Beachtown Constable Glansandi Storeyja

OGRE MAGE
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Beachtown Constable Glansandi Storeyja

#161 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam will keep close and assuming the constable finishes and leaves without conflict, then he will wait a moment after he leaves to go check on Marge. Everything okay, deary? I was worried when he came over here. He seems unstable.

Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#162 Post by Paladin »

Cealwyn Blackthorn

The ranger nods. "Aye. Well, I hope he works through it. If I can be of any help, please let me know." He smiles and nods to the young man and rejoins his companions. "Miss Daisy," he says. "Do you perhaps have a healing spell to spare? I'm still awfully banged up from our trip."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#163 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Bluehorse wrote:Liam will keep close and assuming the constable finishes and leaves without conflict, then he will wait a moment after he leaves to go check on Marge. Everything okay, deary? I was worried when he came over here. He seems unstable.
Marge seems no worse for wear.

“I think so. He just asked me about how you were acting during our trip. He said he was suspicious of yer aggressive attitude towards him and the rest a the militia. He asked who’s fault it was that Greff got killed.”

“The strangest thing he asked was if I knew when Captain Quark was going to return again. Why would he be concerned about that? This is all so weird. Do you really think he’s sick er something? He looked pretty sweaty.”

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by Bluehorse »

[b]Marge[/b] wrote: Marge seems no worse for wear.

“I think so. He just asked me about how you were acting during our trip. He said he was suspicious of yer aggressive attitude towards him and the rest a the militia. He asked who’s fault it was that Greff got killed.”

“The strangest thing he asked was if I knew when Captain Quark was going to return again. Why would he be concerned about that? This is all so weird. Do you really think he’s sick er something? He looked pretty sweaty.”
Liam looks concerned as well. I just can't put my finger on it. I mean... this is not the same Glansandi that attacked me before we left... And yeah, he is sweating like he has a fever or something. I just don't get it. And did you see how quickly those townsfolk looked like they were ready to run me out? What is happening here?

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm

"Good! That's good news indeed.

But that's the problem. I don't know if anyone who can understand them... I always relied on Powstap for understanding the natives. The Phanaton on the contrary... Maybe we should look for someone who can do some magic tricks and be able to understand them, because I seriously doubt we'll see an interpreter."

He won't meddle in the conversation between Marge and Liam, although he will have an ear listening.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#166 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Bluehorse wrote: Liam looks concerned as well. I just can't put my finger on it. I mean... this is not the same Glansandi that attacked me before we left... And yeah, he is sweating like he has a fever or something. I just don't get it. And did you see how quickly those townsfolk looked like they were ready to run me out? What is happening here?
Marge just shrugs.

"I dont think ya need to worry bout the townsfolk turning on you, Liam. They are a fickle lot and sometimes they'll follow whoever is talking at the moment."

"That is another reason it might be nice to nominate a single person to act as our leader, even if we still use the council to make decisions. It seemed like everyone here respected and followed the rules set forth by Nehru, Pelor rest his soul. So maybe the uninitiated just need a figure head ta look up to?"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by Urson »

Daisy

To Cealwyn: Ah'm sorry, sugar. Between Keg and the townsfolk, Ah've used all my Graces for today. Ah have some willow bark tea for your aches and pains, if that'll help.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by Bluehorse »

[b]Marge[/b] wrote: "I dont think ya need to worry bout the townsfolk turning on you, Liam. They are a fickle lot and sometimes they'll follow whoever is talking at the moment."

Liam laughs a bit at that. Well, I'd best make sure to keep on talking, then.

[b]Marge[/b] wrote:
"That is another reason it might be nice to nominate a single person to act as our leader, even if we still use the council to make decisions. It seemed like everyone here respected and followed the rules set forth by Nehru, Pelor rest his soul. So maybe the uninitiated just need a figure head ta look up to?"
Liam sighs and nods a little. You might be right. So what are the names of everyone elected so far to the council?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#169 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Marge replies to Liam.

“Well there has only been talk so far, since I thought you wanted to be involved in that decision.”

“Let’s see, there’s you, me, Caleb, and.....was there another? I know we talked about having Glansandi serve as well, but that idea might have changed, no?”

