Chat

LtTibbles
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Chat

#221 Post by LtTibbles »

Man, seeing my rolls in this game is making me nervous about how my rolls will be in my other games :shock:

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#222 Post by sonofotho »

badams30 wrote:
sonofotho wrote:
Longfingers wrote:Sorry for lack of posting. Hectic all round, although given the current party configuration I can just about get away with being quiet! :)
No worries - I was delinquent in my duties yesterday as well. Too much vacation! :lol:
How's the water, Charles? We had a little scare on Friday - the place that owns the condo we're renting at Isle of Palms calls us and says "There's been a fire at the condo, and it's not avail for the time you booked it for." Misty was pretty upset, the kids were freaking out, and luckily she managed to find another condo (same complex, thankfully, as it's very kid friendly) and it's a bit cheaper, so that works out well. So vacation saved!
So we're gearing up to head down Saturday. Time for some sunburn and chasing kids around the beach...
Beach is great. Water temp is probably 83-85. Kids loving it!

Sorry to hear about your condo, but I guess it may end up working out better in the end! Enjoy it when you get there!

Captain Kinkajou
Ranger
Ranger

#223 Post by Captain Kinkajou »

Saying this to everyone, but Charles in particular, I've obviously been using a degree of poetic licence with the effects of the paralysis but am hopefully not over-doing it. I've really been enjoying the sense of embarking into the unknown that we've cultivated in the game so far and I was keen for this not to just be a known / by the book "oh yeah, Jayamanka gets paralyzed and goes stiff for a few hours." To me, it feels like we wouldn't really know what to expect if this were actually happening, so that's what I'm aiming at. Based on the game so far, roleplaying it out like it's for real seems more in keeping with this group (which is one of the awesome things about you guys! :D) but I thought I should check that I'm reading that right and not derailing things by embellishing / going over the top with it?

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#224 Post by sonofotho »

Personally, I think it's great! I also struggled with how much info to give you about the paralysis. Most of the monsters you guys encounter will not be from the books (4S or DnD), although some may be slightly reskinned. I will try and give you enough info to be able to make sense of things, but some stuff you'll need to figure out through experience.

9littlebees
Tracker
Tracker

#225 Post by 9littlebees »

sonofotho wrote:Personally, I think it's great! I also struggled with how much info to give you about the paralysis. Most of the monsters you guys encounter will not be from the books (4S or DnD), although some may be slightly reskinned. I will try and give you enough info to be able to make sense of things, but some stuff you'll need to figure out through experience.
Perfect!!

Nitehood
Strider
Strider

#226 Post by Nitehood »

Hello all, I think I will bow out at this time. I am so far behind now and I cannot catch up or keep up with the group. I am having a great time in the game.
Some of you other players post almost every day and are way more flamboyant than I am. You do this a lot and some of you are in many different games, according to your signature, so you do this alot.

I really want to play, but I cannot keep up. :cry: I work Monday -Friday, on computers and those days are pretty easy for me, but weekends I am away from tech.

Thank you for including me in the game and being patient with me so far, as it has been a lot of fun. I would like to still follow your adventures and perhaps join in another game in the fall. I am sorry to let you down.

Brian aka.. Fiddleback
~ Fiddleback
Shaman (Lvl 01) in sonofotho’s Sharp Swords & Sinister Spells campaign
May Nature be at your side, The elements watch your back, and your enemy always in front of you

LtTibbles
Ranger
Ranger

#227 Post by LtTibbles »

Aww man, I'm sorry to see you go Nitehood I hope to see yoku again in another game when you get the chance!

9littlebees
Tracker
Tracker

#229 Post by 9littlebees »

I'll echo the others - sorry to see you bow out and maybe see you back in the future!

Longfingers
Scout
Scout

#230 Post by Longfingers »

All the best Brian. Hope you're OK and that our paths cross again in future.

Longfingers
Scout
Scout

#231 Post by Longfingers »

Thought you folks would like to know, I'm making some pregens up for a convention game of SS&SS I'm going to be running in about 10 days, and I've decided to use the party as templates :D Not going to copy stats, but I plan on making them up to broadly resemble what we've got as it covers a nice mix of options.

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#232 Post by sonofotho »

Thanks for playing Brian! All the best!

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#233 Post by sonofotho »

Longfingers wrote:Thought you folks would like to know, I'm making some pregens up for a convention game of SS&SS I'm going to be running in about 10 days, and I've decided to use the party as templates :D Not going to copy stats, but I plan on making them up to broadly resemble what we've got as it covers a nice mix of options.
Sounds awesome - please let us know how the party fares!

Nitehood
Strider
Strider

#234 Post by Nitehood »

Longfingers wrote:Thought you folks would like to know, I'm making some pregens up for a convention game of SS&SS I'm going to be running in about 10 days, and I've decided to use the party as templates :D Not going to copy stats, but I plan on making them up to broadly resemble what we've got as it covers a nice mix of options.
Go for it, Stats and all if you want. Tell us how the game goes.
~ Fiddleback
Shaman (Lvl 01) in sonofotho’s Sharp Swords & Sinister Spells campaign
May Nature be at your side, The elements watch your back, and your enemy always in front of you

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#235 Post by badams30 »

Awesome.

Captain Kinkajou
Ranger
Ranger

#236 Post by Captain Kinkajou »

sonofotho wrote:
Sounds awesome - please let us know how the party fares!
+1 to this :D

Longfingers
Scout
Scout

#237 Post by Longfingers »

Oh, and my gaming group's current GM is on holiday for 2 weeks so I'm stepping into the breach tonight with another SS&SS one shot.

LtTibbles
Ranger
Ranger

#238 Post by LtTibbles »

That is so awesome! Please let us know how it goes!

9littlebees
Tracker
Tracker

#239 Post by 9littlebees »

Also a +1 from me to use our party stats and all. Looking forward to hearing how it and the one-shot go!

Longfingers
Scout
Scout

#240 Post by Longfingers »

So the one shot went fine. I'm really fond of Michael Prescott's adventure locations - just a little strangeness without being totally gonzo, which I think pairs really well with SS&SS. This time our intrepid heroes were exploring a mysterious hidden temple to a pantheon of dead gods. They didn't acquire any serious loot, but the scout is now the vessel for the spirit of a goddess of entropy. The goddess gifted her with the power of unmaking (i.e. Unravelling the fabric of something to the point that it ceases to exist, in other words Disintegration) but she doesn't yet know that if she hasn't chosen to use it by the end of the day, the goddess will force her to use it!

Return to “sonofotho’s Sandbox (Sharp Swords & Sinister Spells)”