(009) Alcabra Adventure

Eris
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (009) Alcabra Adventure

#101 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun laughs at the impasse "Well I'm going to assume that they are both the same! I also promise not to shoot him" she narrows her eyes at the design on Carlos' shirt "despite any visual imperative to the contrary".

She settles back in anticipation of lunch while playfully teasing John Lee about compromising the snug fit of his future skin suit by over indulgence on Vargr food.

(OOC: Edit/Repost: Amended for clarity & context.

I knew the skinsuits were on order but clearly failed to get that across! However, I had failed to note that the clothes purchases had been forwarded to the hotel. :oops:

Must be due to low IC blood sugar due to waiting a while for lunch to happen ... ;) :) )
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun asks the barman "Can we get a table and maybe look at menus? We are waiting for just one more to arrive".

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun asks the barman "Can we get a table and maybe look at menus? We are waiting for just one more to arrive".
OOG: Are we waiting for anyone besides Carlos' friend?
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by Tiglath »

(OOC: As per my understanding we are just waiting on Carlos' scout buddy. Here we go:

OOC: Okay, you're all together. Bob the Scout is still about 20 minutes out... ;)

from over the page :) ).

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:(OOC: As per my understanding we are just waiting on Carlos' scout buddy. Here we go:

OOC: Okay, you're all together. Bob the Scout is still about 20 minutes out... ;)

Good deal :)

Zaki sits down at the table next to Carlos, and sips from her beer bottle. "So, we have a ship," she says to the group at large. "What do we do next?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun gravitates to a seat opposite Zaki and Carlos dragging John Lee and anyone else observing her playful teasing of her roommate along as well.

She replies “Immediately? In two or three days the dvergr smiðr will deliver my order of guns to the Connie Malone. As part of the deal I got enough ballistic gel to build a small arms range and one hundred training rounds per weapon for familiarisation – you’ll need it for the low recoil of the snub pistols. For those with automatic weapons I ordered twice that. So, Zaki from out of the box you’ll be cleaning it in under two minutes and Chandra you’ll be shooting your “street sweeper” last – just in case you demolish my range!”

She smiles enthusiastically “We will have a range day!" She continues "There will be guns, macho bonding and testosterone – and then Zaki and I will outshoot all you boys and make you feel inadequate”. She grins wickedly and raises her beer to her comrades “It will be fun!”

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#107 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote:Pedro, wandering in at the tail of the group says "Ok, Ok, first round's on me!" and laughs. "Shopping went well, it was good to see Sawhuffa again. Vacc suits for all. and some more abominable shirts for him" pointing to Carlos. He turns to the bartender "Drinks around, please!" and points to the group. He'll proffer his phone to the fruitpay terminal.
"Always wondered what the heck fruit has to do with maying for things..." he says to no one in particular. :lol:
Pedro's communicator dings to show the transaction went through and he pocket's it.

The dining area is mostly empty as it is between lunch and dinner, so they have their choice. John Lee moves over to a large round table with six chairs arranged around it off to the side of the room. There are six plastic covered menus on the table.

Sigrun, Pedro, Carlos, Zaki, Edwardo and John Lee are present. John Lee takes a seat and waves for Sigrun to take the chair to his right.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#108 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote:(OOC: As per my understanding we are just waiting on Carlos' scout buddy. Here we go:

John Lee looks up and frowns slightly, "Bob the Scout? We'll be one chair short here. We should move to that table over there and drag that small one over to it."

It takes a couple of minutes to drag tables around before everyone is seated at the two connected tables.

"So, I've never had Vargr food." John Lee says looking around the table, "What's a good choice?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:"So, I've never had Vargr food." John Lee says looking around the table, "What's a good choice?"
"As you can guess, Vargr cuisine is heavy on meat flavors, and light on veggies, although there are more veggies here than I've seen in other places." Zaki picks up a menu. "They also love potatoes and other tubers, so the potato soup here is wonderful."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun helps reorganise the furniture and takes the offered seat with a smile. She agrees with Zaki “Ja, meat will always be a good choice when eating with Vargr but I will try the potato soup to start with. We might need to get some extra veggie dishes to share around for those who like less meat with their meat”.

