Scenario #1: Goblintown - Stop the Adventurers!

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Scenario #1: Goblintown - Stop the Adventurers!

#1 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Vile Adventurers!
A foraging goblin returns to camp with a strange poster nobody so far can read the thing but he reports seeing a human post it outside the ruined tower atop the hill. Nobody thinks much of it since nobody can read it. Then later in the day two goblins that look like they've been running for a day, inform the tribe that they are from a clan of goblins to the West of here, and that a band of adventurers decimated their tribe and they are the only two survivors.

Goblin 1 "We were out hunting at the time of the attack. There was a dwarf among them." the first goblin says fear evident in his voice.

Goblin 2 shaking his head as the first goblin talks, he then adds "Yes we, were hunting. Then we return home to find whole tribe dead. One of them had fire hands, and they had big man in shiny armor too."

Goblin 1 then jumps back into the conversation "They had pointy eared elves too. We join Yar-Gock tribe? We have no where else to go."

Goblin 2 shakes his head stupidly once more "Yes, yes we join Yar-Gocks? Oh don't forget the one who look like shadows" both appearing desperate to join your tribe. They wait for an answer.

Praek - Mogur for Yar-Gock tribe considers the plea for the two goblins to join the tribe then consults a group of the other goblins (All of the PC Goblins confer and decide Yes or No to allow these two goblins to join your tribe or not.) "Maybe me send a third of Yar-Gocks to colonize the caves of the tribe to the west." he ponders this for a little bit then shakes his head "No that bad idea. We leave caves to west alone for now."

Actions?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Scenario #1: Goblintown - Stop the Adventurers!

#2 Post by Dram »

Slog - How does ya knaw wat ta bad guys luke like if ya was out hunting? I say tey can join us. As guard at frunt af cave. with Dworg if they runs away he will cut off tere ears.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Madadam bows low to Praek, almost touching his nose to the ground.Mighty Mogur Praek. These two are cowards and food and Jonahs. Them's gonna show the pink-things to us now. Bring dem's bad, bad luck to us, they is. Sacrifice them for Bargrivyek so he lead the pink-things away.

Biskins Clickjaw isn't so sure, but he sure doesn't want to split a meal, either. And Slog made a good point. Or make them toil for us, digging traps for our enemies and food. He also bows low, showing his deference to Praek, who will surely see how strong and clever Biskins is. How useful he is. And then I'll get more food and a steel knife

GreyWolfVT

#4 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Praek thinks for a moment "We make em stay in gallery like we do children becoming adult. They make it through night an can guard slaves." the chieftain decides. "If they no make it we cook em."

The two goblins look scared but stupidly agree to the challenge.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by shaidar »

Upchuck listens to the discussion, scratching his warty chin.

After Praek makes his announcement he bows to their leader A wise decision my Mogur. Bargrivyek, and ancestor spirits, will decide their worthyness, he looks at the newcomers and cackles with delight.

GreyWolfVT

#6 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Praek hands the parchment the humans were posting up that was brought to him over to Upchuck "You read here what this say?"

Upchuck takes the parchment and looks it over essentially it is a poster to attract the attention of potential henchmen and allies the mission to "Wipeout the Great Goblin Threat" as they have put it on the parchment for all purposes it appears to be a recruitment poster to gather more locals and mercenary types to help hunt down goblins.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by shaidar »

Upchuck looks at Praek and then the group Surface folks are afraid of goblins, they call on thier kind to wipe out 'The Great Goblin Threat'. We must prepare, and I must seek guidance from the ancestors.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Rex »

Zilch Pit Digger

Zilch listens intently to the news and looks out across the assembled goblins. "We must prepare traps and post extra watchers, Zilch hates Pointy Ears!"

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Dram »

Retch - I wills send Gock to the south entranse to stand gardz. Slog can helps builds the traps. I will prepare a group for ambushen ta rotten lightskinz.

Gock - Butz I dose wantz ta stand gardz.Retch gives him a smack in the back of his head. Otayz, I need 2 morz of ya ta comes with me.

Slog - Seeing the Gock get hit. Yez I wilz hepls builds the trapz. Hopes it dooz not kilz me like Swarg.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Madadam points out that the clan has precious-little oil, rope and other supplies. The human village is good for getting stuffs we need. Send some warriors tonight to take our needs. He is willing to accompany a warband.

