OOC Discussion (Session 4.5)

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC Discussion (Session 4.5)

#21 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I would think that if you introduce a new adventure, even if the first one isn't completed, that if the party decides to pursue the new adventure then we should be able to adjust to the situation and set new BIGs. We would only be hurting ourselves by not getting the chance to earn rewards.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#22 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Thag is Hungry & Thirsty.
Well, so much for starting out a new adventure all Fresh, Ready, and Rested.

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#23 Post by Ludanto »

For the record, the prints are all over the place, but there's a definite indication that the children and kobolds headed for the forest. The wolf, however, has come and gone in numerous directions.
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Marullus »

Oh... totally didn't understand that. So they were taken FROM here into the forest and we have to track them further?

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#25 Post by Ludanto »

So it seems.

bucksurdu
Runner
Runner

#26 Post by bucksurdu »

Marullus wrote:Oh... totally didn't understand that. So they were taken FROM here into the forest and we have to track them further?
Alfred the Unread is uncharacteristically ready to continue tracking.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Marullus »

Allric is (as always) confidently pronouncing a further course.

OOC, does anyone else want to go in and check out the orphanage for further clues before pressing on after the kids?

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#28 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I'll follow the majority here.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#29 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Track first and ask questions later. :)
When you act on your belief you earn rewards at the end-of-session.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

You also get rewards for acting against your belief.

Rabon would want to check out the trap door for treasure. Under the guise of looking for children, of course. His instinct, sadly, remains to fix gear. :cry:

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Oh. Rabon didn't touch the trap door in case Thag wanted to make another test with his instinct.

And as an aside, I will be on vacation from 6/22-7/7ish. Interweb access will be slim, so feel free to NPC Rabon. If you all feel something is within Rabon's character, he'd likely do it. And he's willing to offer help as appropriate still. He will push hard to make camp before the grind hits so he doesn't lose Fresh.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#32 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I'll be off-line tomorrow after work too, I've convinced the Tunnels & Trolls group (which includes Buck here) to try Torchbearer. So I'll be running them through the Inn of the Three Squires scenario. Hopefully Buck hasn't read too much of the scenario in his copy of the rulebook. Hopefully we can get character generation done in about 45 minutes or less, that will give us 3 hours or so to get chin-deep into the scenario.

I ran a Tekumel-version of Torchbearer at the Con of the North back in February, using Michael Prescott's "Littany in Scratches". All the players were Torchbearer neophytes, most were Tekumel-savvy though. I used pre-generated characters there and everyone seemed to pick up the basics of the rules pretty quickly. I'll probably run something again next year at Con of the North.

There's been club talk in our wargaming club that we might allow some rpg games at Barrage, our clubs 2-day convention, on the Friday of the convention when the room reserved for the Flames of War tournament guys aren't Flaming of Warring.

If you're curious about my wargaming club, here's our website about our convention. https://www.hawks-barrage.org/
And yes, myself, Buck, and my son who drew the picture I posted way back when this started, are in the picture on that page.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#33 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

When doing a Health test to do a physical labor type test, can others help?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Marullus »

Everyone can help with Health tests.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#35 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I have 5D, plus any help. Rabon can help since he said he's an NPC for a week or so. Anyone else want to help?

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Back from Alaska and very jet lagged. :(

With Thag's 5D and another 4D from Helping, minus a Trait die to earn a check, you have 8D. Maybe have Allric use a board to fan the rest of the party as they work. :P

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#37 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I was wondering if, once we crack open the lid, could Allric could cast his floating disk under the lid, and then use it to add additional lift. And then we'll have the disk to carry stuff until camp phase.

I'll do the bashing with Berry's mace, Rabon, Berry, and Alfred help by prying open the lid once the lock has been cracked, Allric can either help manually, or cast the disk to help lift.

I'll have to figure out how to use Grim-visaged against me. Perhaps the "But they are patient and quiet, able to focus on the task at hand and shut out the world and its terrors...for a time."

Sound like a plan?

5D + 4D help -1D Grim-visage = 8D for Obs 3 (gain 1 check)

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Marullus »

Go ahead and roll it.

Allric will help pull with the others.

He memorized Dance of the Fireflies and Supernal Vision... Didn't figure we'd need the disc until our return.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#39 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Door's open! We might need light?

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#40 Post by Ludanto »

I've got to step out soon, so I'll have to reveal what you found later. But, yes, it's dark.

Bill, I think part of the trouble you're having with using traits against yourself is... This is hard to explain, so:

When you use "Grim Visaged" against yourself, you're not using the opposite. You don't suddenly become cheerful and friendly and patient.

The questions to ask is, "I'm Grim Visaged, a brooding, patient loner. How is that a bad thing in this situation?"

Anyway, nice roll! I've got to get in there and start logging these. I'll reveal what's in the hole in a little while.

Return to “Torchbearer: Scoundrels”