News & Updates: Libram of the DM: Podcast

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: News & Updates: Libram of the DM: Podcast

#101 Post by rredmond »

More of a classes than races thing, so probably a future episode, but Mr. Nexx aka The Cranky Gamer (http://rpgcrank.blogspot.com/) aka (and for real) Mark Hall came up with an interesting view on Spells & Magic Priests and Character Points here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BJO ... OlndM/edit

Heck, not even sure what Character Points are. :? But the little I've read of it's 19 pages is interesting. :)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#102 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Thanks Ron by the way your question was included in the recording yesterday about the edition comparisons.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT

#103 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Elf episode is live sorry for the long wait. https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/libr ... 0_00-07_00
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

GreyWolfVT

#104 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Due to DM Mike and DM Saul having no power there will not be a recording today. The Half-Orc chapter/episode is only half edited so I do not know when it will go live I will find out more from DM Mike when I can.

GreyWolfVT

#105 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alright correction I just heard they other guys have power again so we are recording Halflings episode tonight not sure on ETA for half-orc release will ask Mike again.

GreyWolfVT

#106 Post by GreyWolfVT »

DM Mike indicates he has the Half-orc episode ready and will post it up this morning.

GreyWolfVT

#107 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sorry here is the direct link on podomatic: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/libr ... 0_16-07_00

However you can also find us but simply searching on iTunes. Google Play Music or Spotify just search Libram of the DM and you should find the podcast.

GreyWolfVT

#108 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alright well I wish i had something to update here but We've recorded 3 episodes and none are live or edited fully. DM Mike the "editing guy" has been really busy with work it gets that way when there are elections in his area going on as he works for some election something or other company and does all the technical support for the election systems. So I'm trying to find out if we are going to be posting any soon or what is going on. DM Saul offered to take over editing now sure where that lies currently. I might offer to do it as well to see if we can get this podcast back on track again. Please hang in there if you are a listener like Daos is. Sorry for the long wait.

GreyWolfVT

#109 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Well latest update is we have 2-3 recordings not edited still "raw" DM Mike has fallen into a busy work time and a bit of a depression so I do not know if or when the last three recorded episodes will be live. I also have great fears that the podcast has come to its end time. But I will update more if i find more out.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#110 Post by dmw71 »

I don't know how you guys have been hosting your podcast, or the tools you've been using, but one of the podcasts I listen to mentions they run theirs on Anchor:
  • "Create and host unlimited episodes, distribute your show everywhere, and make money. All in one place, all for free."
Looking at its list of features, it looks pretty... awesome. I have no idea how it's free? From their FAQ:
  • Is Anchor really free? How is that possible?
    We don’t believe in charging creators to store their work. Our platform helps podcasters monetize their work, and we take an industry-smallest cut of the revenue to make sure we can keep building the best product possible, for free.
  • Who owns the rights to my content if I use Anchor?
    You do, 100%. Creators on Anchor always have and always will own their content. If you’re curious about our license for hosting and distributing your podcast, full details can be found in our Terms of Service here.
Somehow they make it work.

I'm just saying, if your podcast is at risk of being scrapped again, and it's something you want to take over, it might be worth looking into Anchor. There's a 'Switch' tool which might allow you to migrate over all your existing content and then just use the Anchor tools going forward (it looks like you can do everything -- including editing -- from your phone!).

I'm in no way affiliated with it, and have never used it, I just thought I'd mention it since a pretty professional-sounding podcast I listen to praised it and claimed it is what allowed them to get their podcast off the ground.

If I ever do decide to formally launch a podcast, I will definitely be using it to get started.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

GreyWolfVT

#111 Post by GreyWolfVT »

We looked into that Dave and they throw ads in personally that's not something i wanted to do to the podcast. The one we used was free until we started to have too much space used but ad free was a bonus and i think the cost for storage is minimal but again the podcast is likely done since again a month or more break and doesn't help that one of us is not doing well right now plus being busy with work and all that for all 3 of us makes it harder as well.

GreyWolfVT

#112 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Latest I have heard back is that DM Mike is slowly coming out of his depression, however since he works in an election related job things are busy but he does hope to eventually start back up again and get those last two recorded episodes edited and posted as well as back into the swing of recording. Sorry for the long "lag" in between episodes.

GreyWolfVT

#113 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The latest I've heard is that DM Mike still has the last 2 recordings we never posted. I have mentioned to him that I really want to get those out there surprisingly we are still getting plays on the close to 2 year old recordings. Between Mike & myself we would like to revive the podcast though I cannot say for certain if we will. Part of the issue is that the platform or hosting side we are running out of space. So not sure if things will migrate off of podomatic or not but for now it is still there, as well as can be found on various platforms. The wix site is still up as well.

For now though there is nothing more to update on this. Other than talk and hopes of bringing it back but nothing set in stone.

GreyWolfVT

#114 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Needless to say this podcast isn't returning anytime soon. I miss doing it and if anyone ever needs someone else to podcast with give me a shout!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by rredmond »

Ah, sorry to hear that Ed!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#116 Post by dmw71 »

You could give it a shot on your own.

I would love (love!, love!) another podcast/audio drama like 'Tale of the Manticore' if you'd be tempted to start over with a new format. Just saying. ;)
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by rredmond »

Isn't there audio of us rolling dice there Dave? Some saved from Skype stuff? Hmm, have to peek around.

It'd be funny having a live play of Unseen Servanters ;)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#118 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:56 pm Isn't there audio of us rolling dice there Dave? Some saved from Skype stuff? Hmm, have to peek around.
It's funny you mention this. I actually stumbled upon two of our Skype sessions a few days ago.

Sadly, I have no clue how I recorded them, and I'm not sure I ever actually watched them after the sessions ended, but I can say with absolute certainty that I'd be terrified to watch myself attempting to DM.

I just started to watch the first of the two videos and... oh, gosh.

I was objectively terrible.

Not only did I have an annoying cough (that I never muted), but the start to the session was just... stupid. How you guys (Ron, Greg, and Mitch :( ) agreed to play the second session of that mess is beyond me. :lol:

I am actively downloading the videos from the YouTube account they were saved to so I can upload them to a new/different one, but I could probably be convinced to share them once they're available.
rredmond wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:56 pmIt'd be funny having a live play of Unseen Servanters ;)
I am very interested in this. In fact, despite the earlier self-loathing over my previous DM-ing attempts, I can almost guarantee the next session I run will be better.

Significantly.

Anyway, preparing to run a live game again is something that I have passively been working on in my free time for some time now. :)
-- Project --
-- DM --

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by Rex »

It is an interesting idea, I would love to watch. I am not as techie as everyone else so recording and doing all that stuff isn't going to happen.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by rredmond »

There’s an OSRIC update coming out, with a Stuart Marshall module attached to it. I play tested on Skype with my HS buddies. Hmmm…

Return to “General RPG discussion”