(008) Meet Connie Malone

Eris
bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: (008) Meet Connie Malone

#181 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Pedro accepts the letter from her and looks it over. I presume there's some sort of magic Clarkian technology for me to determine the letter is truly from Sir William. "Sir William's word means quite a bit to us. He's a generous patron, and besides, we don't leave comrades behind." He glances over her qualifications "You checked out on anything like this?" he gestures towards the ship. He looks up at Carlos. "Looks like Sir William's sent us a fellow foundling. Thinks Chandra would like some help?" He'll pass the letter up to Carlos.

Bowing ot the inevitable, after all what, I'm going to kick Terry out? :lol:

He extends his hand to Emily "Welcome aboard, second Engineer. You turn out to be useless, we'll dump you on the next stop, but I suspect that won't be the case. C'mon up we'll get you settled and take you to Chandra, he's Chief E aboard.". He smiles at Sigrun and says, quietly "You be nice, mion tovaplaya! One day we catch those shiiga kaka IN drangin who mistreated you and we give 'em a good belter knab'ngo and spacing, but not all squids are them."
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#182 Post by Keven »

bruce.desertrat wrote:Pedro accepts the letter from her and looks it over. I presume there's some sort of magic Clarkian technology for me to determine the letter is truly from Sir William. "Sir William's word means quite a bit to us. He's a generous patron, and besides, we don't leave comrades behind." He glances over her qualifications "You checked out on anything like this?" he gestures towards the ship. He looks up at Carlos. "Looks like Sir William's sent us a fellow foundling. Thinks Chandra would like some help?" He'll pass the letter up to Carlos.
Carlos reads it. "Yeah, no good deed goes unpunished. He's calling in a chit."
bruce.desertrat wrote:Bowing ot the inevitable, after all what, I'm going to kick Terry out? :lol:

He extends his hand to Emily "Welcome aboard, second Engineer. You turn out to be useless, we'll dump you on the next stop, but I suspect that won't be the case. C'mon up we'll get you settled and take you to Chandra, he's Chief E aboard.". He smiles at Sigrun and says, quietly "You be nice, mion tovaplaya! One day we catch those shiiga kaka IN drangin who mistreated you and we give 'em a good belter knab'ngo and spacing, but not all squids are them."
Carlos extends a hand. "Carlos Mitsume. First Officer/Executive Officer. You can call me Carlos. Or X."
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#183 Post by terrymixon »

Keven wrote:
bruce.desertrat wrote:Pedro accepts the letter from her and looks it over. I presume there's some sort of magic Clarkian technology for me to determine the letter is truly from Sir William. "Sir William's word means quite a bit to us. He's a generous patron, and besides, we don't leave comrades behind." He glances over her qualifications "You checked out on anything like this?" he gestures towards the ship. He looks up at Carlos. "Looks like Sir William's sent us a fellow foundling. Thinks Chandra would like some help?" He'll pass the letter up to Carlos.
Carlos reads it. "Yeah, no good deed goes unpunished. He's calling in a chit."
bruce.desertrat wrote:Bowing ot the inevitable, after all what, I'm going to kick Terry out? :lol:

Carlos extends a hand. "Carlos Mitsume. First Officer/Executive Officer. You can call me Carlos. Or X."
She smiled. I'm a Navy engineer, so my experience is prety wide ranging, but I can't be sure about your specific systems, sir. No doubt I can pick it up if I don't have the specifics. One doesn't make it to Lieutenant Commander on a major INS warship with gaps in skills.

Then she took Carlos's hand. Emily Green.

