Chapter 18 - Further Below Strod

AleBelly
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 18 - Further Below Strod

#161 Post by Bluehorse »

Kablamicus

Was still patting out smoldering bits of his shirt and finally gave up and discarded the garment all together showing off a skinny upper body and some nasty looking deep burns on what would otherwise be a somewhat youthfully defined chest. No one had told him yet that his hat was still on fire.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#162 Post by AleBelly »

Zhym wrote:"That'd be the note what said you'd make a totally great plan to kill us all?" asks Angus, ignoring the question about the "other two."
" 'Love note' was, like, sarcasm. The numbskulls down here don't get sarcasm. Guess you don't either. I am - was - pissed at you guys for killing my demons, man. You know how hard it is to get them here?"
Zhym wrote:"Sounds to me like you already know more about us than we know about you. So what's this big to-do Trona's got you working on? Hard to feature anyone'd be able to keep you trapped, powerful wizard like you. Unless..."

"Who are your friends in the corners?" he asks.
"They're statues. There are some answers in the book over there..." he points to the western table running north-south. It is relatively clear of clutter, save for a thick tome that sits in the middle of the table. It looks fancy. "... but probably not a good idea for you to take a peek. The statues aren't going to hurt you. If they could, they'd have skewered you already, man."
tkrexx wrote:The shaggy Half-Orc slips outside the room and retrieves his bow. Trona! Hyde's head snaps to from his position by the door, That Trona again! Them cannibal types we run across at that tower, hah? With them bat-bugs... They all said somethin' about this Trona, rememba? That be your tower, then, hah? Guarded by bat-bugs and cannibals? He closes the door just enough to leave a crack to peer thru, and returns his gaze to the Wizard. Don't get all friendly with Kablammo, no, afta you zapped him a minute ago. Thought ya put him down, hah? But he put the stink on ya, yeahh. An' why ya givin' that there ring away so eager-like, hah? Seems ya want one of us to put that on... It be a trap of some sort, I bet. Galan, don't let 'im have none of them trinkets we found in his pockets, no, I think maybe he uses them to make his magics. I seen Kablammo do that enough, I know what they be for.
Renald looks at Hyde uncomprehendingly, then the others. "Does he always spray when he talks? That's gross, man. No, no cannibals guard my tower. Our tower. But half the world is under his thumb. You must have met his other acquaintances, or thugs."

He looks down at the ring. "I don't care what you do with the ring. Just don't put it back on my finger, ok?"

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by Bluehorse »

Kablamicus

Assuming the ring not in the magic fart.. otherwise I will wait.

Kablamicus, still smoking slightly. Takes out a piece of parchment, using it to scoop up the ring like he were moving a spider. Once the ring is on the paper, he will fold it a few times so that it is effective in an envelope so he can stash the ring away and not risk directly touching it. He then nods to himself and stuffs it into his backpack for later inspection.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#164 Post by enn.in.me »

Yenny, as far as you all know, continues doing what she is doing... (Just letting you know that I am around and following (and enjoying) the posts.)

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by onlyme »

Dandelion looks disgustedly at the wizard, but says nothing.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by tkrexx »

Hyde raises one bushy eyebrow. "OUR" tower?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by Zhym »

"Aw, this feller ain't no help at all," Angus tells the others. "Y'all reckon we ought to kill him now? Or gag him, tie him up, and give him to the law up in the town to kill?"

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by onlyme »

DAndelion answers,

I'd say go ahead and be done with him. Cant trust him not to escape justice. Damned magic...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by AleBelly »

Renald is not happy with the direction the interparty dialog is taking. ”Whoa, let’s just chill out here, okay? First, the statues. I’m no art collector, man. They are part of the plan to take back the town above. Animate the statues, make ‘em golems. They’re creepy, and ruthless. Kind of like psychological warfare. You read me? The dwarves made these things. They are NOT here if their own free will, though compelled by chains. You catch me?”

He motions over to the fancy-looking tome on the table. ”That’s like, the cookbook, yeah? You need some strong mojo to make it happen on your own.”

”There’s other creepy shit down here they’re going to unleash too, but I don’t know what they are. I stay here.”

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by AleBelly »

He watches Kablamicus pocket the ring. ”I wasn’t lying. That ring is far out, man. But it’s hard to use. You let me carry out my plans so I can be free and you can have it. I’ll teach you how to use it, ok?”

