Elerik

Elerik will continue searching and cataloging the crates and barrels

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: IC I

#302 Post by thirdkingdom »

Rex wrote:Drust

"The foul brute succumbed to the mighty Preacher. Can you tell us how far to your village?"
Ralgil Bao, Gnome

"Er, I'm not sure where we are, actually. I was part of a caravan heading to Highforge when we were attacked by this brute. All my companions were slain, or captured and eaten. I am the only survivor, that I know of. I was knocked unconscious and came to here, bound and gagged, and watched in horror as one by one my kinsmen were spitted and eaten. Our warren is some forty miles north of Highforge, if that means anything to you."

Sure as shit, the ground around the campfire is littered with bones. Some of them look to be relatively fresh, and gnome-sized.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#303 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Nerith "Caravan this far off the roads?" he asks the gnome. "Glad we're doing what we are or else we'd likely never have found you."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#304 Post by thirdkingdom »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Nerith "Caravan this far off the roads?" he asks the gnome. "Glad we're doing what we are or else we'd likely never have found you."
Ralgil Bao, Gnome

"There are no roads out here," he says, "just a few worn trails we follow south."

GreyWolfVT

#305 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Nerith "We'll we're out here surveying the land to help get a road built out here. How well do you know the trails you spoke of and are they suitable for possibly turning into roads? Or do you often run into giants and goblins on them?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#306 Post by thirdkingdom »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Nerith "We'll we're out here surveying the land to help get a road built out here. How well do you know the trails you spoke of and are they suitable for possibly turning into roads? Or do you often run into giants and goblins on them?"
Ralgil Bao, Gnome

"I mean, the world's a dangerous place, comrade. Traveling through the wilderness is not without risk, of course, and we though we were well prepared to tackle whatever the wilderness had to throw at us. Obviously, we were wrong."

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#307 Post by ybn1197 »

"No matter how strong or big you consider yourself, on any given day you may encounter someone who is stronger or bigger. The caravan learned that hard lesson the day they encountered this brute. He himself learned the same lesson today," Bodhi says to no one and everyone.

GreyWolfVT

#308 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Nerith "True. I think the key with brutes like that is to use similar tactics that we used bit if the beast gets the jump on you it's harder to setup a multiple directional attack. At any rate we should see to a way of getting the good you had and yourself to the nearest town."

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#309 Post by thirdkingdom »

Ralgil Bao

"So, I'm appreciative that you rescued me, but I have no wealth at the present with which to offer recompense. However! I am sure that if I were returned to Smallburrow my clansmen will reward you justly for my rescue!"

GreyWolfVT

#310 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Nerith "I seek no reward I would rescue anyone just because it is the right thing to do. How far is Smallburrow from where we are? We're heading towards Threshold trying to survey the land to help get a road built between Threshold and Penhaligon."

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#311 Post by thirdkingdom »

thirdkingdom wrote:
Rex wrote:Drust

"The foul brute succumbed to the mighty Preacher. Can you tell us how far to your village?"
Ralgil Bao, Gnome

"Er, I'm not sure where we are, actually. I was part of a caravan heading to Highforge when we were attacked by this brute. All my companions were slain, or captured and eaten. I am the only survivor, that I know of. I was knocked unconscious and came to here, bound and gagged, and watched in horror as one by one my kinsmen were spitted and eaten. Our warren is some forty miles north of Highforge, if that means anything to you."

Sure as shit, the ground around the campfire is littered with bones. Some of them look to be relatively fresh, and gnome-sized.

GreyWolfVT

#312 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Nerith "Exactly how far north of Highforge is the warren?" he rephrases his question showing the map he has to the gnome.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#313 Post by thirdkingdom »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Nerith "Exactly how far north of Highforge is the warren?" he rephrases his question showing the map he has to the gnome.
Ralgil Bao, Gnome.

Ralgil looks at Nerith strangely. "About 40 miles?"

EDIT: He points to hex 26.21. "About here."

GreyWolfVT

#314 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Nerith "Well then I suppose we could alter out route as that's a ways north of how we had hoped to go."

Bigtaff
Ranger
Ranger

#315 Post by Bigtaff »

Elerik

"I agree with my comrade Nerith. We don't need anything for saving you, it was the right thing to do."
Plus with 10,000gp to move we don't need any more.
Elerik wanders around the site looking for anything that could be repurposed into some kind of transport to help move all that coin.

hammerHead
Tracker
Tracker

#316 Post by hammerHead »

Bigtaff wrote:Elerik

"I agree with my comrade Nerith. We don't need anything for saving you, it was the right thing to do."
Elerik wanders around the site looking for anything that could be repurposed into some kind of transport to help move all that coin.
Preacher Cardicus

Yes, vindication of our cause was ours, today, adds the cleric, thoughtfully.
Rules:
Midlands: https://lowfantasygaming.files.wordpres ... -10-16.pdf
Shroom: https://mega.nz/#!uSBHWIJD!vxDZlE_dOoua ... N1vbDqqu1E

Hradian the Rogue: The Midlands [LFG]
Ritbert the Bold: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (OSRIC)

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#317 Post by thirdkingdom »

Bigtaff wrote:Elerik

How many mules did you guys buy? I know there is at least one; not sure if a second one was bought?

hammerHead
Tracker
Tracker

#318 Post by hammerHead »

We had two with coin offered for a third.
Rules:
Midlands: https://lowfantasygaming.files.wordpres ... -10-16.pdf
Shroom: https://mega.nz/#!uSBHWIJD!vxDZlE_dOoua ... N1vbDqqu1E

Hradian the Rogue: The Midlands [LFG]
Ritbert the Bold: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (OSRIC)

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#319 Post by thirdkingdom »

hammerHead wrote:
We had two with coin offered for a third.
Let's assume you guys have two mules, then, unless a third one is listed on a character sheet at this time. Mules can carry 30 items (3000 coins) while moving at 120' per round, and 60 items (6000 coins) while moving at 60' per round.
It takes an hour or so before Elerik can catalog all of the contents of the containers. There are a half-dozen barrels, containing some sort of liquid, each weighing around 90 pounds (15 items each). Three of the boxes contain ceramic bowls, skillfully thrown and glazed, but unfortunately at least half of them are broken. The crates are bulky, each weighing about 60 pounds (10 items each). Three more crates contain -- or rather, contained -- some king of colored glassware, but the only thing left in the three containers are brightly colored shards. The final crate contains the most curious items: metal contrivances crafted in the shapes of songbirds, each delicate and life-like, and with a sort of key protruding from the back. The adventurers have never seen such things. This final crate weighs about forty pounds (8 items), and luckily its contents appear undamage.

GreyWolfVT

#320 Post by GreyWolfVT »

As for the mules Nerith bought one himself and paid for part of the cost for the second. After that the third was up to the others to pay for. So for certain we have at least 2 mules.
Nerith alters his map to veer north into the area near where the gnome indicated his warren is. "I think altering the road plan to include your warren would be a nice adjustment." he informes the gnome.

Return to “Across the Known World (B/X retro)”