Home Sweet Home

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Home Sweet Home

#501 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Exiting the bedrooms again, Fin sees the F he hacked into the wooden door across the hallway.

This triggers his memory about a course that was already discussed.

viewtopic.php?f=552&t=7303&start=420#p381256

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#502 Post by scottjen »

We are in Hallway 2 right?
Zefarrel: I say we go through the portal on the east end as that came from the monster cube, so I figure it is likely it won't go back there.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#503 Post by Rex »

Elitir

"It doesn't matter to me, I just want to give one a shot and see what happens."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#505 Post by Alethan »

Finnigan follows.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#506 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Back to the Kitchen
Day 3
Mid Morning

Sprig sneezes. Twice.

Zefarrel suggests going through the eastern portal in this second found hallway, certain it shouldn't bring them back into the dangerous game room where they left the dying Pumfrey 2 days ago now. She is correct.

The eastern portal takes the party back into a familiar room, the kitchen. Entering through the northern portal this time, they see the same mess they left in here. The blood smears on the floor are long dried by now and the food that was strewn throughout the room is starting to mold and rot. The room does not smell appetizing in the least anymore. But, once searched again, the group finds that the place is still abandoned and the magic of the pantry and freezer still functions normally. All of the many racks and shelves filled with foodstuffs has bee replenished, just as before.

The dead bodies of the berserkers and Joblo are right where you left them on the cold floor of the magically frozen room.

viewtopic.php?f=552&t=7327#p362631

Actions?

Elitir 21/22
Zefarrel 20/20 1/4 first 3/3 second
Grossphil 16/16 2/2 first 1/1 second Invisible
Mac 7/7 2/2 first 1/1 second
Sprig 10/10 2/2 first
Finnigan 25/25

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#507 Post by scottjen »

Zefarrel: I say we go back through this portal we came in on. It is the only one in this room we haven't tried.

CP, please update the maps.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#508 Post by Rex »

Elitir

"Sure, lets try it."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#509 Post by Alethan »

Finnigan nods in agreement and then waits for the half-orc to enter it. Then he follows her.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#510 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Mac

As they enter the kitchen Mac freezes a moment, remembering the carnage of the place. He quickly shakes it off and goes to get a cold drink from the cold room. "Hmm. Looks like this place needs some cleaning. I'll have to return later. Can't have the food area messy."

Mac dutifully follows the crowd.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#511 Post by ChubbyPixie »

“Zeffarel,” says Sprig, sniffling, “you’ll tell me if you run across any scrolls of Cure Disease, won’t you? I have a bad feeling about my condition...” He will follow the others through the portal.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#512 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Back to the Game Room
Day 3
Mid Morning

The party agrees to try the northern portal back out of the kitchen, one of the three they haven’t tried in this room yet.

Sprig let’s Zeff know through his nasally tone that he is a willing candidate if she runs across any strange disease remedies in here. Mac reminds himself to come back here with a broom and mop.

The north portal brings you back to where you didn’t want to be, the large square room with the weapon racks, this time from the west. You can tell direction by the blood smears that remain on the floor from your last viscous battle. The center square walls are closed again. The bodies of Pumfrey and Joblin, left in here almost two days ago now, are nowhere to be seen.

Actions?

In my first post of the MAPS thread, you will see a map of all the rooms you’ve been in already. I’ve indicated where each of the portals you have tried so far leads to.
viewtopic.php?f=552&t=7327&p=354767#p354767

Elitir 21/22
Sprig 10/10 2/2 first
Finnigan 25/25

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#513 Post by Rex »

Elitir

"OK, I say we try the door opposite this time and see where it leads. And if we are in an area we have been before we try a new door we haven't tried before."

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#514 Post by scottjen »

Zefarrel: (to Elitir) Agreed!
Sprig, If I come across such potent magic, you'll be the first one I think of

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#515 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I will press this action along since you are just exploring portals at the moment. Please tell me to stop doing that if you actually want to try something in between rooms. I will stop once you've entered a room that you haven't seen yet.

Leaving the Game Room
Day 3
Mid Morning

Moving across the large room with a purpose, hoping the center walls don't suddenly reveal another surprise, the group leaves again through the eastern portal of this game room.

They enter a familiar hallway again, (9) this time from the north. Finnigan sees the crude F he chopped into the wooden door that leads into the long dead servants quarters.

Sprig sniffles when he thinks about the dead body that he searched in there the last time you were here.

Actions?

Elitir 21/22
Sprig 10/10 2/2 first
Finnigan 25/25

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#516 Post by Rex »

Elitir

Once everyone is through Elitir heads straight across and through the south portal.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#517 Post by Alethan »

Finnigan follows...

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#518 Post by scottjen »

Zefarrel goes through also. I just had the oddest thought - That we should have a large brown dog with us for some reason...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#519 Post by Rex »

Elitir

"That would be good, I like dogs."

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#520 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Sprig, mapping diligently, but realizing he mislabeled a few of their exit and entrance sequences, stops for a second to scratch out some arrows and move them around. "I had the first hallway we encountered confused with the second, I think you can understand (*cough, cough*) and it really made my head hurt. More than from whatever I caught from that... ah... dead servant..." He goes quiet as he contemplates the evidently ultimate result of his little cough, then sighs and follows through the southern void door in what he now clearly knows is what would be "area 9" according to his new system.
Sheesh! :) OK. This mislabeling happened in RL and it really threw me for a loop for a bit. I had to walk back through the posts and compare my maps to OMs until I figured it out. I think it's all straight now. I'll post them all as a master page (like OM did) with the addition of our alphabetically lettered progress...(see Maps thread)

Return to “C3 The Lost Island... (1E Tournament)”