Emily
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Into the Marches: Emily Green, 566997, 34, LCDR Imperial Navy, 4 terms.
Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Akus Moby: Lily Stone, 897CB3, 42, Marine Gunnery Sergeant, 6 terms.
Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1
14,000 cr, 1 High Passage

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#184 Post by Tiglath »

bruce.desertrat wrote: He smiles at Sigrun and says, quietly "You be nice, mion tovaplaya! One day we catch those shiiga kaka IN drangin who mistreated you and we give 'em a good belter knab'ngo and spacing, but not all squids are them."
Sigrun looks slightly bewildered, then rolls her eyes and asides to Pedro “I was being nice!” She then qualifies that with an exasperated smile and adds "I was trying to be nice but I may have accidentally been "Sword Worlds polite" instead! Ódins skegg, you people are so touchy!"

She steps forward and, looking Emily straight in the eye, delivers a strong handshake and then a bright welcoming grin “Jarl William sent you! Why didn’t you say? Kapitensleutnant Sigrun Volsung, Sacnoth Fleet. I raided along the Lunion border during the last war and so I fell out with your 213th Fleet. However, I believe the Scout Service there would speak well enough of me!” She smiles “My 500 ton Biter class raiders never engaged a major Imperial vessel – they’re too big to board! I have n’t heard of the De Reita” she mangles the pronunciation and quickly adds “no offence meant”.

She continues enthusiastically “Velkomin, Zaki will look after you while we lift". She confides "Try not to speak to any of the civilian passengers – apart from the Vargr they are all over sensitive!”

She keys her shipboard comm and cheerfully states “Zaki, forward air lock. New crew!”

(OOC: Having both made Lieutenant Commander in their respective Navies career wise Sigrun and Emily appear to be strange cultural “mirrors” of each other. Emily will know that the Sword Worlds unleashed their Auxiliary Raiding Squadrons as commerce raiders during the Fourth Frontier War. Of course, one person’s “privateer” is another’s “pirate” and although the issue of a letter of Marque might make things legal the practicality is the same! ;) )
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#185 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Tiglath wrote:
bruce.desertrat wrote: He smiles at Sigrun and says, quietly "You be nice, mion tovaplaya! One day we catch those shiiga kaka IN drangin who mistreated you and we give 'em a good belter knab'ngo and spacing, but not all squids are them."
Sigrun looks slightly bewildered, then rolls her eyes and asides to Pedro “I was being nice!” She then qualifies that with an exasperated smile and adds "I was trying to be nice but I may have accidentally been "Sword Worlds polite" instead! Ódins skegg, you people are so touchy!"
Pedro laughs. "'Sword Worlds Polite'! I must remember that turn of phrase. Just try not to Vargr-smile at the paying customers!" He motions for Sigrun to precede him up into the ship. "Let's get Connie off this geshtstankin rock and up in nice clean vacuum where she belongs."

Once inside he settles into his seat on the bridge, checks that the board is all green and says to Carlos"I have green across the board. Do you?" presumably Carlos says yes., and Pedro says to the air "Connie you ready to get off this rock?"

He switches his comms to traffic control channel "Traffic control, this is the Connie Malone. We're ready to lift on your signal"
Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#186 Post by joertexas »

bruce.desertrat wrote:Once inside he settles into his seat on the bridge, checks that the board is all green and says to Carlos"I have green across the board. Do you?" presumably Carlos says yes., and Pedro says to the air "Connie you ready to get off this rock?"

He switches his comms to traffic control channel "Traffic control, this is the Connie Malone. We're ready to lift on your signal"
"Where's the new crew member?" The voice comes from behind Emily, and it belongs to a thin, dark skinned blonde of average height. She wears a holo viewer over her right eye, and a jeweled implant on her forehead just above her nose. Her hair is a curly mop that extends to just below her ears, and she regards Emily with violet eyes and a smile. She's dressed in a crewman's jumpsuit with a medical emblem on the right chest.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#187 Post by ffilz »

Chandra is busy in engineering making sure we're ready for lift. Unless the new engineer drops in on him, he won't notice until things have calmed down and we're running out to the jump limit.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#188 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun puts a comm call through to Chandra to advise him of Emily's sudden arrival.
ffilz wrote:Chandra is busy in engineering making sure we're ready for lift. Unless the new engineer drops in on him, he won't notice until things have calmed down and we're running out to the jump limit.
(OOC: That's why Sigrun suggested Zaki look after Emily while the lift to jump was underway. I assume all the flight crew will be busy and it's unlikely Emily can jump right in to assist Chanda in Engineering without at least some familiarisation).

