(009) Alcabra Adventure

Eris
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (009) Alcabra Adventure

#121 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun drains her beer and orders more for those that want. She then waits for lunch to arrive and events to unfold ...
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#122 Post by Nuke66 »

Edwardo also will have another beer. "I am going to pull the trigger on a couple lots of spec cargo and secure freight for the run, should have it locked and loaded in a couple of days."

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#123 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
Tiglath wrote:A seemingly mellow Sigrun says quietly “I got very drunk at a Vargr clan feast once. They were celebrating the … um something”.

She quickly continues with a wry self mocking smile “I do recall that the food was excellent but I have no memory of the names of the dishes or even of any doing any dancing – but apparently I did! I do remember that the Vargr used to lace MREs with really good spices from home. So tasting the real thing will be interesting. I’ll try the z'zezishz - I don’t need to fight with my lunch”.
Zaki chuckles. "I have met few Vargr who don't know how to party." She waves at a waiter, and, when he attends them, orders the akanarzh for herself and Carlos, and z'zezishz for Sigrun. "I don't know what the others want," she tells the waiter with a shrug.
"Right! One order of akanarzh and one z'zezishz." says the short skinny Vargr male, he turns to the rest of you and says, "If you don't know what to order, I'll suggest the z'zezishz. Everything here is good, but the z'zezisha is especially good today."

OOC: Don't ask me to describe the dishes. :p

Eris
Akus
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#124 Post by Eris »

Nuke66 wrote:Edwardo also will have another beer. "I am going to pull the trigger on a couple lots of spec cargo and secure freight for the run, should have it locked and loaded in a couple of days."
While Edwardo is talking Sigrun notices a tall thin man dressed in the garish Hawaiian shirts that Scouts favor and a pair of cargo pants tucked into boots walk through the door and look around.

John Lee pokes Sigrun's arm with his elbow and murmurs to her, "Your date?"

Eris
Akus
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#125 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote: "Right! One order of akanarzh and one z'zezishz." says the short skinny Vargr male, he turns to the rest of you and says, "If you don't know what to order, I'll suggest the z'zezishz. Everything here is good, but the z'zezisha is especially good today."

OOC: Don't ask me to describe the dishes. :p

Eris
Akus
Pedro says "Well, that sounds good to me, I'll have the z'zezisha." he peers at the bottle in front of him, "...and another beer, please."
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#126 Post by Tiglath »

Nuke66 wrote:Edwardo also will have another beer. "I am going to pull the trigger on a couple lots of spec cargo and secure freight for the run, should have it locked and loaded in a couple of days."
Sigrun raises her beer to Edwardo and says “That is good news! I ordered the weapons we will need for ship security. I’m sure I didn’t get as good a deal as you would have but I did get training rounds thrown in. The order will be with us about the same time as your cargo”.
Eris wrote:While Edwardo is talking Sigrun notices a tall thin man dressed in the garish Hawaiian shirts that Scouts favor and a pair of cargo pants tucked into boots walk through the door and look around.

In response to John Lee’s cue Sigrun looks over and replies “Ha! From the shirt he looks more like your date!" She adds more quietly "What would a warrior of repute like myself see in an Imperial scout?” Her smile is quickly hidden as she takes a pull of her beer and then playfully elbows John Lee in return, her Nordic accent thick as she boisterously adds “You are funny, Mr. Petamore”.

Now sure that the new arrival is the awaited lunch guest she looks across at Carlos and Zaki to catch their attention. Then again, suspiciously, from Zaki to Carlos and then back to Bob as her eyes widen in surprise at a sudden realisation. Managing to narrowly avoid inhaling her beer she coughs “Carlos, your brick is here!” and then murmurs worriedly to John Lee "Ýmirs frosteistna! I think you're right!"

Momentarily phased Sigrun sinks her ale, orders another and then rallies with apparent cheer adding “More ale and more scouts - excellent!”

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#127 Post by Keven »

Eris wrote:
While Edwardo is talking Sigrun notices a tall thin man dressed in the garish Hawaiian shirts that Scouts favor and a pair of cargo pants tucked into boots walk through the door and look around.

Eris
Akus
Carlos looks over, yells "Yo, BOB!", makes a 'come on over here' motion with his arm, pointing at the empty chair.
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#128 Post by Eris »

Keven wrote:
Eris wrote:

Carlos looks over, yells "Yo, BOB!", makes a 'come on over here' motion with his arm, pointing at the empty chair.
"Hi ya!" Bob says as he walks laconically over to the table and takes the offered chair, "Bob Lacasta, pleased to meet'ch!"

He waves at the waiter and calls over, "Leka, pitcher of beersi and big platter of your dehatz for the table and an order of akanarzh with garlic for me."

