The Brandin' Iron Saloon - Out of Character

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Brandin' Iron Saloon - Out of Character

#181 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

My PC is ready. I just haven't listed his trappings yet. I'll do so on Monday in the morning. (Festival weekend and I'm only using a phone for another day.)

I'll be happy to look over the rest of the equipment list.

EDIT: Definitely going to need a Turkish towel, per the HGttG. Just in case Tall Thom needs to hide from a bear, or something.

Black Wyvern
Guide
Guide

#182 Post by Black Wyvern »

I am giving Waps until tomorrow morning to chime in. Rusty I will introduce you once we get to town. It may take a few rounds of posting. Or maybe I will start you off in town alone. Let me think about it. Do you have a preference?

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#183 Post by Scott308 »

Scott308 wrote:Samuel "Shootout" Stokes

He looks at a pair of plow shoes trying to determine whether they would be useful. Are plow shoes similar to snow shoes?
I just realized I never got an answer on this question. Depending on what exactly plow shoes are, he may have bought them before heading out.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Black Wyvern
Guide
Guide

#184 Post by Black Wyvern »

Sodbuster shoes. The cheap shoes a poor settler/farmer would have to wear. Nope boots are sturdier, provide more protection and are warmer..

Scott308

#185 Post by Scott308 »

Ah, thanks.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Black Wyvern
Guide
Guide

#186 Post by Black Wyvern »

I will be out of town until Monday morning.

This is going to start a bit slow but we are building to something.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#187 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Hi all,
I'm going to bow out of this for now. Maybe once winter hits I'll have a bit more time and get back in touch.

Sorry to jump ship. :(

Black Wyvern
Guide
Guide

#188 Post by Black Wyvern »

No worries Rusty. There is a spot for you when you want it. Just let me know and I will get you into the game.

Guys I am neck deep at work the next couple weeks. I am going to try to get a post up tonight but by the time I get home my brain is mush.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#189 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Don't sweat it BW!

Summer is a busy time for most everyone.

I would rather have to wait a few days for a post than to have you suffering from mushy brain. :D

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#190 Post by Rex »

No worries, post when you are ready. No mushy brain, the heat is bad enough.

Black Wyvern
Guide
Guide

#191 Post by Black Wyvern »

Well it is up. It is a bit long and choppy but I decided to not go through a dozen do nothing choices and just push through to stuff that mattered.

Scott308

#192 Post by Scott308 »

I'm heading out of town for a wedding and will be gone Friday to Monday. I will try to check the boards, but feel free to NPC Shootout if he is slowing things down.

Black Wyvern
Guide
Guide

#193 Post by Black Wyvern »

Zhym wrote:"That there's a heap o' saloons for such an itty bitty town," observes Ted, shivering. He looks to see if anyone is making for one of the drinking establishments in particular.
You know when I was going through the module and writing this up I thought that too, then I realized I live in an "old west" town that at that time would have been half the size of Burned Bush Wells is supposed to be and four of our surviving historical buildings were bars back in the day, who knows how many didn't survive and Meeteetse wasn't even that wild of a town by local comparisons. Two still are bars, the most historical of them has bullet holes put into the bar and ceiling by a local bad man when Butch Cassidy owned it. As they were the only places to gather and most were pretty small by todays standards it probably isn't unusual. Men had a powerful thirst!

Black Wyvern
Guide
Guide

#194 Post by Black Wyvern »

I added a Maps thread. As you visit buildings I will put them in the thread so we can all see what the layout of a building is.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#195 Post by Rex »

I am going to be away from internet access until Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. NPC my character if needed.
Rex

Scott308

#196 Post by Scott308 »

Picked up Red Dead Redemption 2 today. Only got to play a little before I had to stop to watch the World Series, but the graphics are phenomenal! Gonna be spending a LOT of time in the Old West with this one!

Scott308

#197 Post by Scott308 »

I don't know how much I will be able to post over the next week and a half. Saturday is my marathon game and Sunday will be catching up on sleep. Next week I'm busy with Gamehole Con Wednesday- Sunday and my normal game night is Tuesday. I'll try to post when I can, but can't guarantee anything. Feel free to NPC my character so I don't slow things down.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#198 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I will be departing soon for our lovely state capitol to engage in 4 days of gaming, drinking, and whatever other debauchery I can get myself into at the best gaming convention in the world. GAMEHOLECON!!!

I will be off the interwebs until Monday, so please NPC my character if necessary in my stead.

If you don't know what that is......check it out! :D https://www.gameholecon.com/

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#199 Post by Rex »

I am going to be away from the internet until November 26th. Might be able to post on Thanksgiving day, but not sure until then. Feel free to NPC my PC.
Happy Thanksgiving,
Rex

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#200 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I will be out of the country on vacation for the next 2 weeks. I will still try to post when and where I can, but feel free to NPC my character if I am holding up the action.

Thanks! :D

Return to “Go Heeled [Boot Hill 2nd Edition]”