004 - Sheddezar

ffilz
Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

Re: 004 - Sheddezar

#381 Post by Ramona »

Tiglath wrote:At the evening briefing he replies with an easy smile “I always knew you’d put me on a pedestal Ana - I just hadn’t imagined several hundred metres of stack rock”.

Foix seems happy enough to support the ship “avionics check” combined with a dive recon option.
“Ya, I figure the spires provide a full view of the area, it’s a good place to set up monitors and it’s enough of a pain in the ass to get up there it’ll discourage casual investigation.” Ana shrugs, “The ship comes in, drops us from 3 or 4 metres into the water, drops you on the spire and then heads off checking out the area as a part of its flight check, maybe goes orbital. You set up the sensors, we check the caves. The ships comes back grabs ypu and drops a line into the water for us, we clip on and get winched in and we make like a shepherd and get the flock out of here.”

“Squee can even check for locals before we do anything beyond a flyby.”

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#382 Post by Tiglath »

Foix nods agreement and adds “I will need someone to assist setting up the passive sensors. The task requires someone with a head for heights and knowledge of electronics. Chu, Vee either of you enjoy sightseeing?”
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#383 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Foix nods agreement and adds “I will need someone to assist setting up the passive sensors. The task requires someone with a head for heights and knowledge of electronics. Chu, Vee either of you enjoy sightseeing?”
"Against my better judgement, I will go with you," Vee says with a sigh and a lurking grin.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#384 Post by Ramona »

Ana’s thoughts for the sensor is to scavange things on the ship, optics from IR/LI goggles (Ana has a pair and I imagine Chu and Foix each have pairs as well), storage device / computer (recording), a solar cell, and a transmitter / receiver. We hide the optics around the top edge of the spire blending it in with the foliage, the recorder / receiver / transmitter / solar cell / battery pack goes in the middle where you’d need to be directly overhead to spot it. Seal the whole thing with that heat shrink plastic stuff to prevent corrosion.

Between Ana, Vee, Chu and Andy we should have lots of brain power on the electical and engineering end, Pongo is a computer guy so storage and retrieval is his thing.

Ana also takes a moment to look through the guide books to check out the local flora and fauna. Important stuff, biting bugs, poisonous plants and animals, toothy tentacle beasts. So Vee, Foix, Sara, Squee and herself know what’s safe to touch, what you lick for hallucinations and what to give a wide berth too.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#385 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote:"Against my better judgement, I will go with you," Vee says with a sigh and a lurking grin.
A delighted Foix grins and jokes “You do me great honour Madame Vee but, I beg you, take no advantage of my shy naïveté whilst we are alone atop the spire!”

(OOC: I like the extemporised sensor idea.

We can use the ship's own sensors to scan both drop zones on approach to eliminate any immediate surprises when both the divers and the spire party disembark.

If any particularly virulent beasties are listed as living locally Foix and Vee can ready a bespoke first aid kit to counter their specific threat. They can then issue that and basic care routine to the divers.(e.g. if you are bitten by a sea snake swallow these and inject this into muscle near the bite).

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#386 Post by Ramona »

Tiglath wrote:
joertexas wrote:"Against my better judgement, I will go with you," Vee says with a sigh and a lurking grin.
A delighted Foix grins and jokes “You do me great honour Madame Vee but, I beg you, take no advantage of my shy naïveté whilst we are alone atop the spire!”
“Just be careful if he offers to help you with your sunscreen,” Ana says with a wink.

She looks back at the map on the wall,“So it’s a lot like hell down there, the extra oxygen is nice but doesn’t make up for everything else. Four atmosphere at forty degrees and pretty much one-hundred percent humidity, dress appropriately, bring lots of water, long sleaves, wide hats, light fabric, sunglasses if you start to feel weird find some shade, sit down and drink water. Oh and whatever you do don’t sit in these weird 3 leaf red bushes, they’re toxic.”

“Decompression’s going to be a bitch too, if the caves are deep we might have to isolate Sara and me for a up to a couple days to get us equalized with the ship while the ship is being equalized with our destination. Please don’t ask me to do decompression table math in my head.” Ana looks at Squee,“I assume you’re better equipped to deal with the bends and nitrogen narcosis than Sara or I.”

