004 - Sheddezar

ffilz
ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

004 - Sheddezar

#1 Post by ffilz »

The Maize Star lands at Sheddezar star port and is shuttled to a parking bay. Andy will start to crawl all over the ship inside and out looking for damage from the misjump.

The star port is up on a mountain to keep it out of the worst of the environment. Down at lower elevations the atmosphere is thick and temperatures are extremely hot.

An Air/Raft pulls up and several people disembark. Apparently there's a customs officer of trade, an immigration officer, a customs officer for personal articles (note the Law Level 9) and stacks of forms to fill out (in triplicate). A star port representative offers the limited services of a Class-D starport.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 004 - Sheddezar

#2 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:The Maize Star lands at Sheddezar star port and is shuttled to a parking bay. Andy will start to crawl all over the ship inside and out looking for damage from the misjump.

The star port is up on a mountain to keep it out of the worst of the environment. Down at lower elevations the atmosphere is thick and temperatures are extremely hot.

An Air/Raft pulls up and several people disembark. Apparently there's a customs officer of trade, an immigration officer, a customs officer for personal articles (note the Law Level 9) and stacks of forms to fill out (in triplicate). A star port representative offers the limited services of a Class-D starport.
Vee attends to the passengers, and coordinates with the local officials as needed.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote:The Maize Star lands at Sheddezar star port and is shuttled to a parking bay. Andy will start to crawl all over the ship inside and out looking for damage from the misjump.

Vee attends to the passengers, and coordinates with the local officials as needed.
The process is somewhat annoying, but nothing Vee has not encountered before.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by joertexas »

Ramona wrote:Ana frowns as she looks across the field, the atmosphere is still heavy and opressive even at this altitude. She pulls out her pad and starts looking for a brokerage to see if there’s much of a market for their cargo here.
Vee finds Anna after seeing off the last of their departing passengers. "I don't suppose you've found who we contact here for supplies?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by Ramona »

joertexas wrote:
Ramona wrote:Ana frowns as she looks across the field, the atmosphere is still heavy and opressive even at this altitude. She pulls out her pad and starts looking for a brokerage to see if there’s much of a market for their cargo here.
Vee finds Anna after seeing off the last of their departing passengers. "I don't suppose you've found who we contact here for supplies?"
Ramona puts her tablet down and looks up at Vee, “I used to know a guy, I heard a rumor he might have retired here.” She shrugs, “Bit of a longshot, he probably won’t remember me, it’s worth a try.”

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by ffilz »

My description above was a bit off, and also, Sara had been given a rumor about Shedezar, so here is some updated information:

D589799-7 Rich
Smaller world, dense atmosphere, water world. Population 55 million, Impersonal Bureaucracy. Ruling functions are performed by agencies which
have become insulated from the governed citizens. Extreme law level (9 - Possession of any weapon outside of one's home is prohibited.). Tech level comparable to modern day Earth.

The star port is up on a mountain on the largest island to keep it out of the worst of the environment. Down at sea level the atmosphere is thick and temperatures are extremely hot. It’s not really clear where the sea stops and the atmosphere starts.

On Sheddezar, where it sometimes is hard to tell the difference between the ocean and the atmosphere, divers seek out strange crystals in underwater caves. A fellow Scout whispers to Sara that some think the crystals may unlock psionic potential, and as such, might be of interest to the Fizzer corporation at Ludgates, but don't let the locals know that, they are raging anti-psi. He also mentions that there might be some shipping crates of diving gear abandoned at the star port warehouse.

Shedezar has a gas giant mine that is largely run by robots and a small anti-social human administration.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#7 Post by Ramona »

Did Sara hear if anyone was actively collecting the crystals? Ana’s a ground pounder not a squiddy. Is there anything the planet’s know for in the way of materials or perishables?

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by ffilz »

Eris wrote:Wen posts the ship's arrival and the freight they are delivering here on the local network as the ship nears Sheddezar. He'll be fielding replies from the contracted cargo's owners and coordinating off loading and delivery to the owners.

He'll also contact the Starport Office and ask about local rules concerning delivering freight here. He'll want to learn if he has to hire local stevedores and at what rate, and what fees are required.

Once the ship has landed he'll greet the local Port officials signing forms and paying landing and other fees as required. Wen keeps it professional, as he has done this sort of thing many times before, but he is also feeling out the locals to see how they handle things on Sheddezar.

OOC: Sorry to be AWOL. I'll try to do better from now on.

Eris
I'll address the ship stuff tomorrow (running off the end of my clock tonight...).

We missed you, glad you're back. In the meantime, we have several new players. I may spin off a separate group, or maybe they will book passage with you or something...

Check out the chargen thread and the Google Doc to see who is new.

Frank

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:Wen wants to get all this business out of the way ASAP. Then he and the crew can spend a couple of days looking around Shedezar before lifting out.
Vee steps up beside him. "Captain, I'm going to arrange for fresh stores and life support supplies. I think we're stuck with unrefined fuel, though."

JR
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:Wen wants to get all this business out of the way ASAP. Then he and the crew can spend a couple of days looking around Shedezar before lifting out.
Vee steps up beside him. "Captain, I'm going to arrange for fresh stores and life support supplies. I think we're stuck with unrefined fuel, though."