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#189 Post by Keven »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Pedro laughs. "'Sword Worlds Polite'! I must remember that turn of phrase. Just try not to Vargr-smile at the paying customers!" He motions for Sigrun to precede him up into the ship. "Let's get Connie off this geshtstankin rock and up in nice clean vacuum where she belongs."

Once inside he settles into his seat on the bridge, checks that the board is all green and says to Carlos"I have green across the board. Do you?" presumably Carlos says yes., and Pedro says to the air "Connie you ready to get off this rock?"
Carlos grins. "Clean and green. Skywatch is updating and the plot is tracking like a bloodvark. We're ready."
bruce.desertrat wrote:He switches his comms to traffic control channel "Traffic control, this is the Connie Malone. We're ready to lift on your signal"
ffilz wrote:Chandra is busy in engineering making sure we're ready for lift. Unless the new engineer drops in on him, he won't notice until things have calmed down and we're running out to the jump limit.
Carlos opens up the intercom to Engineering. "Bridge to Engineering. We seem to have aquired a last minute drive wiper for you. We'll send her down soon as we get clear of the air. Stand by for power to maneuver on our mark."
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#190 Post by ffilz »

Keven wrote:
Carlos opens up the intercom to Engineering. "Bridge to Engineering. We seem to have aquired a last minute drive wiper for you. We'll send her down soon as we get clear of the air. Stand by for power to maneuver on our mark."
"Copy that. Engineering clear and ready for lift."
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#191 Post by Eris »

The letter,

Emily Green saved my life during battle, just as you saved my life after the war was over. I recommend her to you as an excellent Engineer and a brave and loyal ship mate. I sincerely hope you can find a place for her in your crew and as part of your team. You will not regret it if you do, of that I can guarantee you!

Sincerely,
Lord William, "Windy" Fortheringay

ps. my good wife wants me to include to Miss Zaki, that she is doing well and everything seems to be well with her. I suppose you know what that is all about, but she refuses to tell me what she means until next week.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#192 Post by Eris »

De Reita...a mixture of Norwegian and Icelandic meaning The Fields. If you look it up it was a 3000 ton light cruiser that was destroyed early in the war during a battle in the Ruie system.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#193 Post by Tiglath »

(OOC: Please post the link if you have it! ;) I searched hither and yon but my google fu was weak ... :oops:

As close as I got was a Spanish diminuative approximating to "Little Scoundrel". Great name for a frigate but less so for a ship of the line!

Alternatively if that's in game knowledge - that might be why I can't find it! :D )

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#194 Post by ffilz »

Eris wrote:
joertexas wrote:Zaki helps Pedro get the passengers checked in, and she also collects the medical information forms from each passenger.
Each of the passengers checks in and provides their forms. Zaki is pleased to note that each are healthy, normal, specimens. There are a couple of dietary restrictions: 1 human male has a shellfish allergy and all 3 vargr have reactions to theobromine (chocolate).

Theobromine really isn't good for humans or any other animal, but humans can handle it MUCH better than dogs/vargr. Luckily, there are chocolate analogs (carob is one) safe for humans and vargr that can be stocked. Caffeine is also bad for all of us, but takes a *lot* more to be dangerous for humans or full sized vargr than theobromine.
One of the passengers introduces himself as Sir Baltus. He is an LSP employee in charge of security for their agents. He will ride out and back with you to ensure security of the personnel. Sir Baltus's personal data card indicates he is a very fit 34 year old (ABA physical stats). He is well armed and is prepared to check his weapons in the ship's locker, though he would like to at least keep his auto pistol and dagger, but if you prefer the passengers to all have their weapons secured he will do so (and if so, will check in a laser rifle, SMG, auto pistol, cutlass, and dagger - if he keeps them, he will assure that your security folks know what he is packing - Sigrun will be interested to note that the real wood stock on the SMG is engraved with the personal seal of the undersecretary of the Regina diplomatic office). He would like to have a chance to chat with your security personnel so we can all work together.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#195 Post by Tiglath »

Once Connie Malone has lifted and is on route to the jump point the need for Sigrun’s input on the bridge will diminish. She will move back to check in on Emily and Zaki.

