OOC I

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC I

#201 Post by Rex »

Stuff happens, no worry. I have lots to catch up on but will keep an eye on when he is back up.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#202 Post by dmw71 »

BearSiren817 wrote:Insight:
[1d20+4] = 1+4 = 5

“You a good friend, Wash. I feel like I can trust you with my life.”
This is great! :lol:
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#203 Post by dmw71 »

ravenn4544 wrote:...and squints at the figure to see what is exactly sitting before them.
Can you make an Intelligence (Investigation) check for me?
-- Project --
-- DM --

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#204 Post by ravenn4544 »

What can I say, he's critically stupid!

Int (8) [1d20-1] = 20-1 = 19

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#205 Post by dmw71 »

ravenn4544 wrote:What can I say, he's critically stupid!

Int (8) [1d20-1] = 20-1 = 19
Lol :lol:

Nice.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#206 Post by dmw71 »

OGRE MAGE wrote:...The mini-giant looks around the group to see who carries the stuffed toy known as Mr. Squeaks, thinking the sobbing woman might need a good memory and a familiar voice right now.

She begins to slowly advance unless stopped by her friends.
Can you make a DC 13 Charisma (Persuasion or Deception) check for me, with Advantage?
-- Project --
-- DM --

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#207 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Persuasion Check w/ Advantage [1d20] = 12 [1d20] = 9

Have I made one successful roll in this game yet? :lol:

I didn't add any +/- because I couldn't remember if the rat pox has affected any more of her attributes. (sorry, I cant access her sheet from work for some reason)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#208 Post by dmw71 »

OGRE MAGE wrote:Have I made one successful roll in this game yet?
Oh, jeez. :lol:

I was actually in the middle of working on the next update (I forgot you were out of the country, so I was going to either roll for you, or simply assume you were successful). Thankfully, it turns out you do have a +2 on your Persuasion check, so you were (barely!) successful.
-- Project --
-- DM --

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#209 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Woo-Hoo!!!!! :mrgreen:

BearSiren817
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#210 Post by BearSiren817 »

All yours Louchi. But Azalea makes a mental note to maybe expect some friendly rat swarms.
Azalea, 1st level Rogue, Dave’s Urban Campaign

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#211 Post by Scott308 »

Love the Cloak of Billowing! Some of the common magic items are pretty lame, but this one is kind of fun.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#212 Post by ravenn4544 »

Thanks for making rolls for Garl. He must have still been trying to figure out who is who! :)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#213 Post by dmw71 »

You guys are sooooo close to finishing this! (Well, technically, you guys did (e.g. solved who's behind the rat pox and discovered the antidote), these slavers are an optional side quest at the end).

Given this, I will do my best to stay on top of updates, but there is a chance my responsiveness will be a bit spotty until this time next week since I am off on vacation tomorrow and Friday, leading into the weekend is always quieter, then Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are Monday and Tuesday of next week.
-- Project --
-- DM --

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#214 Post by ravenn4544 »

Take your time - enjoy the holiday!

And when you say 'finished' would we continue on another chapter, so to speak? I, for one, would love to keep going if we could to get more familiar w/ 5e. At whatever pace :)

Thanks!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#215 Post by Rex »

Enjoy the holiday! My anniversary is Friday followed by the holidays so I may not be posting as much over the next few days as well.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#216 Post by dmw71 »

ravenn4544 wrote:And when you say 'finished' would we continue on another chapter, so to speak? I, for one, would love to keep going if we could to get more familiar w/ 5e.
I've been contemplating the 'what next' question for some time now.

I even briefly contemplated going back to my roots and running a 1e game, but, in truth, all that managed to do was reinforce my preference for 5e. I think it's safe to say, from this point forward, especially when it comes to my involvement as a DM, I am committed to running 5e.

But not continuing this particular adventure. I'm sorry.

I started the planning for my next tentative game about ten days ago. This next adventure I'm preparing kind of gets panned, and will require a lot of work, but that's actually part of what draws me to it -- the challenge of reworking it.

That, I'm afraid, will take some time. The time that I have been spending running this game will soon shift to that end. My other 5e game, while they still have a bit to go, also isn't too far from the end.

Hopefully, by the time my other game ends, this next game I'm planning will be ready to roll.

We'll see.

I think it's great that there are players interested in 5e! I'm happy to run it. The only potential "problem" I see is that adventures are designed to be run with four (or five) characters. On the chance there are more players interested than there are slots in this main campaign I'm planning, I will also plan some more one-off adventures for a second group. Or maybe run the same game twice, with different groups?

But, you can fully expect for there to be more 5e games being started in the near future.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#217 Post by dmw71 »

Rex wrote:Enjoy the holiday! My anniversary is Friday followed by the holidays so I may not be posting as much over the next few days as well.
Happy anniversary (tomorrow), man.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#218 Post by Rex »

Thanks Dave and I will be interested in another game when the time comes.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#219 Post by Scott308 »

Hmm. I don't know which adventure you are planning on running, but AL modules all have guidance to adjust based on number of players and levels, from 3-7 players and any combination of levels as long as it is within the tier.

Now, if it's a hardcover, I'm not as familiar with them, but AL allows up to 7 characters and all the HCs are AL legal so can be run with that many. If you are running something that is NOT AL legal, then I've got nothing.

Either way, I'm likely going to be interested unless it's something I've already played.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

BearSiren817
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#220 Post by BearSiren817 »

I’d definitely be interested! I’m a little self-conscious on my writing abilities (former math/science A+ student and have my Masters in Accounting) so the completely story based/rpging online stuff is waaaay out of my comfort zone. I love 5e! Mainly, because that’s all I know but the white box is part of my dowry if any of ya fellas are single and not celebrating anniversaries ;)

Anyways, off to St. Louis to celebrate the holiday at my sisters.

Hope everyone safe travels and a wonderful Christmas (if that’s your thing). I will check Incase of an update.
Azalea, 1st level Rogue, Dave’s Urban Campaign

Return to “Dave's 5e Urban Investigation”