(009) Alcabra Adventure

Eris
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: (009) Alcabra Adventure

#81 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun gives Vogan a bright grin and shakes her hand “It was good doing business with you Vogan Twith. Please deliver to me, personally, on the ICSS Connie Malone docked here at Regina downport”. Then, before breaking her grip, Sigrun formally adds “You deliver and I will pay you - that is my given word”. She concludes with a cheerful smile “I will be back through Regina in couple of months so please include your contact data - I’ll either be rich, out of ammo or both!”

Sigrun will conclude her business and curiously enquire “Vogan you have an eye for people and know the Alcabra. Are there any Out World traders based here - Vargr or Sword Worlders?”
"Um, there's a pretty good Vargr Restaurant in the Alcabra. Other Vargr, well, um, Ba'erla buys and sells goods, mostly dealing with other Vargr coming through, but occasionally she'll deal with other races, oh and T'kisck the Vargr runs a gambling hell called the Blue Door. It's got a reputation for fair games, but almost nightly fights. I don't know of any Swordies here in the Alcabra."

Sigrun, leaves Vogan's shop and moves through the crowded streets and alleys. Once she feels a hand on her hip, but she is quick enough to keep the pick pocket from taking anything. She isn't quick enough to catch more than the sight of a pre-teen human melting away into the crowds...no chance of catching that one.

Sigrun approaches the meeting point and slows down. She doesn't see any of the others yet, though.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#82 Post by Eris »

Okay, all the folks at Sawhuffa's are finished with the "fittings" and purchases. You are ready to leave now. Exactly, where is everyone going?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#83 Post by Keven »

Eris wrote:
Keven wrote:
Eris wrote: "Er?" the line is dead for a second then Bob says, "Oh, yeah! The guy that was looking for a piece...er, a pistol wasn't it?"

"I ain't had lunch, Bud, so if you're offering to pick up the tab, I'll be accepting. Just say where and when."
Carlos chuckles. "No problemo, tove. What's your personal comm code? I'll text you the address. And yeah, it's on me."
"One sec...okay, done." says Bob, "Ur, I can't get there for 'bout an hour, though. That okay?"
Carlos nods. "Works for me." He calls Sigrun and lets her know lunch is in an hour.
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Tiglath »

Thinking back to her own misspent youth Sigrun smiles as some earlier, Imperial version of herself escapes through the crowd. She casually checks nothing is missing and then further checks she has not been ”tagged” with any mark or substance setting her up for further criminal attention.

She acknowledges Carlos’ call.

Now finding herself at the lunch venue early she circles the place looking for anything odd and checks out the rear exit before going on in to wait for the arrival of the team.

Once inside she confirms the party booking and, getting herself a seat with a view of the entrance, makes a beer last until some more folk show up.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:Okay, all the folks at Sawhuffa's are finished with the "fittings" and purchases. You are ready to leave now. Exactly, where is everyone going?
Zaki wants to go to the Vargr restaurant in the Alcabra.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun tries out her rusty “trade Gvegh” and sees if she can manage to order a beer without starting a brawl in the restaurant.

She likes Vargr having found them to be enthusiastic if impetuous allies. However, she reminds herself to be cautious as these Vargr may be a more “civilised” and pro Imperial variety than the corsair bands she remembers.
joertexas wrote:Zaki wants to go to the Vargr restaurant in the Alcabra.
(OOC: Yes agreed. My understanding is that we are lunching at the Vargr restaurant).

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#87 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:Okay, all the folks at Sawhuffa's are finished with the "fittings" and purchases. You are ready to leave now. Exactly, where is everyone going?
Zaki wants to go to the Vargr restaurant in the Alcabra.
Works for me
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#88 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun tries out her rusty “trade Gvegh” and sees if she can manage to order a beer without starting a brawl in the restaurant.

She likes Vargr having found them to be enthusiastic if impetuous allies. However, she reminds herself to be cautious as these Vargr may be a more “civilised” and pro Imperial variety than the corsair bands she remembers.
joertexas wrote:Zaki wants to go to the Vargr restaurant in the Alcabra.
(OOC: Yes agreed. My understanding is that we are lunching at the Vargr restaurant).
The Vargr restaurant is named Trianian's Veil and at this time of day isn't extremely busy. There is a bar where Sigrun can wait until the others arrive, and yes her trade Gvegh is good enough to get her a beer.

