CHAPTER 7a: Under the Gam'A Zone

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: CHAPTER 7a: Under the Gam'A Zone

#201 Post by Norjax »

Surprised by the constructs ‘emotional’ outburst, Blixx continues to examine the map under the glass floor. The mothish mutant determines the loose translations of ErtAej@ “Turntable”, Opf%) ”Pod Parking” and YhE%53 “Station Stop”.

He continues to work on other translations.

Actions?

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#202 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack thinks for a moment as things are translated "Wounder if this place is a mine of some sort....then again what exactly did they mine here? Energy?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#203 Post by greyarea »

Denslow says, They mired the walls well. No roots.

I hope they didn't mine bugs. I've had enough of those.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#204 Post by Norjax »

“I don’t think this is a mine”, Blixx adds. “These large geometric areas marked YbGGh*#8<yuiSw can be translated as “City Terminal”. I see no evidence of excavation or construction terminology.”

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#205 Post by greyarea »

Denslow says, helpfully, So this was the death of the city? Perhaps it was a warning, that the city was soon to die.

GreyWolfVT

#206 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack "I think you are thinking of the wrong kind of terminal Denslow. A terminal usually is or was a central computer or a central place. So this was some sort of underground city then. Hmm which brings me to wonder if it isn't run by one of the factions mentioned in Haggleton that is in a war with the others to control the area out here."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#207 Post by Norjax »

“If my ancient Ongish interpretation is correct, ‘terminal’ is a collection of travel routes that end and begin at a central location,” Blixx offers. “These Terminals are located at population centers common in the ancient world.”

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#208 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri wanders back over to the map "There's no obvious way of getting that door open, unless we force it"

he peers again at the map "Those little triangle flags look to be where we found the parked pod. Maybe we should visit one of these City Terminals, there might be some interesting artefacts there."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#209 Post by Urson »

Belial

Belial is a simple creature, with simple tastes. Let's do something- this is so totally boring....

He crouches on one of the seats and rummages in his pack, digging out some dried fruit and eating it noisily.
FA FO

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#210 Post by Zhym »

"Excitement is overrated," counters Kurot.

GreyWolfVT

#211 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack "I wonder if this place is worth reporting to someone in Hagalton?" he muses out loud to nobody particular.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#212 Post by greyarea »

Denslow says, in reply to Jack, You mean like staking a claim? While I hope we can find things of value here and return to "mine" the ancients' artifacts, I'm not sure we want to reveal its presence without some legal way to hold it for ourselves. Else, this place might be overrun with treasure hunters.

GreyWolfVT

#213 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack "Better prospectors than what I have heard is out here. That and I'm starting to long for a civilized area rather than digging around a mine playing with bugs and worms." the one time sheriff admits.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#214 Post by Urson »

Belial

The baboon looks up from grooming his leg fur. Duude! We find some portable goodies, we go back, we tell folks we found this place....We score some sweet lovin'! Primo idea- All the ladies love a rich dude!
FA FO

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#215 Post by Zhym »

"I...don't know that that helps me," says Kurot the android, glancing downward.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#216 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri looks at the artificial man with some sympathy "Perhaps we will find you some new parts"

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#217 Post by Norjax »

After exploring the limits of this room and open side passages, you discover the following items of interest:
  • A = Locked door
    B = Locked door
    C = (3) glass panels with various containers and packages behind the glass. They look old and petrified.
    D = A mummified corpse, human, clothes are rotten.

The side room with the glass panels contains tables and chairs arranged in a haphazard manner. Everything in this room is old, ancient and appears undisturbed for centuries.

MAP:

Actions?

GreyWolfVT

#218 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jack goes over to the mummified body and searches it over for anything of use or to identify it.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#219 Post by greyarea »

Denslow jiggers with the glass panels, trying to see if he can get access without breaking the glass. I bet someone in town would pay good coin for unbroken glass like this, he muses. He wants to examine the old containers and packages more closely.

Are these separate glass panels, perhaps different alcoves within, or is it one large alcove with three glass panels covering it, like a display case of some sort?

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#220 Post by Norjax »

Denslow runs his tendrils across the glass windows, trying to gain access to the space beyond. Each piece forms the wall of an alcove having a slightly different size. The plantient cannot find any latches or dials that would indicate an opening mechanism. The only noticeable feature is a 3"X6" smooth, black glass panel to the right of each panel around mid-way up the wall.

Jack searches through the remains of the mummified corpse. He finds dusty and moldy remains of objects now unidentifiable and a ring with several (4) corroded metal keys attached.

Actions?

Return to “Archive”