Bob adds with a grin to the waiter, "You know how I like it. Extra spicy with garlic and mocaccino sauce, and for the 50th time, no it doesn't make humans sick."

Bob looks at Carlos and nods, then grins at Zaki and says with a wink, "You, I remember. You ready to ditch this squib for a real Scout yet?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#129 Post by Keven »

Eris wrote:
Keven wrote:
Eris wrote: While Edwardo is talking Sigrun notices a tall thin man dressed in the garish Hawaiian shirts that Scouts favor and a pair of cargo pants tucked into boots walk through the door and look around.

"Hi ya!" Bob says as he walks laconically over to the table and takes the offered chair, "Bob Lacasta, pleased to meet'ch!"

He waves at the waiter and calls over, "Leka, pitcher of beersi and big platter of your dehatz for the table and an order of akanarzh with garlic for me."

Bob adds with a grin to the waiter, "You know how I like it. Extra spicy with garlic and mocaccino sauce, and for the 50th time, no it doesn't make humans sick."

Bob looks at Carlos and nods, then grins at Zaki and says with a wink, "You, I remember. You ready to ditch this squib for a real Scout yet?"
Carlos laughs and kisses Zaki's cheek. "I told you you'd be a good distraction, hon." He introduces Bob around. "Still up to your ass in the Grey Jumpsuit Brigade?"
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:
Eris wrote:Bob looks at Carlos and nods, then grins at Zaki and says with a wink, "You, I remember. You ready to ditch this squib for a real Scout yet?"
Carlos laughs and kisses Zaki's cheek. "I told you you'd be a good distraction, hon." He introduces Bob around. "Still up to your ass in the Grey Jumpsuit Brigade?"
"No, I'd lose my deposit," Zaki replies with a grin. She looks at Sigrun. "I might know someone who is in the market for a real Scout, though."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun glances awkwardly across at Bob and then looks back at Zaki as her features betray a series of conflicting emotions. There is her usual, almost instinctive, defensiveness but she seems grateful, even touched, by Zaki’s concern for her love life - and yet still she seems uncharacteristically uncomfortable.

She blushes, lets out a breath and then manages a half smile but as far as any meaningful response goes all she manages is “True but ... its ... I'm complicated ... “.

(OOC: Edited. A pause for drama - and possibly Bob. The cat is very nearly out of the bag ... ;) ).

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by Tiglath »

(OOC: I had paused for Bob the Scout to get a word in - but it has been a while ... ;)

I'll continue on in a day or so just to keep us moving :) ).

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun rallies from her distraction and addresses Bob “Bob Lacasta, if you have come expecting to be my date I fear you may have been misled but I will not dishonour my comrades’ best intentions for any fault is my own. You may have your date with me if you will. I am Kapitensleutnant Sigrun Volsung, late of Sacnoth Fleet, raid commander at Wardn where I embarrassed the Imperial Navy and saved a number of Scout service wounded. I am therefore a companion worthy of a warrior of reputation and it would surely do you no harm at all to be seen with me. However, that is all that can happen - for I am with another”.

She continues “Perhaps we have been too discrete …“ and smiles fondly “… but let me show you why I have no need for a real Scout”.

She turns to her left and says softly “Kan jeg kysse deg?” John Lee’s slow smile indicates his consent and Sigrun’s stern warrior visage relaxes into joyous anticipation as she pulls him into a kiss of smouldering intensity. The pair seem entirely lost in the moment but at last Sigrun pulls away and breathlessly declares “Mr. Lacasta, my apology but as you can see - I already have a real Scout!”

She smiles across at Zaki and simply states “Since Ruie - after you let me cry”.

(OOC: I’m not sure whether the above was a huge surprise to anyone or not. However, it was fun developing it as a sub plot - there was the odd clue both from Eris and myself spread throughout the narrative. Now also seemed an appropriate time both plot wise and game wise for the reveal.

Alas, we also appear to have lost our DM. I hope all is well with Eris).

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:She smiles across at Zaki and simply states “Since Ruie - after you let me cry”.
Zaki leaps to her feet with a squeal, and circles the table to envelop Sigrun in a fierce hug. "I'm so *happy* for you!"
Tiglath wrote:(OOC: I’m not sure whether the above was a huge surprise to anyone or not. However, it was fun developing it as a sub plot - there was the odd clue both from Eris and myself spread throughout the narrative. Now also seemed an appropriate time both plot wise and game wise for the reveal.