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by Karaunios »

In principle, Grimm's not gonna have much to say before the conversation will be done. He will mostly listen, so don't wait for him and feel free to keep the conversation rolling. He'll jump in if he has something to add.

Then, he'll be fine with starting that recognizance/diplomatic quest in case you think we have enough people for that.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#171 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam

Nods. That sounds about right. And to be honest I intended for the Constable to be on the council as well so there was a law enforcement representative. But now? I fear he is too unstable. What groups do we have here? Obviously we have the Farmers, the shopkeepers, the water bearers. Am I missing one? maybe we can get word out that we will have an official election. If every main group in town has an elected official to represent them, and we can then nominate an executive from that council. The council can hold the executive in check and balance as well as the executive who can approve laws or put them to vote for the citizens. Perhaps that would be representative enough and offer a figurehead of some degree.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#172 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Marge seems amazed at the knowledge of the former nobleman.

"It sounds like you got some experience in such things. Thats a relief, because I didnt understand much of what you just said."

"Even so, I think that idea will work splendidly. Do we want to see if Randall or Nallissa want to be involved as well?"

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#173 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm

"Do you mean, something like guilds? In my clan there are guilds for different occupations, like blacksmiths, goldsmiths, jewellers, gold miners, iron miners... All sorts of things! I think you humans also have something of the sort. At least that's something I recall having seen in some of the few towns I've visited. He strokes his beard. "Maybe the merchants will also want to form their own guild? Oh... Oh. Those are Randall and Nalissa, right? He, he, sorry."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#174 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam nods to both Marge and Griff. Yes. I think asking Narrissa and Randall might be a good idea. And you are correct Master Grimm. I believe this would be a good way to establish an initial foundation that could work in that way, where a representative to each trade, for lack of a better way to put it, has a representative on the council so all parties feel they have a voice protecting their interests.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#175 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm

"I don't have a big interest in meddling into this sort of affairs any deeper but, what about an adventurers guild? After all, there are many of us around, paying our lodging and helping the town as best we can. At least all those that I've met so far."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam to Grimm. That is a capital idea. Anyone you have in mind for a position on the council. With respect, it would need to be someone more... eh... stable? I can see that being a seat that is often vacated by absence one way or another. But I suppose we can sort that detail later.

So... we have so far:
Marge for the Waterbearers.
Caleb for the Farmers.
I'm unsure where I could fall into this... I'm not seeking leadership... Ideally I would be able to step back from all this and just care for my animals... and Balm willing begin brewing mead if my poor bees can catch up against this island.
And Grimm proposes an adventurer's guild. I like the idea.
I suppose we could have a crafter's guild for anyone who is skilled in woodcraft or our blacksmith.
Of course there are business owners like Randall and Narissa who deserve as voice as well.

That is 5 positions. 6 if we find someone stable to represent law enforcement and the militia. I like that fellow we worked with in the rescue mission, Jumbo. He has a good head on his shoulders and understands the spirit behind the idea of the militia to begin with.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#177 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ive noticed that auto-correct doesnt like the name Jombo. :lol:

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#178 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm

"I'm afraid I can't help you with the nomination of a representative for an adventurer's guild. Or any other for that matter. I barely know anyone here. I would say you, but Glansandi would have more reasons to spread rumors about you wanting to have more power.

Don't ever think of me, although I can well imagine that you haven't! Ha! I like to be on my own, and more on the outdoors than in a town.

Besides, I'm a dwarf and people here don't like me because they think I'm a Stonegut. No, sir, my gut is flesh and... uh... belly! Like the gods intended."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#179 Post by OGRE MAGE »

As the group talks things over, they see Constable Glansandi walking back in their direction. He calls out as he approaches, looking even more ashen hued than normal.

“You folks wouldn’t be talking about me now, would you?”

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#180 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam looks up at the sickly constable. A look a genuine concern is plain to see on his face. Constable... are you sure you are alright? With respect, sir... You look horrible... We could have Lady Daisy have a look at you... You must have contracted some sort of fever...

Return to “Big Shiny Island (1E Sandbox, with real sand)”