The tall thin Vargr behind the bar slides the beer in front of Sigrun and says in Anglic, "Not frrom round herrre arre you? Yourrr Gvegh is just as bad as the locals, but bad in differ rrent ways."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun nods agreement and switches to Anglic “I'm badly out of practice and no - I'm not from round here. I’m from the other side of Glisten to Trin’s Veil. So maybe in working from the Sword Worlds through 268 and into the Reach I picked up some “belter twang” in my accent to further damage my Gvegh pronunciation?”

She studies the Vargr bar tender for any reaction (OOC: Streetwise & Recon) now belatedly realising that it might not be her human (Swordy) accent he’s picking up on but her “clan” Vargr (Kforuzeng) accent ...

(OOC: Doh! Sooo many ways to get into trouble! ;) :)

FWIW Sigrun's body language while on her own on Regina is going to be her "default setting" which, for better or worse in Vargr terms, is going to very much be a confident (but not necessarily belligerent) "Lone Wolf Alpha".

Edit: to clarify IC intent. Sigrun currently has her sights set firmly on lunch and is attempting to diffuse/deflect any potential “Outworld issues” …).

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#90 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun nods agreement and switches to Anglic “I'm badly out of practice and no - I'm not from round here. I’m from the other side of Glisten to Trin’s Veil. So maybe in working from the Sword Worlds through 268 and into the Reach I picked up some “belter twang” in my accent to further damage my Gvegh pronunciation?”

She studies the Vargr bar tender for any reaction (OOC: Streetwise & Recon) now belatedly realising that it might not be her human (Swordy) accent he’s picking up on but her “clan” Vargr (Kforuzeng) accent ...

(OOC: Doh! Sooo many ways to get into trouble! ;) :)

FWIW Sigrun's body language while on her own on Regina is going to be her "default setting" which, for better or worse in Vargr terms, is going to very much be a confident (but not necessarily belligerent) "Lone Wolf Alpha".

Edit: to clarify IC intent. Sigrun currently has her sights set firmly on lunch and is attempting to diffuse/deflect any potential “Outworld issues” …).
"Okay, no prroblem." says the Vargr bartender, "Trin's Veil? You long way frrom home."

"This veil is a" he waves a free hand around to point to a collection of semi transparent veils in various colors hanging from the exposed rafters overhead, "real veil, part of the Acompus Dance we do in the Augurgh."

Outside the rest of the party is approaching Trianian's Veil. As they step inside the dimly lighted restaurant/bar they see Sigrun standing at the bar, one foot on the rail, talking to a tall Vargr.

OOC: Okay, you're all together. Bob the Scout is still about 20 minutes out... ;)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:Outside the rest of the party is approaching Trianian's Veil. As they step inside the dimly lighted restaurant/bar they see Sigrun standing at the bar, one foot on the rail, talking to a tall Vargr.
Zaki adroitly steers Carlos over to talk with Sigrun, and addresses the blonde with a smile. "Our shopping trip went well. How did yours go?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by Tiglath »

“No, not Trin’s Veil! I’m from the other side of Glisten … What? You do dancing?”

Aimiably abandoning a beer drawn star map Sigrun seems slightly phased by the concept of dancing Vargr but then spots the party entering the restaurant. She shouts across the (fortunately emptyish) restaurant “Hah, late people! Bars are like bridges - whoever gets there last buys the beer!” She drains her ale and grins at her comrades “My round was cheap!”
joertexas wrote:Zaki adroitly steers Carlos over to talk with Sigrun, and addresses the blonde with a smile. "Our shopping trip went well. How did yours go?"
Once her comrades are within conversational distance she lowers her voice and cheerfully confides “I got everything I wanted and from a dvergr smiðr!" A clearly pleased Sigrun fumbles for a translation "A Geonee, a dwarven weaponsmith – right here in the Alcabra! They will be excellent weapons and lucky to boot!”

She adds with a smile "Some of the weapons are MilSpec and so need export end users. Therefore I have asked for everything to be delivered to the Connie Malone. It will take a few days for the consignment to arrive".

Edited: Added dialogue and inserted quote.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#93 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Tiglath wrote: Once her comrades are within conversational distance she lowers her voice and cheerfully confides “I got everything I wanted and from a dvergr smiðr!" A clearly pleased Sigrun fumbles for a translation "A Geonee, a dwarven weaponsmith – right here in the Alcabra! They will be excellent weapons and lucky to boot!”

