OTHERSPACE: Episode Five: Enter the Nest

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OTHERSPACE: Episode Five: Enter the Nest

#41 Post by max_vale »

OOC: Actually Gavin's got the skill too; Starship Repair: 3D+2 (Under Technical), which is better than anyone except Zinn who has it at 4D (but obviously, is knocked out at the moment); Jackson has it at 3D+1....plus remember your Force Points! :)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#42 Post by GreyWolfVT »

max_vale wrote:OOC: Actually Gavin's got the skill too; Starship Repair: 3D+2 (Under Technical), which is better than anyone except Zinn who has it at 4D (but obviously, is knocked out at the moment); Jackson has it at 3D+1....plus remember your Force Points! :)
yeah I missed that well good thing I am going to try and repair the ship.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Zuul

Zuul's talents lie in destruction not repair, so he tries to hold off the oncoming hordes as best he can. He'll join Zardra on a turret or take shots from cover.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Starbeard »

"Jackson, get us out of here!" Vale shouts down the Out Runner's main corridor.

He rushes over to Gavin's side and attempts to help him repair the engine. "Just tell me exactly what you need me to do as quickly as you can. Don't worry, I'll remember it." As he goes about his tasks, he breathes in slowly and clears his thoughts, concentrating on developing a picture perfect memory of Gavin's directions.

I'm hoping to use Enhanced Memory to recall every detail of Gavin's instructions, as advanced as he can make them for a newbie, so that it's a lot easier for me to help him since he only has to say it/show it once. I will also use a Force Point to bump my Technical attribute if a roll is necessary.
Last edited by Starbeard on Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

GreyWolfVT

#45 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gavin "Thanks Vale." I'll use a force point as well to help with repair rolls.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by ybn1197 »

Jackson, more at home with the engine than with the yoke, heads to the cockpit to prep the ship for takeoff.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by max_vale »

First level of Strange alien ship/station DESOLATE and nearby 'Otherspace'

Jackson straps himself into the Pilot's seat in the Out Runner and primes the engines, seals the ship up, raises the landing gear and with a shout of "Hold on everybody!"; he pilots the freighter shakily out of the 'hangar bay' of the Desolate....

As he does so, Gavin Storm and Vale Starcloud work on repairing the engines; doing their best to ignore the bumps and throws of the shaky lift-off and blast-out of the hangar bay as the connected the various missing/broken parts to repair the hyperspace drive.....

Zuul and Professor Clark find themselves in the central area of the freighter with little to do except hold on; and try to ensure that the unconscious form of Zinn Vallimar doesn't slide around and get smacked into worse shape by the erratic flight of the Rebel vessel....

Zardra's voice then comes over the intercom from her position manning the belly-gun turret; "Look sharp boys....looks like these spider-creatures have sent out a couple of whatever-they-call-starfighters after us"; her words quickly punctuated by the feel of the hull shaking from a near miss of a greenish-white plasma blast that emanated from one of the pair of strange-looking fighters that came roaring after them.....

Zardra began to return fire as Gavin quickly called out that it would be a few minutes before he could get the Power Coupler, T-axial Stabilizer, Hypercoil and Hyperdrive motivator all linked in.....

Those few minutes felt like an eternity as Gavin did all he could do to throw the ship this way and that to avoid plasma-blasts and Zardra cursed up a storm as she fired the laser turret until the barrel was red-hot before she finally screamed in triumph as first one, then the second Charon fighter was hit and destroyed....

Gavin, with Vale's help, finally managed to get everything in the engine fixed and locked in and then reported that they SHOULD be good to go....

Jackson took a deep breath and then VERY carefully plotted a course with the navicomputer; closed his eyes and said a prayer to any Gods that might be listening, and pulled the lever then sent the Outrunner hurtling into the familiar lines of hyperspace for a long few moments and then, Crodowski CAREFULLY pulled the lever again to return the Rebel party back too......

NORMAL SPACE ONCE AGAIN! The Rebel Engineer/Pilot scanned the computers very carefully and checked and re-checked their position on the charts and confirmed that they were INDEED back in the Galaxy they all knew and loved....even if it was one split apart by a war between the Empire and the Alliance....

They soon dropped off Zardra at a nearby trader's world and then reported back to a Rebel base.....to learn that their next assignment would have them sent to a frigid world called 'Hoth' in the Outer Rim territories....

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Starbeard »

Vale smiles to himself as normal space reappears out the cockpit window. "I told you we would escape. The Force is with us, always."

GreyWolfVT

#49 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gavin "Force or not I'm glad to be somewhere normal again."

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#50 Post by kipper »

"I'm still not 100% sure what went on back there, but it's great to be home!" Clark says.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Zuul

"He knew it all along! He made a good choice in crew. Many thankss and congratulationss to all!"

Return to “Star Wars RPG: Star Fall”