She keeps an eye out for any new arrivals while the lunch preparations are under way.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#111 Post by Keven »

Carlos smiles at Zaki. "I'll trust you to order for me, love."
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos smiles at Zaki. "I'll trust you to order for me, love."
Zaki's lips curl into a mischievous smile, and she takes a drink of beer. "Do you like hot and spicy... foods?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#113 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos smiles at Zaki. "I'll trust you to order for me, love."
Zaki's lips curl into a mischievous smile, and she takes a drink of beer. "Do you like hot and spicy... foods?"
Carlos chuckles. "Remember our first stirfry a couple weeks back?"
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos chuckles. "Remember our first stirfry a couple weeks back?"
"I remember several things from two weeks ago," Zaki says with a sly wink. "But, yes, I do remember. It was a different flavor palate than I'm used to, and it was pretty hot. I managed some of it, though. The Vargr food doesn't seem to be as hot, but maybe that's because I'm used to it."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by Tiglath »

(OOC: Wow, suffering some serious lag on the notifications! I just got the email for Keven's post now - 1700hrs in the UK).

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#116 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos chuckles. "Remember our first stirfry a couple weeks back?"
"I remember several things from two weeks ago," Zaki says with a sly wink. "But, yes, I do remember. It was a different flavor palate than I'm used to, and it was pretty hot. I managed some of it, though. The Vargr food doesn't seem to be as hot, but maybe that's because I'm used to it."
Carlos sips his ale. "I should be able to handle anything they throw at me, love."
In The Marches:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:"I remember several things from two weeks ago," Zaki says with a sly wink. "But, yes, I do remember. It was a different flavor palate than I'm used to, and it was pretty hot. I managed some of it, though. The Vargr food doesn't seem to be as hot, but maybe that's because I'm used to it."
Carlos sips his ale. "I should be able to handle anything they throw at me, love."[/quote]

"If you're feeling adventurous, you can try the akanarzh," Zaki says. "Their version of it is a bit milder than I'm used to, but it still has a kick. For those of you who want something a bit less challenging, the z'zezishz is very good."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#118 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos sips his ale. "I should be able to handle anything they throw at me, love."
"If you're feeling adventurous, you can try the akanarzh," Zaki says. "Their version of it is a bit milder than I'm used to, but it still has a kick. For those of you who want something a bit less challenging, the z'zezishz is very good."
Carlos nods. "Go ahead and order for me, love. I trust you."
In The Marches:

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by Tiglath »

A seemingly mellow Sigrun says quietly “I got very drunk at a Vargr clan feast once. They were celebrating the … um something”.

She quickly continues with a wry self mocking smile “I do recall that the food was excellent but I have no memory of the names of the dishes or even of any doing any dancing – but apparently I did! I do remember that the Vargr used to lace MREs with really good spices from home. So tasting the real thing will be interesting. I’ll try the z'zezishz - I don’t need to fight with my lunch”.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:A seemingly mellow Sigrun says quietly “I got very drunk at a Vargr clan feast once. They were celebrating the … um something”.

She quickly continues with a wry self mocking smile “I do recall that the food was excellent but I have no memory of the names of the dishes or even of any doing any dancing – but apparently I did! I do remember that the Vargr used to lace MREs with really good spices from home. So tasting the real thing will be interesting. I’ll try the z'zezishz - I don’t need to fight with my lunch”.
Zaki chuckles. "I have met few Vargr who don't know how to party." She waves at a waiter, and, when he attends them, orders the akanarzh for herself and Carlos, and z'zezishz for Sigrun. "I don't know what the others want," she tells the waiter with a shrug.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”