Witty Banter "OOC" stuff

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Witty Banter "OOC" stuff

#1 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alright yes this is out all things out of character and other goofing off and non-in-character chatter.

Welcome to the reverse dungeon folks. I'll inform you this is a first for all of us, not excluding myself. There is a lot of information to put out there for you guys and myself so hopefully it is not a lot to take in. I'm working on posting up information for the first part of this.

I will let you all know that the players get to "design" the dungeon the maps have areas listed however you all get to place the traps and so forth. There is a listing of types of traps you all can place/create. If you need I can make a post for you all to talk about placement of traps otherwise you can do so in either spoilers or PMs. I suppose I could talk with Greg about private forum for only the players can see that would be a little odd but it might be possible.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Witty Banter "OOC" stuff

#2 Post by shaidar »

still lots to read, but looking forward to this.

i've rolled up 3 ordinary goblins, but i'm willing to play a witch-doctor if we want one.

GreyWolfVT

#3 Post by GreyWolfVT »

shaidar wrote:still lots to read, but looking forward to this.

i've rolled up 3 ordinary goblins, but i'm willing to play a witch-doctor if we want one.
Yes I apologize there is a lot of information for the players in this but it is there for your benefits. I'm not objecting to any witch-doctor or specialty Goblin if someone wants to make one so be it. I am glad that you made 3 goblin PC's I'd suggest that everyone make 1-4 goblin PC's up sort of like a Zero Level funnel. But don't make more than you are able to handle. My main goal here is to play something different and for us all to enjoy the game. :D

Also Shaidar I love the goblin names you went with. :)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by shaidar »

As said in the 'Looking for' thread, I'm thinking of converting Upchuck into a special goblin, either WD or Shaman, but I dont want to tread on any toes.

GreyWolfVT

#5 Post by GreyWolfVT »

shaidar wrote:As said in the 'Looking for' thread, I'm thinking of converting Upchuck into a special goblin, either WD or Shaman, but I dont want to tread on any toes.
That's fine by me. We can have a couple shaman goblins and one witch doctor.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by shaidar »

So, I've converted Upchuck to a Witch Doctor and chosen invocation/evocation as his arcane school (illusion/phantasm was a close second choice). How do we determine known spells?

He'll get 1 priest spell and 1 MU spell, correct.

What about weapons for special gobbo's?

GreyWolfVT

#7 Post by GreyWolfVT »

shaidar wrote:So, I've converted Upchuck to a Witch Doctor and chosen invocation/evocation as his arcane school (illusion/phantasm was a close second choice). How do we determine known spells?

He'll get 1 priest spell and 1 MU spell, correct.

What about weapons for special gobbo's?
Weapons like the quote below shows however since they are "special" I'd say they can also have a quarterstaff, or club, they can also have a stone dagger or bone dagger. Both of the daggers are in the arms and equipment guide for 2nd edition if you have it if not here is the information for both weapons:

Stone Dagger: Wt. 1, Size: Small, Type: Piercing, Speed: 2, Dmg: 1d3/1d2
Bone Dagger: Wt. 1, Size: Small, Type: Piercing, Speed: 2, Dmg: 1d2/1d2
Damage: 1d6 (spear, club, stone-headed mace, short sword) or 1d4 (sling stone). The Yar-Gock tribe lacks the capacity to make metal weapons, but they have a small hoard of short swords and metal-tipped spears looted from unsuccessful adventurers in the past. Most of these are in the hands of the tribal leader (the Mogur) and his bodyguards; the rest of the goblin warriors have to make do with flint-headed spears, clubs, and sling stones (ld4 damage per stone).
As for spells I'll get back to you on that one just need to do some quick reading/research. :)

GreyWolfVT

#8 Post by GreyWolfVT »

So regarding the spells for a witch doctor I decided via pm to shaidar you get the same sphere for clerical spells that the shaman is allowed. As for the mage class spells no limitations initially I said 1/2 max # of spells fr your intelligence score but since the rolls are less than normal if you were making a non monster PC I think I will allow for 6 spells in your "book" that you can study and change up daily also I'm going to say clerical spells you can pray for on the spot rather than this is what you asked for for the day and now you are stuck with it. I can roll a "gods favor" check if we want to add a twist to it and see if your god grants you the different spell. but this part I'll leave as optional.

