglected as he has been off adventuring.

The head cleric checks the ill men. St. Cuthbert can cure their disease, and I am his servant. I suppose I will not be getting to bed early tonight. Calmert, please take them to the cells below. I will look in on them later.

You suspect lycanthropy, you say? That is quite serious indeed. I can also cure the gentlemen who did this, if you are able to subdue and bring them in. Perhaps even turn them from their evil ways, if they allow St. Cuthbert in their hearts.

Actions?

Zef 18/18
--Calthas 18/18
Tavin 8/9 < CLW >
--Odo Bracegirdle 14/14
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >
Bror Troll-Hunter 8/12

Sean 7/19
Jupiter torch
Pete torch
Bob torch

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#76 Post by badams30 »

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin glances sideways at the others as Terjon suggests bringing the lycanthropes in, and he deflects saying "Do you require some help with these men? Is there anything we can do?"

OOC: Thurwin is fine with staying here tonight if Terjon needs assistance with these guys. If not, I suppose its to the inn for a meal and a rest...

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#77 Post by spanningtree »

Tavin - Monk

Hmmm... I think we might need to discuss our next steps as a group. May we check in with you in the morn?

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#78 Post by connivingsumo »

Calmert offers to stay the night there and help, even if it's just to dust, sweep, and do some cleaning. If rebuffed, however, he will follow his companions to the inn.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#79 Post by greyarea »

Terjon accepts the gnome’s assistance. It will be good to have you back, even for a day or two. You can assist with the rite and perhaps even learn a thing or two, he tells Calmert. Your old cell is still as you left it and I’d just drawn a hot bath. Feel free to use that.

I am excited to hear of your adventures.

The rest of the party goes to the Wench. The owner laughs when you enter. Stoke the fire, we’ve got us some drenched ones. He draws some hot, mulled wine for all of you. Grab a seat and drink up to warm your bones. We’ll get you some stew and bread and you can show us your earnings from the caverns or dungeons or wherever you have been adventurous. Ale and water will be up soon, hot wine first!

Actions?

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#80 Post by connivingsumo »

Calmert takes Terjon up on his offer and takes a fresh, hot bath. Afterwards he has a snack, and then starts to perform rites, dust, and tidy up. Then turns in for the night in his cell... after giving it a thorough examination, since he's been gone.

Return to “Enter the World of Greyhawk (LL/AEC)”