She adds with a smile "Some of the weapons are MilSpec and so need export end users. Therefore I have asked for everything to be delivered to the Connie Malone. It will take a few days for the consignment to arrive".
Pedro, wandering in at the tail of the group says "Ok, Ok, first round's on me!" and laughs. "Shopping went well, it was good to see Sawhuffa again. Vacc suits for all. and some more abominable shirts for him" pointing to Carlos. He turns to the bartender "Drinks around, please!" and points to the group. He'll proffer his phone to the fruitpay terminal.
"Always wondered what the heck fruit has to do with maying for things..." he says to no one in particular. :lol:
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#94 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Tiglath wrote: Once her comrades are within conversational distance she lowers her voice and cheerfully confides “I got everything I wanted and from a dvergr smiðr!" A clearly pleased Sigrun fumbles for a translation "A Geonee, a dwarven weaponsmith – right here in the Alcabra! They will be excellent weapons and lucky to boot!”

Pedro, wandering in at the tail of the group says "Ok, Ok, first round's on me!" and laughs. "Shopping went well, it was good to see Sawhuffa again. Vacc suits for all. and some more abominable shirts for him" pointing to Carlos. He turns to the bartender "Drinks around, please!" and points to the group. He'll proffer his phone to the fruitpay terminal.
"Always wondered what the heck fruit has to do with paying for things..." he says to no one in particular. :lol:
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#95 Post by Keven »

bruce.desertrat wrote:

"Always wondered what the heck fruit has to do with paying for things..." he says to no one in particular. :lol:
Carlos looks at the bartender. "A light ale, p'jalst." He turns to Pedro. "'Abominable shirts?' You vacc swabbers just wish you were men enough to wear them!" He hands Zaki her drink and sips at his ale. "So, did you reserve us a table yet? Oh, and Sigrun, I invited a buddy to lunch with us. You'll like him, he's a brick."
In The Marches:

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun seems to take great social comfort from Pedro buying the first round. She loudly hammers her approval on the bar and, once in receipt of her ale, salutes him with it loudly adding “Ja, Kapiten!”

She responds to Carlos with an amiable nod and then, after some thought, and a grin replies “As a friend of yours I expect he will be wearing one of those “target indicator” shirts like you, ja?”

She then stops herself, takes a breath and, seeming to come to a realisation, continues resignedly with “Ah, I see now why you specifically told me. Carlos, if he is your friend and guest I will honour that! I would not cause trouble with your “brick”! Um … what is a brick? Is it like a sword brother?”

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:She then stops herself, takes a breath and, seeming to come to a realisation, continues resignedly with “Ah, I see now why you specifically told me. Carlos, if he is your friend and guest I will honour that! I would not cause trouble with your “brick”! Um … what is a brick? Is it like a sword brother?”
Zaki sips her drink and smiles at the pair. She is content to simply listen to their banter for the moment.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#98 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Tiglath wrote:She then stops herself, takes a breath and, seeming to come to a realisation, continues resignedly with “Ah, I see now why you specifically told me. Carlos, if he is your friend and guest I will honour that! I would not cause trouble with your “brick”! Um … what is a brick? Is it like a sword brother?”
Zaki sips her drink and smiles at the pair. She is content to simply listen to their banter for the moment.
Carlos shrugs. "Beats me. What's a 'sword brother?'" He sips his ale.
In The Marches:

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun laughs at the impasse "Well I'm going to assume that they are both the same! I also promise not to shoot him" she eyes Carlos' bag of newly purchased shirts warily "despite any visual imperative to the contrary". She settles back in anticipation of lunch while playfully teasing John Lee about the snug fit of his new skin suit.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#100 Post by Keven »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun laughs at the impasse "Well I'm going to assume that they are both the same! I also promise not to shoot him" she eyes Carlos' bag of newly purchased shirts warily "despite any visual imperative to the contrary". She settles back in anticipation of lunch while playfully teasing John Lee about the snug fit of his new skin suit.
Uh, we sent our clothes back to the hotel. And the skinsuits won't be ready for days yet.

Carlos lightly puts his arm around Zaki's waist and sips his ale some more.
In The Marches:

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”