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#171 Post by Zhym »

"Yeah, see, that's the thing," drawls Angus. "Seeing as how your plans seem to involve killing lots of people, letting you get on with them ain't exactly one of the options. Especially what with you not having given us much of a notion on what them plans are."

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#172 Post by AleBelly »

”The plan, man, or more accurately - the orders, man, are to release all the things down here, including the golems. Take back the town. Strike fear into the people. Okay?”

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#173 Post by Zhym »

Angus shakes his head sadly. "No," he says. "Not okay."

He sighs heavily, realizing what he's going to have to do. He could take the wizard into town and hand him over to the law, but he's got a pretty good notion what the law here will do to him. At least if Angus does it, it'll be quick. He almost feels bad about it—until he realizes that those things the wizard brought down here killed Chet.

"I'll give you credit for one thing," he says slowly. "You ain't pretending to abandon your plan—or orders—and join our side. Man's gotta respect that. Don't mean we're gonna let you do your plan, though."

He waits to see if any of the other party members have any questions for the wizard, or if they try to stop Angus from doing what has to be done. If no one speaks against it, he kills the mage as quickly and cleanly as he can.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#174 Post by Bluehorse »

Kablamicus

I can't help it! I love this mage!

Steps up... smoldering hat and all. Now, wait, wait, wait... he holds up his hands waving them as she staggers over. He looked at the mage and then back to his companions. Professonal mutual respect! This man is demonstrating that, right now.
To kill him like some common riff raft is out of the question. He is... to put it in the Vulgate... playing nice. I invoke my right as a mage of the tower to have him brought before our conclave to face a fair and judicious trial by his peers.
he looks at the other mage, unable but to help admiring the work he has obviously done and gaining a respect for him despite the face his wounds were his doing. Besides... An obviously advanced mind such as his would be a shame to waste when it can be steered to good use.
Let him be put to task by the conclave, I am sure there will be much mutual and overall benefit to his preservation rather than being turned into so much meat on the end of your weapons
Kablamicus looks pointedly over at the mage as if to say 'That is the best I can do for you... don't make me regret it.'

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#175 Post by Zhym »

"Ain't much of a profession what respects murderers," counters Angus. He gives Kablammicus a long hard look, wondering when he got all law-and-order—or if he's actually buying this "brotherhood of mages" rot. "And what do you reckon we're doing while you drag this dude up in front of your conclave? Not taking out these orcs, that's what. Besides—if we drag him before the law, it ain't gonna be a bunch of wizards. It's gonna be them what he plotted against. You think they'll do any better to him?"

"This dude's responsible for killing Chet and planning to kill hundreds more. He admits it and he ain't even sorry for it. That's enough trial for me. Let's execute sentence now and get on doing what we should be doing."

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by onlyme »

Dandelion concurs.
" He obviously has never had cotillion lessons, and I just dont see him improving his state. Ask him a few questions if you must, but I agree that he has already accepted his own sentence when he allowed himself to fall in with whatever crowd is running this place.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#177 Post by tkrexx »

Let's execute sentence now and get on doing what we should be doing.
That be my job, yeahh, Hyde mutters as he stalks forward, solemn resignation coming to his face. Tho he seems almost sad, his huge teeth still force his lips apart in what might appear as a smile to those not familiar with him. He removes his favored axe from his backstrap. Lay him ova that desk. Somebody watch the door, hah?

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#178 Post by Bluehorse »

Kablamicus

The mage holds up his a finger as well as his chin, apparently forgetting it is hard to look dignified with a big scortched floppy hat, no shirt and covered in soot from spellfire. I object!

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by onlyme »

Dandelion stands guard, waiting for the sentence to be carried out.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#180 Post by AleBelly »

A flicker of hope ignites in Renald's eyes as Kablamicus defends him. He especially perks up at the prospect of being brought before the conclave. "Are there powerful members of your order?"

He looks to Angus. "I don't want to do this. But I, like, am compelled to! Trona starts off being your pal. But if that does not achieve his objective, he is ruthless, man, and will get what he wants by fear, torture...or worse! If you've not seen what he does to those that resist him, and I guess you don't since your pants are still dry after I mention his name, I don't expect you to understand." He seeks out Kablamicus' gaze under his smoldering, floppy hat. "But if your conclave has powerful practitioners of our art, I might be able to help you."

He looks around hopefully. "I'll even teach you how to use the ring. It'll be, like, my gift to you. You can keep it, amigos."

Return to “The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)”