JR
"Probably." Wen says, "It's not going to be available here at this starport and there aren't any bases here we can try to get it from. You know, I bet you could make good money selling refined fuel at a premium price on worlds like this one. It would have to be imported from Class A or B ports, but there are B ports on either side of Shedezar. Buy refined fuel at 500 cr a ton, ship it here and sell it for 2,000 cr a ton. It might be worth it to pay that much for the safety refined fuel gives you. Not that we could do it and not that anyone has, so thinking about it isn't going to help us on that score is it?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#11 Post by lenusmars »

Sara comes back after a little recon just around the port itself, looking for local maps and maybe a conversation or two.

"Anyone feel like diving? If I'm going to suffer in a gravity well at least floating would be good."
Last edited by lenusmars on Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#12 Post by Keven »

Ramona wrote:Can the ship refine? Or was that a later addition.
The 1981 Edition. Dammit.

Buzz chills out at a cafe near the port, watches the lone merchie ship come in, idly wonders whether that's the one that will get him OFF this damned excuse for a planet.
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Buzz chills out at a cafe near the port, watches the lone merchie ship come in, idly wonders whether that's the one that will get him OFF this damned excuse for a planet.
AS he watches, a tall, blonde, dark-skinned woman with a tablet in hand directs the arriving passengers. She moves easily among them, and soon has them on their way to the arrival terminal.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Piper
Tracker
Tracker

#14 Post by Piper »

Greene attempts to book working passage. Anywhere is fine. He grins, I was born under a wandering star, blessed by St. Elmo himself!
Red 5, Standing ... Hey! Is That A Banana?

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#15 Post by Ramona »

lenusmars wrote:Image
Sara comes back after a little recon just around the port itself, looking for local maps and maybe a conversation or two.

"Anyone feel like diving? If I'm going to suffer in a gravity well at least floating would be good."
“Diving?” Ana asks raising an eyebrow, “You want to go diving? For fun? Aren’t you worried about, I don’t know something horrible with tentacles and sharp teeth in the water?”

Ana grins, “My homeworld was a wasteland, what little fresh water there was we fought over. I remember when I was 18 and I finally left that sunbaked dirt-ball I swore I would swim in an ocean, took me 20 years but sure, count me in.”

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#16 Post by lenusmars »

Ramona wrote: “Diving?” Ana asks raising an eyebrow, “You want to go diving? For fun? Aren’t you worried about, I don’t know something horrible with tentacles and sharp teeth in the water?”

Ana grins, “My homeworld was a wasteland, what little fresh water there was we fought over. I remember when I was 18 and I finally left that sunbaked dirt-ball I swore I would swim in an ocean, took me 20 years but sure, count me in.”
As usual, Ana smiling does interesting things to Sara's insides. But Sara also shakes her head internally, amazed at the description of Ana's homeworld. Sounds liked a hard life.

Sara grins back "Great! Not a lot of water for me either, growing up on an orbital... strict rationing all the way, so I love getting into it when I get the chance. And where's the fun in diving when there aren't tentacles and teeth? Really though, as well as fun, I was hoping to see about these crystals. They sound interesting."

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#17 Post by Ramona »

lenusmars wrote:Image
Ramona wrote: “Diving?” Ana asks raising an eyebrow, “You want to go diving? For fun? Aren’t you worried about, I don’t know something horrible with tentacles and sharp teeth in the water?”

As usual, Ana smiling does interesting things to Sara's insides. But Sara also shakes her head internally, amazed at the description of Ana's homeworld. Sounds liked a hard life.

Sara grins back "Great! Not a lot of water for me either, growing up on an orbital... strict rationing all the way, so I love getting into it when I get the chance. And where's the fun in diving when there aren't tentacles and teeth? Really though, as well as fun, I was hoping to see about these crystals. They sound interesting."
“Oh I see now,” Ana says with an easy smile, “it’s the magic healing crystals. Did you find a dive master to hold our hands or should we start making calls?”

The tall woman frowns as she thinks a moment, ”Might want to find a swim shop too, I’d rather not get eaten by the toothy tentacle beast in my underwear.”

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#18 Post by lenusmars »

Ramona wrote:
lenusmars wrote:

“Oh I see now,” Ana says with an easy smile, “it’s the magic healing crystals. Did you find a dive master to hold our hands or should we start making calls?”

The tall woman frowns as she thinks a moment, ”Might want to find a swim shop too, I’d rather not get eaten by the toothy tentacle beast in my underwear.”
Sara shrugs, determinedly brushing off the notion of Ana's underwear, hoping her slight fluster doesn't show. "Oh I know some diving, It's part of Planetary Survival Training. They really try to make sure you know how to survive...well, everything." There is a reason, after all, that the mortality rates for Scout service are so high. "But we could still use a local diving master and guide... no idea how complicated it is to get there. So yeah, we should call around. If we can get at least one more person from the ship to come with us, that'd be good too. I suppose we should run it by the Captain?"

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by ffilz »

I split off the unrefined fuel discussion.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#20 Post by ffilz »

Eris wrote:That's why Wen is always going to ask around and see if there is some refined fuel that might be gotten even where it normally wouldn't be found.
Wen hears some speculation that the reason no one is allowed out at the gas giant is that it's a pirate base.

Frank

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”