“Vee, you and Foix are going to need filter masks, Sara, Squee and I will be breathing mix but 4 atmosphere is pretty borderline for oxygen toxicity so don’t forget...” Ana words trail off, she reaches into her go bag and quickly pulls out her respirator, “holy shit, the respirators, that’s how they’re being drugged. Up at the starport we don’t need them because the atmosphere is thinner but down low, damn it, that’s freaking insidious.”

I started looking at diving info then I thought about 4 atm on top of that and things kind of spiralled out of control from there.
Last edited by Ramona on Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#387 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:A delighted Foix grins and jokes “You do me great honour Madame Vee but, I beg you, take no advantage of my shy naïveté whilst we are alone atop the spire!”
Ramona wrote:“Just be careful if he offers to help you with your sunscreen,” Ana says with a wink.
"I'll take that under advisement," Vee glances at Ana, and then studies Foix with her grey eyes. "You aren't *that* dangerous, are you?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#388 Post by Tiglath »

Foix simply nods and replies to Ana “I’d flush those tanks and gear you bought just in case they contain any “government air”. I could use the air lock as an improvised hyperbaric chamber but again that’s hardly my medical speciality”.
joertexas wrote:"I'll take that under advisement," Vee glances at Ana, and then studies Foix with her grey eyes. "You aren't *that* dangerous, are you?"
Foix glances at Ana and lets out a breath before replying “Ahem. Alas, Madame Vee, my reputation has been tarnished by a lamentable, but maybe understandable, lack of self control in the frail humanity about me. With tragic irony a lot of the damage was done earlier in my life when, as Ana will confirm, I was actually less handsome!”

He suddenly becomes serious and adds “I know Ana of old but I should not presume on your good nature. Perhaps I can put your mind at rest?”

He strides across the room to face Vee and saying “With your permission Madame?” he gently takes her hand and locks his piercing blue eyes with hers. Foix then solemnly states “Madame, my sword is yours. While breath or blood remains in my body I will defend your life and honour on the journey ahead. I Gauvain, Comte de Foix do so swear”.

He smiles again "There, perfectly safe now - both of us!"

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#389 Post by Ramona »

Tiglath wrote:Foix simply nods and replies to Ana “I’d flush those tanks and gear you bought just in case they contain any “government air”. I could use the air lock as an improvised hyperbaric chamber but again that’s hardly my medical speciality”.
“No, not the air, you couldn’t possible do the air,” Ana unscrews one of the filters from her mask, “the filters, everyone needs them and I’ve got 10cr that says the local ones are vastly cheaper than the imports.”
Tiglath wrote:Foix glances at Ana and lets out a breath before replying “Ahem. Alas, Madame Vee, my reputation has been tarnished by a lamentable, but maybe understandable, lack of self control in the frail humanity about me. With tragic irony a lot of the damage was done earlier in my life when, as Ana will confirm, I was actually less handsome!”

He suddenly becomes serious and adds “I know Ana of old but I should not presume on your good nature. Perhaps I can put your mind at rest?”

He strides across the room to face Vee and saying “With your permission Madame?” he gently takes her hand and locks his piercing blue eyes with hers. Foix then solemnly states “Madame, my sword is yours. While breath or blood remains in my body I will defend your life and honour on the journey ahead. I Gauvain, Comte de Foix do so swear”.

Ana nods, “I can confirm, he is much better looking now.”

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#390 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:He strides across the room to face Vee and saying “With your permission Madame?” he gently takes her hand and locks his piercing blue eyes with hers. Foix then solemnly states “Madame, my sword is yours. While breath or blood remains in my body I will defend your life and honour on the journey ahead. I Gauvain, Comte de Foix do so swear”.

Vee stares into his eyes as he speaks. Her mouth opens and closes, but no words come out. "Uh, thank you," she finally stammers. Her cheeks are red even through her dusky skin, and she swallows audibly. "I feel much safer now." Her lips quirk in the beginnings of a smile, and she makes no effort to retrieve her hand.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#391 Post by Tiglath »

Foix gives Vee a radiant smile “You are indeed most welcome!” Then keeping his eyes on hers and giving her every opportunity to pull away Foix gently lifts her hand and kisses it. Immediately he says “Madame, I am now in your service - which means, with the deepest regret, I must return your hand for my oath demands it”. Foix’s smile fades a little as he releases Vee’s hand “There, you see. I am honour bound to behave and you have Le Diable himself to stand against your enemies. The plan is foolproof - while I must admit to possessing limited willpower as far as beautiful women are concerned, you have enough for both of us. Madame Vee, you couldn’t be safer!”