Biskins agrees to go to the village. He flexes his muscles, Me strong and carry much goodies.

Flea Bottom is happy to prepare traps but will need a lot of direction, being as dumb as they come.

GreyWolfVT

#11 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Praek considers the events carefully and before dismissing the little gathering of his more trusted goblin advisers he mentions aloud "Maybe we send third of tribe to start second goblin village in other caves......" he trails off there for a moment before continuing shaking his head no "No that bad idea, me not do that. We keep whole of tribe here to prepare defenses for humans and other evil adventurers." he is determined and has made up his mind after all Praek is the clever goblin how else did he get to be Mogur for the tribe. "Go start planning and getting traps in place. Make good defense to stop them." he ends the meeting and waves his hands at everyone gathered.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Three days later Praek summons the council once more he has just learned of more bad news. "We have to stop the adventurer threat!" he shouts out to the council "Me just learn we lost a hunting party. Five goblins went hunting last night and did not return before sun come up today. This why me call you all today. Me think them adventuring ones kill them, but me want you to go and look for the hunting party. Find out what happen to them. They holding up our dinner! Assemble a team and go find them!" he finalizes his order.

Actions?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by shaidar »

Snotrag bows to their leader "I will goze and finds the hunting party, mighty Praek", he pauses expectantly and glances sideways at his brother, Spittle, only to find him standing there with one dirty green finger rummaging around in a nostril, drooling. After a few seconds Snotrag pokes his brother in the ribs, making him jump. Spittle looks around confused, before nodding profusely "um, yes mighty Praek, me tooz"

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Any chance that we were allowed to send a raiding party to the town after the first meeting?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Rex »

Pygmy, Twerp and Zilch are all willing to raid the local village for supplies.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Dram »

Retch- I'z wilz goze finz hoontin perty. Kilz me somz adventurzes.

Gock- I'z goze stanz guard.

Slog- I go takes a napz.

Retch gives slog a smack Yuze finiz buildz traps than sleepz!
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Biskinz and Flea agree to go looking for the hunters.

Madadam decides to stay and oversee the trap construction.

GreyWolfVT

#17 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Search Party

Praek looks for volunteers and finds them the search party is sent off to locate the missing hunting party and the delayed dinner for the tribe and Praek. The search party finds the area the hunting party was hunting and and discovers the five missing goblins headless bodies beside the pond at the bottom of the hill. From the injuries, it appears they fought a battle with several well-armed foes who took the heads afterward as trophies. The tracks of several people one of them wearing distinctive iron-shod boots (a noted dwarven trait) lead from the battle site back to the road. The search party returns to give Praek the news. Learning this news, the Mogur calls a tribal council that every member of the Yar-Gocks must attend.

Praek retells a story of the last conflicts the Yar-Gocks had with the humans.
" It be 10 years back, the village elder of Ardeche placed bounty on all goblins. He pay 10 silver for goblin head from town treasury for our heads. Grisly trophies for filthy humans." he pauses for effect and to let that news sink into the tribe. Then begins again " Time to time one of our kin kill human alone in woods or on road. Then humans kill one of us if we get close to town. But no killing of scale this big for long time, several years maybe." again the tribe leaders pauses for a moment allowing the tribe to let the information sink in. "They kill whole hunting party. So to must same number of them be killed! But that no happen, this not good sign. This very bad sign to Yar-Gocks!" he intones with distinct concern in his voice. At this time Praek opens the floor to all goblins to offer advice and speak their mind in the council meeting.

Actions?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by shaidar »

Upchuck rattles his bone club clack clack clack as his eyes roll back in his head and he lets out a low moan and shudders

he speaks in a croaky voice "die, die, DIE! Humans must die!"

he seems to recover himself

"Mighty Praek, the ancestors whisper to me from the land of the gods, revenge is what they wants. We can use the raid on their village to prove to them how mighty the tribe is! Kill them as they sleeps, they's not worthy of anything else"

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Madadam rubs his throat, hoping his own head will not be severed from his body.Big nasties deserve death, he agrees.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Rex »

Pygmy "Kill many, must have revenge."

Twerp "We must not make the ancestors angry, destroy the village."

Zilch Seeming to think it over a bit. "I think we should light the building with the most of them in it on fire and wait for them to run out and kill them as they flee."

Return to “Archive”