OOC

hyperborea
Tracker
Tracker

Re: OOC

#261 Post by hyperborea »

Does Grossphil have time to drink his potion of fire resistance or is it too late for that? Grasping at straws here before I make my save

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#262 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sorry. No straws.

He had already cast a spell this round.

This all happened simultaneously, sort of.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#263 Post by Monsieur Rose »

It's been a blast. Thanks for having me.

Now Mac gets to haunt Castanamir's tower while reading all his non-burned books. :lol:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#264 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nice!

Thanks, man! :D

hyperborea
Tracker
Tracker

#265 Post by hyperborea »

Sorry you died Mac, really enjoyed having you in the party! If any of us ever get out of this place, Grossphil will write a book about his adventures and dedicate it to you.

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#266 Post by scottjen »

:(
RIP Mac, fireballed by the hated Zemroy

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#268 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Thanks guys.

That was a lot of fun, I enjoyed the puzzle aspects of the tower. Hope you all make it out, the end feels close...ish.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#269 Post by OGRE MAGE »

hyperborea wrote:Grossphil would be able to use the spells from Mac's book as if they were a scroll right? As in I could use the web, charm or any other spell once but then it would disappear from the book. Or do you run it differently Ogre Mage?

Also since Sprig was at 0 HP how come he lost a hit point? I've always been under the impression that 0 HP meant unconscious but stabilized. Would you clear that up?
Correct about the casting from the book.

Correct about 0 being stabilized. My bad.

hyperborea
Tracker
Tracker

#270 Post by hyperborea »

Since Grossphil is in the middle of casting do I have to stay where I am and finish my spell or am I allowed to move? Don't really want to get hit with a web/stinking cloud or whatever he's throwing at us.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#271 Post by OGRE MAGE »

He can only move 5’ total if he wants to maintain concentration on the spell.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#272 Post by OGRE MAGE »

hyperborea wrote:Even though he now has a mirror image up and running, Grossphil is fairly confident he can capture all three images in a web spell. He will cast web from Mac's spell book and center it at the "center Zemroy" to trap all of them as he doesn't know which is the real one.
Since he's blind does that mean he'll have negatives on his saving throws? I don't see how he could dodge the web if he can't see.
Web cant be cast at a "person", it must be anchored, wall to wall, floor to ceiling, etc..

You could definitely anchor it floor to ceiling in the spaces where the 3 Zemroy's are currently standing.

Unfortunately, with a range of 5' per level, Grossphil would need to walk forward through the cloud to reach his target.

Also, I don't allow "stealthy" casting, so Zemroy can still hear any spells cast requiring a verbal component. Therefore, no penalty on his saves.

hyperborea
Tracker
Tracker

#273 Post by hyperborea »

Sorry I missed a round there, I thought my web was my action and hadn't really had a chance to check in the past few days.

Though I'm a little confused with what you had Grossphil do. I take it he cast unseen servant, but how will that allow him to pass through the stinking cloud? Would like a little clarification before I make my action for this round. Cause if I can go through the cloud now, I'm going to cast web. If not, I'm going to likely use continual light so we can see whatever is in this room we're stuck in.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#274 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sorry, I guess that sentence wasn't very clear.

Grossphill still cant pass through the cloud without incident, but he can command the Unseen Servant to do so with no harm.

If you don't think that will help, go ahead with the light spell.

I don't necessarily enjoy choosing spells to cast for absentee players, but I don't like holding up the game for extended periods of time either.

hyperborea
Tracker
Tracker

#275 Post by hyperborea »

I don't necessarily enjoy choosing spells to cast for absentee players, but I don't like holding up the game for extended periods of time either.
I totally understand. I had a surgery a few days ago so I've largely been out of it till now, but I have been slow at responding sometimes. Assuming we survive this encounter, I'll be more responsive.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#276 Post by OGRE MAGE »

hyperborea wrote:Assuming we survive this encounter
:lol: That’s the spirit!

I hope you have a speedy recovery!

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#278 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I just realized that this entire game I’ve been confusing the god Frey with the goddess Freya.

Sorry bout that scottjen! :oops:

I am clearly a moron. :lol:

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#279 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Hey, guys.

In a bit of last minute surprise travel for work, I will be flying around the entire, literal globe starting this Sunday, the 21st, until August 16th. I know my posting will probably get erratic, especially during the first two weeks of August, so the normal rules apply about not letting me hold up the action, etc... :)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#280 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Thanks for the heads up, man!

Have.......fun? :D

Return to “C3 The Lost Island... (1E Tournament)”