004 - Sheddezar

ffilz
lenusmars
Guide
Guide

Re: 004 - Sheddezar

#401 Post by lenusmars »

Sara watches the byplay between Vee and Foix, smiling.
Tiglath wrote:Foix raises an eyebrow at Ana “Did you know that there is one of your many attributes that I have always admired over all others?” He pauses and breaks into a wry smile before continuing “Your eye for detail!” He grins and with a helpless shrug shamelessly adds “It would be ungracious to deny it – I have, indeed, matured like a fine vintage!”
Sara giggles. "And so modest, too! I don't know if I've ever seen someone actually weaponize charm before." she says, then playfully bumps Vee's shoulder with her own.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#402 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:A cargo discussion might be good including the bids at auction, I remember aluminum was a steal at there was a minisub too.
Ok, I split off what cargo discussion was reasonable to split off.

I wish I could split posts up, then I'd move more over.

I don't want to move much more out to other threads (I will move out the grocery shopping run) because it will mess up timelines.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#403 Post by joertexas »

lenusmars wrote:Sara watches the byplay between Vee and Foix, smiling.
Tiglath wrote:Foix raises an eyebrow at Ana “Did you know that there is one of your many attributes that I have always admired over all others?” He pauses and breaks into a wry smile before continuing “Your eye for detail!” He grins and with a helpless shrug shamelessly adds “It would be ungracious to deny it – I have, indeed, matured like a fine vintage!”
Sara giggles. "And so modest, too! I don't know if I've ever seen someone actually weaponize charm before." she says, then playfully bumps Vee's shoulder with her own.
Vee looks down at the deck as she fights for emotional control. Sara is more right then she knows, a part of her reflects. But, she is a professional, and there is a job to do. She takes a breath and raises her eyes to Foix. "So, what do we do to prepare for this excursion?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#404 Post by Ramona »

joertexas wrote:Vee looks down at the deck as she fights for emotional control. Sara is more right then she knows, a part of her reflects. But, she is a professional, and there is a job to do. She takes a breath and raises her eyes to Foix. "So, what do we do to prepare for this excursion?"
“In no particular order, we build our sensor, fill our hold with speculative cargo, put in some low ball bids on the aluminum and the minisub, and then we pick out a cute yet sensible outfits that makes us look amazing.”. Ana looks at the map again for a moment, “I think that pretty much covers it, unless you can think of something I missed.”

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#405 Post by Tiglath »

Foix nods agreement with Ana and replies in his businesslike tone “I suggest we do as much of the assembly and environment proofing of our detection equipment as we can in advance. M’sieu Pongo here will build the “brain” of our sensor array and I suggest you and Chu liaise with him as to connecting the whole together. However, my expertise ends there!”

He continues “Ideally we deploy our equipment on the stack straight away and spend our time checking and camouflaging what we intend to leave behind. Also, since this environment is unknown and the Shedezar are reported as hostile bring a sidearm – it’s good for morale”.

He gives Vee his most reassuring smile and his jocular style returns “Of course, you won’t need one because you have me! Tell me when you begin your electronic creativity – all great artists need inspiration and I will make an ideal muse!”
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#406 Post by Ramona »

“I’ll bring a knife,” Ana says quietly, “while guns work underwater unless you’ve got a great bloody hand cannon they’re basically useless beyond a metre.”

“I’ll start by fabricating some stands for the optics and a housing for the CPU and batteries. Pongo works on the brain, Andy you and Chu can work on reconfiguring the optics.”

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#407 Post by joertexas »

Ramona wrote:“I’ll bring a knife,” Ana says quietly, “while guns work underwater unless you’ve got a great bloody hand cannon they’re basically useless beyond a metre.”

“I’ll start by fabricating some stands for the optics and a housing for the CPU and batteries. Pongo works on the brain, Andy you and Chu can work on reconfiguring the optics.”
"I'd like to help with the sensors array, if that's okay," Vee offers.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#408 Post by lenusmars »

"I'm not much of an expert in anything but flying." Sara says, looking around. "But I know enough bits and pieces of things to be helpful with a lot of stuff, so whoever needs a good Igor to their Frankenstein the most, I'm your girl."

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#409 Post by Ramona »

joertexas wrote:
Ramona wrote:“I’ll bring a knife,” Ana says quietly, “while guns work underwater unless you’ve got a great bloody hand cannon they’re basically useless beyond a metre.”

"I'd like to help with the sensors array, if that's okay," Vee offers.
“Long as we get a cargo so we don’t look weird, well weirder than normal.” Ana says with a smile.
lenusmars wrote:"I'm not much of an expert in anything but flying." Sara says, looking around. "But I know enough bits and pieces of things to be helpful with a lot of stuff, so whoever needs a good Igor to their Frankenstein the most, I'm your girl."
“Okay Igor, welding 101,” Ana says grabbing her goggles and feeling them for weight before giving them to the sensor group, “always have a plan, never under engineer and dress appropriately, molten slag down the top is not not as much fun as you might think.”

