Home Sweet Home

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Home Sweet Home

#541 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Peering through his magical gem of true sight, Mac takes the time to stare at each of the cases and their contents.

He is surprised to find that each item, case, and dead hobgoblin are indeed very real.

Just as he is about to give up, he accidentally notices something through his treasured magic item that isn't real.

A 3'x3' section of the ceiling in this room is clearly an illusion. When Mac looks at it normally, it looks just like solid stone. But once he peers at it through his gem again, there is clearly a square opening in the ceiling directly above the broken display case in the empty quadrant.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#542 Post by Alethan »

Finnigan stares at the broken display case for a moment and then suggests, "Do ya think it's safe to enter this area so we can get a better look at that opening?"
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#543 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Mac

"Interesting. Could it be that someone has found the opening before us and broke the display? That would set off any trap, possibly making it safe for us to follow." Mac seems deep in thought.

Since the area appears empty of those orb things, it may be safe to enter. As for the items in the other areas, they do appear real. I still don't know what those orbs are, or what they do.

Mac smiles. "I seem to recall that someone has boots that would serve nicely in this situation."

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#544 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Contemplating the opening Mac assures them is there, Sprig ponders. “I may be wrong, but I’ll bet there’s a way through that hole from outside this room, which, if found, would allow us to access the cases without crossing the plane of the orange barriers. Also, perhaps there’s a means to rotate the room? In order to access the other cases?”

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#545 Post by Rex »

Elitir

"Agreed Sprig, the question is how do we find it. We can't get to the hole without crossing the boundaries. maybe try to breach the ceiling directly above us?"

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#546 Post by scottjen »

Zefarrel: These are all good thoughts, but as our dwarven friend said: Is it safe to walk into the quadrant with the broken case? I still feel an augury is the wisest course.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#548 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Gingwatzim Room
Day 3
Mid Morning

In the room filled with display cases, with a sign overhead marked Gingwatzim Exhibit, the group ponders their many choices.

Mac tries to get Zefarrel to float up to the ceiling to check the opening, but she declines. Even after resting for the last two days, she still thinks it would be best to wait and rest again so she can pray for new magic, despite the fact that it is still morning at the moment. Sprig is looking much worse as time goes by. He doesn't admit it, but he is really feeling this sickness washing over him. He tentatively agrees with the idea to rest, even though he knows his time in here will be short if they cant find a way out or a remedy for his ailment quickly.

Mac looks around the room again, this time noticing a bit of fine print on the sign overhead that wasn't spotted before.

Actions?

Elitir 21/22
Zefarrel 20/20 1/4 first 3/3 second
Grossphil 16/16 2/2 first 1/1 second Invisible
Mac 7/7 2/2 first 1/1 second
Sprig 10/10 2/2 first
Finnigan 25/25

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#549 Post by scottjen »

Zefarrel: I will see if my trap detection spell helps us here. (casts Find Traps).

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#550 Post by Alethan »

Finnigan squints at the sign and says, "bah... I cain't read it from down here..."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#551 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Gingwatzim Room
Day 3
Mid Morning

Zefarrel enacts a powerful divination, hoping to discover if there are any hidden dangers in the room. Her magic reveals no traps in any of the four quadrants or throughout the room. However, when she looks up into the hole in the ceiling, it is easy to see that there is another full room above this one. She can see a distinct floor, wall, and ceiling that looks very much like the other rooms you have seen already.

Mac clears his throat and reads aloud the smaller words he spots on the overhead sign to the others.

They read:
”In each quadrant are found the three typical forms and one multiform example of the lower orders of Gingwatzim. Do not contact any objects or manifestations behind the painted warning lines.”

Actions?

Elitir 21/22
Sprig 10/10 2/2 first
Finnigan 25/25

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#552 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Mac

"So I'm guessing by our stunned silence, nobody here knows what a Gingwatzim is? Are?" Mac looks around the room for the invisible mage. Grossphil? How about you? You still here?

"I admit, as painfully as it may be, that I have no inkling as to what that is. I can deduce that they are not things of this plane, possibly demonic or perhaps something from the outer planes." Mac strokes his long beard for a moment. "What is similar in each of these quadrants? An orb thing. An item or two of some value. A glass cabinet. Could those things be the manifestations of Gingwatzim?"

"It may require some experimentation."

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#553 Post by scottjen »

Zefarrel: I don't know, maybe some other creature's word for demi-human. I would like to take a look in that hole. But I need Frey's guidance regarding crossing these lines of which we are warned about.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#554 Post by Alethan »

Finnigan looks up, "I say we try and get into that room there. At the very least, it's someplace we've not yet been. Doesn't someone have Boots of Levitation?"

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#555 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Sprig examines the walls thoughtfully. *cough! cough!* "Perhaps I could climb it and gain entrance to the room," he says. "As this particular quadrant is empty, there may be no ill effects. Plus, I'd just as soon push ahead with the time I have left. We've seen the end result of my sickness. There may be a cure - I'd just as soon find it." With that, he begins climbing the wall, intending to cross over into the demarcated area up near the ceiling and make his way over to the hole.
I've got something to say:
It's better to burn out
than to fade away... :)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#556 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Gingwatzim Room
Day 3
Mid Morning

Mac deduces that the entities inside the cases must not be of this plane. A legitimate realization since none of the group has ever even heard of the word Gingwatzim before today.

Knowing full well how this disease ends, Sprig no longer seems interested in sleeping another entire day away in here. He moves to the wall and starts climbing.

The little gnome sticks to the wall like a fly, at first, slowly climbing up to the ceiling. He slowly edges his way over to the hole, crossing the line as he does so. He isn't killed instantly, or turned into a floating sphere of light, but he can tell that his sickness is really taking a toll on his body. His hands start to quake a bit and he quickly becomes short of breath, unusual for him after such a simple climb. He almost starts to cough, but is able to hold it in this time.

He slowly gets himself to the hole and pokes his head through. He does indeed spot another room just above this one, complete with stone walls and more of the ubiquitous black portals.

Actions?

Elitir 21/22
Sprig 10/10 2/2 first
Finnigan 25/25

I will give you a quick map to follow if you continue up into the room.

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#557 Post by scottjen »

Zefarrel: Positions herself underneath the hole and activates her boots, rising up to the hole & Sprig. She gets ready to grab him in case he falls. We might as well enter.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#558 Post by Rex »

Elitir

"Can you trow down a rope, I am not a good wall climber."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#559 Post by Alethan »

Finnigan grumbles something similar to Elitir.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#560 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Gingwatzim Room
Day 3
Mid Morning

Zefarrel spots the tiny thief struggling at the top of the wall, so she walks directly up to the broken case in the quadrant under the opening, passing the warning lines as she does so. She doesn't die.

Activating her boots in order to give the gnome a boost, she floats up to the opening and lifts the struggling Sprig up into the room before he falls. She can tell that he is having a hard time catching his breath from the exertion and he isn't looking any healthier after his climb.

They find themselves in another similar room, this one L shaped like the first area they entered a few days ago. They can see 3 of the 4 black portals, assuming the other may be around the next corner and down the long, unexplored hall.

Elitir and Finn tell them to toss down a rope, but then realize that nobody actually brought any rope along. One by one the group starts taking off their leather belts, hoping they will have enough length to pull themselves up into the ceiling hole as well.

Actions?

Elitir 21/22
Sprig 10/10 2/2 first
Finnigan 25/25

IMG_2209.JPG
IMG_2209.JPG (438.43 KiB) Viewed 2936 times

Return to “C3 The Lost Island... (1E Tournament)”