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#392 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Foix gives Vee a radiant smile “You are indeed most welcome!” Then keeping his eyes on hers and giving her every opportunity to pull away Foix gently lifts her hand and kisses it. Immediately he says “Madame, I am now in your service - which means, with the deepest regret, I must return your hand for my oath demands it”. Foix’s smile fades a little as he releases Vee’s hand “There, you see. I am honour bound to behave and you have Le Diable himself to stand against your enemies. The plan is foolproof - while I must admit to possessing limited willpower as far as beautiful women are concerned, you have enough for both of us. Madame Vee, you couldn’t be safer!”
Vee returns his smile, her color still high in her cheeks. Now wasn't the time to consider her willpower against this charming, and no doubt dangerous, man. Her sense of humor rescues her from further speculation, and she recovers her hand reluctantly. "Thank you for your kind offer to ensure my personal safety. A girl could get used to this treatment."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#393 Post by ffilz »

I'll have more response tomorrow...
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#394 Post by Ramona »

I give you an out and you don’t want it. :)

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#395 Post by Starbeard »

Chu chuckles at the exchange between Foix and Vee, and pats both of them on the shoulder with a raised eyebrow. "Well it looks like you two are going to have a swell mission, I think I would just get in the way, there probably isn't even room for three on that spire. Besides, someone needs to stay in reserve and monitor the area from the ship while you work."

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#396 Post by joertexas »

Starbeard wrote:Chu chuckles at the exchange between Foix and Vee, and pats both of them on the shoulder with a raised eyebrow. "Well it looks like you two are going to have a swell mission, I think I would just get in the way, there probably isn't even room for three on that spire. Besides, someone needs to stay in reserve and monitor the area from the ship while you work."
One would not have thought it possible that Vee could blush more than she already had. "Uh," she tries to speak, and simply looks imploringly at Foix.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#397 Post by Ramona »

joertexas wrote:
Starbeard wrote:Chu chuckles at the exchange between Foix and Vee, and pats both of them on the shoulder with a raised eyebrow. "Well it looks like you two are going to have a swell mission, I think I would just get in the way, there probably isn't even room for three on that spire. Besides, someone needs to stay in reserve and monitor the area from the ship while you work."
One would not have thought it possible that Vee could blush more than she already had. "Uh," she tries to speak, and simply looks imploringly at Foix.
“If you hang around to close they’ll never get anything done,” Ana says glancing at Chu. “The idea is to not let anyone know what we’re doing a starship providing overwatch is just going to bollocks that up.”

She looks at Vee, “He wasn’t nearly this smooth 15 years ago either, not gonna lie to you, it’s kinda hot.”

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#398 Post by Tiglath »

Foix certainly catches Vee’s blushes and imploring look but seems already committed to a reply to Chu. In straight military tone Foix immediately says “Colonel, you would be most welcome and I would greatly value your contribution. I wouldn't have asked you if I didn't want you along. Your presence would half the electronics work and make us doubly secure. I have a mind to use the stack rock as an observation point to cover the dive site rather than the ship and an extra pair of soldier’s eyes up there would prove invaluable”.
Ramona wrote:She looks at Vee, “He wasn’t nearly this smooth 15 years ago either, not gonna lie to you, it’s kinda hot.”

Foix raises an eyebrow at Ana “Did you know that there is one of your many attributes that I have always admired over all others?” He pauses and breaks into a wry smile before continuing “Your eye for detail!” He grins and with a helpless shrug shamelessly adds “It would be ungracious to deny it – I have, indeed, matured like a fine vintage!”

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#399 Post by ffilz »

Ok, I moved some of the side conversation out. There's still bits and pieces, partly because a single post will have side conversation and role play...

I still need to go back through and see what I've missed responses to...

If there's anything you are waiting for from me, please make the request in a post, maybe one request per post...

I don't know if more posts should be split out into the diving expedition (if you want to PM me suggestions, I will move them).

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#400 Post by Ramona »

A cargo discussion might be good including the bids at auction, I remember aluminum was a steal at there was a minisub too.

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”