Ana begins by talking to the the build team optics team, seeing what we have to work with and how many sensor posts they require, then she talks to Pongo, figures out how much volume he requires for his CPU, storage medium, batteries and solar cells. Then she designs the parts Sara and her will build, takes the designs to the build teams and makes sure they’ll work for what they’re designing and once everyone’s happy she starts building with her apprentice.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#410 Post by Tiglath »

Foix frowns “Why don’t you make yourselves some “bang sticks”?” He elaborates “You just set a nail in the end of a baton or staff and some light tubing holding a shotgun cartridge sleeves over the end with the nail. A forward thrust that hits the target drives the nail into the cartridge primer and bang!"

He continues "A low tech terror weapon but you have the tools and skills here to make them reliable. It would give you some distance hand to hand against natural weapons or big predators and also a little edge if you need it, no?”

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#411 Post by Ramona »

Other than the Natives is there anything in the lagoon level if the ocean, shallows, we need to worry about? Sharks, tentacle beasts?

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#412 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Foix frowns “Why don’t you make yourselves some “bang sticks”?” He elaborates “You just set a nail in the end of a baton or staff and some light tubing holding a shotgun cartridge sleeves over the end with the nail. A forward thrust that hits the target drives the nail into the cartridge primer and bang!"

He continues "A low tech terror weapon but you have the tools and skills here to make them reliable. It would give you some distance hand to hand against natural weapons or big predators and also a little edge if you need it, no?”
"I think I can fabricate those," Vee says after a moment's thought.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#413 Post by Tiglath »

Foix replies "Impressive, Madame Vee! I will see Andy for some shotgun cartridges. I also have armourer's tools if you need them".

Foix will source some shotgun ammo for the prototype bang sticks and make his gunsmithing tools available.

(OOC:
Ramona wrote:Other than the Natives is there anything in the lagoon level if the ocean, shallows, we need to worry about? Sharks, tentacle beasts?

No, the shoggoths ate them all! ;) :) ).

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#414 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Foix replies "Impressive, Madame Vee! I will see Andy for some shotgun cartridges. I also have armourer's tools if you need them".Foix will source some shotgun ammo for the prototype bang sticks and make his gunsmithing tools available.
When Vee is finished assisting Ana, she works to fabricate three bang sticks.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#415 Post by Ramona »

how do you want to handle fabrication of this stuff Frank?

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#416 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:how do you want to handle fabrication of this stuff Frank?
I need to look over all the stuff you're making. I may call for a Mechanical or Electronics roll, but so far I think everything will just be made.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#417 Post by Ramona »

Here’s a rough list, box on legs to house the data recorder / cpu / batteries. Solar array to power electronics / charge batteries. Directional Transmitter / Receiver. Optical sensors stolen from a couple pairs goggles attached to mounts / stands. The system is 100% passive it either records continuously or takes a single image every x seconds depending upon storage limitations. We need to program the receiver transmitter to listen for our signal, program the cpu to compress each days data into a series of manageable files for upload. It’s basically going to be a private nestcam / webcam / nannycam kind of thing.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#418 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:Here’s a rough list, box on legs to house the data recorder / cpu / batteries. Solar array to power electronics / charge batteries. Directional Transmitter / Receiver. Optical sensors stolen from a couple pairs goggles attached to mounts / stands. The system is 100% passive it either records continuously or takes a single image every x seconds depending upon storage limitations. We need to program the receiver transmitter to listen for our signal, program the cpu to compress each days data into a series of manageable files for upload. It’s basically going to be a private nestcam / webcam / nannycam kind of thing.
Sounds good. I'll probably call for an Electronics roll when you come back (you're plan is to leave it recording and when you come back this way get a data dump from it right?).

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#419 Post by Ramona »

Oh and the bang sticks. We can test the system on the hold before we set it up and when they come back to grab us. I figure Vee and Foix can simply step aboard the ship, Sara and I can get winched up like a rescue chopper and Squee’s suit gives her limited floatyness so she can fly aboard?

If anyone thinks of anything I’m forgetting.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#420 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:Oh and the bang sticks. We can test the system on the hold before we set it up and when they come back to grab us. I figure Vee and Foix can simply step aboard the ship, Sara and I can get winched up like a rescue chopper and Squee’s suit gives her limited floatyness so she can fly aboard?

If anyone thinks of anything I’m forgetting.
Yes, bang sticks will be easy, and yes, testing the system before setup and after installation will be good. Then it will just be a question if something causes a problem when it is left running for weeks.

I need to gen up the animal encounters table for this world so I can let you know if there's anything nasty that's mentioned in library data or mentioned by the dive instructor (I assume you don't want to advertise too much other than going for some recreational diving off the island the star port is on to avoid raising any suspicion).

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”