Beachtown Constable Glansandi Storeyja

OGRE MAGE
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Beachtown Constable Glansandi Storeyja

#181 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Constable stays at least six feet away when he finally approaches. Still sweating, his eyes and skin look as grey as an overcast sky.

”I assure you that I am in tip top condition, master Liam. I feel fine, better than ever actually. In fact, I was just doing some strenuous exercises to keep myself so.”

“And who is this lady you speak of? Is she........powerful?”

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#182 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm catches Liam's eyes, his face expressing puzzlement and alarm at the same time.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#183 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam

Cautiously: She is a healer of some skill. If that is what you mean. Let her have a look at you, come, I will show you to her.
Just to be safe. After all we cannot have our constable fall ill, whatever would happen if he did?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#184 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Glansandi looks on with a hint of suspicion on his sweaty grey face.

"Unless she is very powerful, I have no need to see her. Like I have already told you, I feel just fine. Now if you dont mind, I have more pressing matters to deal with. Good day to you both, then."

After bowing his head slightly, the elf begins to walk back to his barracks.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#185 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm

"No way you can help someone who doesn't want to be helped..." the dwarf mutters to Liam.

He stretches his back and groans. "Anyway. What's to be done now? I think it would be time to get the party moving to kill the monster and then to the jungle... If we survive. Ha!

Are you coming along, Liam, or prefer to stay around to see how things fare here?"

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#186 Post by Bluehorse »

Watching the Constable leave, Liam looks like he is concentrating hard. Unless she is very powerful, he says... What do you think this means? Clearly he has an interest in her if only for the idea of her skills... but to what end? If he doesn't want healing... what would be his interest in her? We are getting more questions than answers... I can't put my finger on it. Damn! I wish we had a mage or druid or.... his eyebrows shoot up. Cleric! Yes... We have Daisy and Reythan here. I should consult with them, and possibly warn them! Something is wrong here and he is looking for powerful people, whatever that means, but if you ask me, the healers are some of the most powerful and important people here. If anything they should know to be on the lookout.

He turns to Grimm. Sorry, I am going to see to this matter as well as my animals before heading out of town. I fear things are being left untended to. Luckily, we can get two birds with one stone... Reythan lives in a neighboring home. Care to accompany me?

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#187 Post by Paladin »

Urson wrote:Daisy

To Cealwyn: Ah'm sorry, sugar. Between Keg and the townsfolk, Ah've used all my Graces for today. Ah have some willow bark tea for your aches and pains, if that'll help.
The ranger pulls a grin. "No worries, pretty lady. I know your skills are much in demand. It's got to be hard to stay healthy here, always scrabbling for a living with little food and danger at every turn. Perhaps I can catch you tomorrow, if you aren't tied up." That said, he bids the group farewell and heads off to seek his rest.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#188 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm

The dwarf scatches the back of his head. "I don't know what to tell you, Liam. Maybe he doesn't faith in any cleric without enough healing powers to cure him. Something inside him telling him that he's sick but he doesn't want to acknowledge is making him say that.

But, what you say makes sense to me. There's even more reasons to be worried then.

I understand that you want to keep an eye on things here. I'll accompany you to see this Reythan."
He turns to the ranger. "And you should too, master Cealwyn, if you want your wounds to be healed. Miss Daisy, you also interested in talking with a fellow cleric?

Let's do that and avoid any more delays. We should be on our way as soon as we can."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#189 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy blushes a bit when Cealwyn calls her 'pretty lady'.

Ya'll know Ah love to talk. Ah don't mind talking to other priests or priestesses- 'less they're some of those "My God is the One True God" types.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#190 Post by Paladin »

Cealwyn Blackthorn

The ranger pauses at the mention of healing and half-turns. "I fear I have no payment to offer, even if the gent would agree to heal me. I can't come like a beggar empty-handed and ask a service of someone. Thank you for the suggestion, mate, but I'd better rest."

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#192 Post by Karaunios »

When he sees Liam suddenly leave and Cealwyn refusing to get healed Grimm rolls his eyes. "Could we at least go with Liam and do something until you feel better? I'd like to know more about the people and the things going on in this town. Before they roast me for being a dwarf. All thanks to the bloody Stoneguts, of course!"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#193 Post by Urson »

Daisy

Now you're being dumb, Cealwyn. Ah never met a healer yet who'd turn down having wood chopped, or a bucket of water fetched, or something. Payment isn't just coins, you know.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#194 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Will all of you be going with Liam to Raythans cabin?

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#195 Post by Paladin »

Cealwyn Blackthorn

The ranger chuckles. "Thank you all for the offer to accompany you, but I don't wish to overwhelm him with visitors. Perhaps I'll visit later." He wishes them well and ambles off.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#196 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm

As he watches the ranger leave. "Since Cealwyn doesn't want to be healed right away, the best option for me is to do something until he gets better. There's no way we go into the jungle with so few people. Yeah, I was there alone, but... It's not necessary to put more people to risk.

I still even have me doubts that we will be enough to kill that monster... And I'm sure we'll be pretty battered if not right off dead at the end of the struggle. I should talk about this with Cealwyn later.

Anyway, in the meantime I would like to know more about this town, meet the important people and all that, know what's to be done, and all that stuff, you know?

Maybe they're more open to see that there are differences between the Stoneguts and decent dwarves."

Grimm will definitely go see Ryathan with Liam. And will prefer to wait for Cealwyn (and everyone) to be cured before moving on.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#197 Post by Urson »

Daisy

Daisy is slightly baffled by the sudden turn of affairs. Do you suppose Ah offended him some way? Ah hope not.

Good luck, honey. Just be yourself, Ah reckon. Ah haven't seen anyone do more than a stink-eye your way, so it shouldn't take long.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#198 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Does that mean that Daisy is going, or isn't going along to Raythans?

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#199 Post by Karaunios »

Poor OM :oops: That's what I call patience :lol:

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#200 Post by Urson »

Daisy
I probably confused myself here...

If Grimm is still going to see Raythan, Daisy will go with. If not, she'll get back to the Clinic Project.

Return to “Big Shiny Island (1E Sandbox, with real sand)”