GreyWolfVT

#9 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Also note in the House Rules: & Overriding Rules section I added some additional weapons that are allowed from the Arms & Equipment Book for 2nd Edition.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

1. House rules say re-roll if you get a 1 in stat generation. How can that happen if it is 2d6?
2. The book mentions the tribe should have either a shaman or a witch doctor, not both. And not more than one shaman or witch doctor at a time. Your thoughts?

GreyWolfVT

#11 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:1. House rules say re-roll if you get a 1 in stat generation. How can that happen if it is 2d6?
2. The book mentions the tribe should have either a shaman or a witch doctor, not both. And not more than one shaman or witch doctor at a time. Your thoughts?
My thoughts are I'm overriding some of that. I'm fine with one of each for the Shaman and Witch Doctor. I'm classifying the Witch-Doctor at a "higher" level than the Shaman. Mostly because one is clerical spell caster the other is both mage and cleric in spell casting. The 1 can easily be re-rolled it's 2d6 if a d6 comes up 1 re-roll it. don't do the macro as [2d6] do 2 separate [1d6] [1d6] macros when rolling for stats. Also you don't have to roll in order you can do similar to the roll methods where you roll the 6 different stat rolls and place in the stat you want it in.

Side Note: I really love the names you guys are coming up with for the Goblins. :D

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Shoot. I already rolled as 2d6. I'm guessing if I rolled a 2 or 3, then one (or both) was a 1. But I'm fine with the rolls as is. Two of those characters really defied the odds.

If no one else objects, I'll keep the shaman. Let me know. I am fine going either way. :)

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by shaidar »

I did the same, rolling [2d6], so should we reroll stats if we want, or just 2's and 3's, or leave it?

I'm cool for both a shaman and a WD in the group.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I think it would be cool if someone convinced Praek to assign those two new goblins to us for now. We can use them as fodder. They are likely sure for another class, anyhow, trying to figure out our weaknesses so they can invade and enslave us.

GreyWolfVT

#15 Post by GreyWolfVT »

shaidar wrote:I did the same, rolling [2d6], so should we reroll stats if we want, or just 2's and 3's, or leave it?

I'm cool for both a shaman and a WD in the group.
I'll leave it up to you but yeah if you rolled as 2d6 then just simply re-roll for any stat you have a 2 or 3 result in. But that's "dealers choice" up to you.

The two other goblins that reported the adventurers are merely optional you don't have to let them join the clan/tribe. You likely would not want them as your own characters they are quite cowardly. But that was a bad DM meta-game statement sorry. :shock:

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by shaidar »

well I rerolled a stat each for Spittle and Snotrag, so in both cases 3's became 5's.

GreyWolfVT

#17 Post by GreyWolfVT »

shaidar wrote:well I rerolled a stat each for Spittle and Snotrag, so in both cases 3's became 5's.
Very well that works for me. ;)

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#18 Post by Zeromancer »

Hello folks. For some reason I wasn't aware that a forum had already been set up for this game. After perusing the OOC thread I noticed that my relinquishment of the Shaman/Witch Doctor was not mentioned, so here I am, mentioning it. I deliberated for a time on a few concepts, and aside from some cool spellcasting movements and rituals, I couldn't really come up with a character of that archetype that I liked. I'll stick with a couple of fighters and a thief.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Hey Zeromancer. Messages are spread out through the sign up thread and this forum. Are you saying you had wanted a spell caster? If so, I'm happy to relinquish my caster - either the character type or the whole PC, stats and all.

Let me know. As I'm happy to play the warriors and just try to keep the magic users alive. :)

Sorry for any confusion.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by shaidar »

Hey Zeromancer. I've said multiple times in various threads that I don't want to step on any toes, so if you really wanted a WD I'd turn Upchuck back into a warrior.

Return to “The Reverse Dungeon (AD&D 2e)”