OOC Chat — "Hoshihige Most Auspicious Inn"

Starbeard
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Chat — "Hoshihige Most Auspicious Inn"

#401 Post by Rex »

No worries and good luck with everything!

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#403 Post by Leitz »

Starbeard, congratulations! Hope all goes well for you and your growing family.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#404 Post by ffilz »

Congrats and good luck.

Also now that you're well past the point of no return... Two is a LOT harder than one...

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#405 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I can only echo what the other guys have said here Starbeard no worries you have a lot going on. :)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#406 Post by Starbeard »

ffilz wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:45 pm Congrats and good luck.

Also now that you're well past the point of no return... Two is a LOT harder than one...

Frank
Two days into being home and we've already found that out…

Thanks for the patience as always, everyone. I'll be here and continue trying to post something weekly, but we'll see. In the meantime, based on how you respond to this current encounter (or if you want to react at all), then we may finish it with another post or two and move onto more stuff.

In other news, we ended up with a boy. Henry Elliot Oswald, though we're still arguing over whether he'll go by Oswald or Elliot (or Henry, if you ask his grandparents). He's a tiny guy, only 5 lbs 14oz, but he was also several weeks early. Everyone is healthy, just lacking sleep!

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#407 Post by Leitz »

Congratulations!

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#408 Post by ffilz »

Starbeard wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:23 pm
ffilz wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:45 pm Congrats and good luck.

Frank
Two days into being home and we've already found that out…

Thanks for the patience as always, everyone. I'll be here and continue trying to post something weekly, but we'll see. In the meantime, based on how you respond to this current encounter (or if you want to react at all), then we may finish it with another post or two and move onto more stuff.

In other news, we ended up with a boy. Henry Elliot Oswald, though we're still arguing over whether he'll go by Oswald or Elliot (or Henry, if you ask his grandparents). He's a tiny guy, only 5 lbs 14oz, but he was also several weeks early. Everyone is healthy, just lacking sleep!
Congrats and glad all is well.

I'll be here whenever you have the energy to post and move things forward. I'm really enjoying this game, and if it slows down a bit, that is the way it will be, but I will still be here.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#409 Post by Rex »

Congratulations!

Post when you can and don't worry about us.

GreyWolfVT

#410 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Congrats! Also no need to worry about us we will be fine :)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

GreyWolfVT

#412 Post by GreyWolfVT »

2 active topics and I've lost track of where Osaru is in all of this. Other than the tea ceremony bit.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#413 Post by Leitz »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:52 am 2 active topics and I've lost track of where Osaru is in all of this. Other than the tea ceremony bit.
The remaining "4: Terror in the Mountains" thread is just Aiko and Kunpu; they have a side effort that was felt to be better in thread than PM. So, "5: Midway Quiet Village" is the likely best spot for Osaru.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#414 Post by Starbeard »

Leitz wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:24 pm
GreyWolfVT wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:52 am 2 active topics and I've lost track of where Osaru is in all of this. Other than the tea ceremony bit.
The remaining "4: Terror in the Mountains" thread is just Aiko and Kunpu; they have a side effort that was felt to be better in thread than PM. So, "5: Midway Quiet Village" is the likely best spot for Osaru.
Yep. Thread 5 is the "active" thread, and Thread 4 is just wrapping up an interlude with two characters so that it doesn't keep the rest of you from posting in the "main" game.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#415 Post by Starbeard »

ffilz wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:14 pm Are there any options other than void points to get extra dice? Senichi would at least want to do meditation but 3k2 vs 20 is pretty tough, but no sense burning void points on it yet.

I'm not sure if we can afford some rest here to get at least one of the checks to remove the sniffles.
As far as I know, Void points are the only official way to get extra dice. Finding ways to make a task easier tends either to lower the TN or give free raises instead. But I can see special cases where it would make sense to add bonus "skill" dice (the ones that are rolled but not kept), like having access to a really well stocked pantry of herbs and medicines might boost your medicine roll +1k0.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#416 Post by Starbeard »

Hi everyone! Merry Christmas and to all a good night.

I hope you're all having a good set of holidays, even if they are quieter than usual. I just finished the worst round of grading in years—seriously, since we started distanced learning the academic downturn has been incredible—and hope to finally get back to the game in the wake of Christmas.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#417 Post by Rex »

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to All!

GreyWolfVT

#418 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Merry Christmas to all!

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#419 Post by Starbeard »

Happy New Year everyone!

I've updated Kunpu and Aiko's side adventure, and will finally be updating the main adventure soon. Hopefully tonight, but probably tomorrow.

To confirm the action and make sure I can get things back on track after the hiatus, it looks like:
- Osaru was the only one who nailed the meditation roll at the shrine.
- Aiko has offered her flute in trade for the wind chimes (with only one chime on it).
- Senichi is taking the spool of silk thread.
- no one has claimed the page torn from a pillow book or the gambling dice.
- Kunpu is seeking out the village herbalist, and the party in general is heading to the village headman's house to look for the shugenja.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#420 Post by Rex »

Happy New Year Everyone!

Return to “Roleplaying in the Emerald Empire (L5R)”