Nicely done :) I haven't seen Eris on his other games, either.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#135 Post by Eris »

Keven wrote:Carlos laughs and kisses Zaki's cheek. "I told you you'd be a good distraction, hon." He introduces Bob around. "Still up to your ass in the Grey Jumpsuit Brigade?"
"Yeah, but it's down considerably. There's a new batch coming through almost weekly now instead of daily." Bob says adding,"I think the powers that be are trying to spread the release out so as not to overwhelm the infrastructure here on Regina. There's also a rumor that they are now shipping out a lot of the army troop-cicles to other systems with bases in the sector. I guess they'll be woke and demobed there."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#136 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun rallies from her distraction and addresses Bob “Bob Lacasta, if you have come expecting to be my date I fear you may have been misled but I will not dishonour my comrades’ best intentions for any fault is my own. You may have your date with me if you will. I am Kapitensleutnant Sigrun Volsung, late of Sacnoth Fleet, raid commander at Wardn where I embarrassed the Imperial Navy and saved a number of Scout service wounded. I am therefore a companion worthy of a warrior of reputation and it would surely do you no harm at all to be seen with me. However, that is all that can happen - for I am with another”.
"Nah!" says Bob with a snort, "I've already got a main squeeze. So, if y'all were trying to set me up, you've screwed the pooch for sure."
She continues “Perhaps we have been too discrete …“ and smiles fondly “… but let me show you why I have no need for a real Scout”.

She turns to her left and says softly “Kan jeg kysse deg?” John Lee’s slow smile indicates his consent and Sigrun’s stern warrior visage relaxes into joyous anticipation as she pulls him into a kiss of smouldering intensity. The pair seem entirely lost in the moment but at last Sigrun pulls away and breathlessly declares “Mr. Lacasta, my apology but as you can see - I already have a real Scout!”

She smiles across at Zaki and simply states “Since Ruie - after you let me cry”.

(OOC: I’m not sure whether the above was a huge surprise to anyone or not. However, it was fun developing it as a sub plot - there was the odd clue both from Eris and myself spread throughout the narrative. Now also seemed an appropriate time both plot wise and game wise for the reveal.

OOC: I'm here. I am sorry I haven't been posting, and I'll try to pick up the ball and run with it a bit more in future.
Eris
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#137 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
Tiglath wrote:She smiles across at Zaki and simply states “Since Ruie - after you let me cry”.
Zaki leaps to her feet with a squeal, and circles the table to envelop Sigrun in a fierce hug. "I'm so *happy* for you!"
"Now don't make a huge deal out of things."says John Lee, "Sig and I have been enjoying keeping this private. You know. I mean we both have to, you know, sort of feel our way forward on this." he ends by squeezing Sigrun's hand then slipping his arm around her waist briefly before letting go.
Tiglath wrote:(OOC: I’m not sure whether the above was a huge surprise to anyone or not. However, it was fun developing it as a sub plot - there was the odd clue both from Eris and myself spread throughout the narrative. Now also seemed an appropriate time both plot wise and game wise for the reveal.

Nicely done :) I haven't seen Eris on his other games, either.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:"Now don't make a huge deal out of things."says John Lee, "Sig and I have been enjoying keeping this private. You know. I mean we both have to, you know, sort of feel our way forward on this." he ends by squeezing Sigrun's hand then slipping his arm around her waist briefly before letting go.
"I understand," Zaki says, her smile still threatening to split her face. She hugs John Lee and returns to sit next to Carlos. "Bob, thanks for being a good sport about this. I really had no idea about Sigrun and John Lee here." She bestows a smile on Carlos. "I've been - distracted - myself."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#139 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:"Now don't make a huge deal out of things."says John Lee, "Sig and I have been enjoying keeping this private. You know. I mean we both have to, you know, sort of feel our way forward on this." he ends by squeezing Sigrun's hand then slipping his arm around her waist briefly before letting go.
"I understand," Zaki says, her smile still threatening to split her face. She hugs John Lee and returns to sit next to Carlos. "Bob, thanks for being a good sport about this. I really had no idea about Sigrun and John Lee here." She bestows a smile on Carlos. "I've been - distracted - myself."
Carlos shrugs. "Hey, it was a thought." He sips his beer. "How much longer you got til you get out, Bob?"
In The Marches:

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun grins broadly at Zaki’s reaction and laughs as she engages her in an awkward “reverse hug”. While focussed very much on John Lee and enjoying his attention she seems relieved that matters appear to have resolved themselves.
Eris wrote: "Nah!" says Bob with a snort, "I've already got a main squeeze. So, if y'all were trying to set me up, you've screwed the pooch for sure."
Sigrun clearly struggles to fully understand Bob’s idiom and eyes him steadily whilst leaning into John Lee. His translation seems to help as she suddenly mellows and declares “Then all is well. Ale all round!”

As the meal progresses Sigrun seems to genuinely relax and, although her eyes occasionally flick to the entrance, her left arm trails below table height where she and John Lee may or may not be holding hands.

She raises her glass “Well, we have a new ship to get used to, our arms delivery due and our corporate clients to keep happy on the journey ahead. Here's to leaving Regina in better shape than we came in! Skol!”

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”