When she hears of Sir Baltus she arranges to talk privately with him. She will mention her plan to Pedro in case he wishes to come along (as well as anyone else).

(OOC: Sigrun meeting an ex Imperial Marine – what could possibly go wrong? ;) )

She treats Sir Baltus with the respect due a worthy enemy and, while Sigrun’s natural warrior demeanour is turned up all the way to eleven, she appears comfortable planning to deal with a fellow soldier. She offers him top grade Regina bourbon while she drinks a glass of mead.

Sigrun is fine with Baltus retaining his autopistol and dagger but leaves the decision to Pedro.

She opens with “My name is Sigrun Volsung, I am ex Sword Worlds Navy and security officer for this vessel. You are an ex Imperial Marine and carry with you weapons for full space borne infantry combat. I’d like to know what information you have that makes you expect to repel a boarding action”.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#196 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Tiglath wrote:Once Connie Malone has lifted and is on route to the jump point the need for Sigrun’s input on the bridge will diminish. She will move back to check in on Emily and Zaki.

When she hears of Sir Baltus she arranges to talk privately with him. She will mention her plan to Pedro in case he wishes to come along (as well as anyone else).

She treats Sir Baltus with the respect due a worthy enemy and, while Sigrun’s natural warrior demeanour is turned up all the way to eleven, she appears comfortable planning to deal with a fellow soldier. She offers him top grade Regina bourbon while she drinks a glass of mead.

Sigrun is fine with Baltus retaining his autopistol and dagger but leaves the decision to Pedro.

She opens with “My name is Sigrun Volsung, I am ex Sword Worlds Navy and security officer for this vessel. You are an ex Imperial Marine and carry with you weapons for full space borne infantry combat. I’d like to know what information you have that makes you expect to repel a boarding action”.
Pedro will come along for the initial greeting. He'll decline any offered drinks, with the excuse that he's on flight deck duty. " Pleased to meet you Sir Baltus. Since my security officer is fine with you retaining your personal arms, I am as well. Now if you'll excuse me, I like to stay on the bridge while transiting to jump, especially in busy systems such as this. I would be honored if you would join me for dinner tomorrow evening, celebrate first Jump Night."

He offers Sir Baltus a handshake, inclines his head in a slight bow, and turns to leave. As he does , he leans in close to Sigrun and whispers. "He's armed to the teeth, and if he's just a LSP employee, I'm a Vargr. " He smiles again at Sir Baltus and heads back to the bridge.

Once there, he says to Carlos "Betcha we're in the ramen pot, that LSP security guy sure seems to be expecting big trouble, or planning to cause some. We need to move to secure earbugs for crew comms. Connie, switch all crew intercommunication to encrypted mode, and personalize a bug for each crew member. " He looks up at the nav display, drumming his fingers on his panel in front of him. "I'll feel better once we jump. " He points at the nav display "Expand our sensor sweep, make sure we see anything moving, tagged by TC or not. If Control complains, tell 'em we're just giving our systems a last minute testing."

By personalize I mean, set it so only they can use them. Not gonna let John McLane figure out what we're doing by stealing a walkie! :lol:
Blade.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#197 Post by ffilz »

Sir Baltus is diplomatic corps not Marine. More response later.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#198 Post by Keven »

bruce.desertrat wrote:
Tiglath wrote:Once Connie Malone has lifted and is on route to the jump point the need for Sigrun’s input on the bridge will diminish. She will move back to check in on Emily and Zaki.

Pedro will come along for the initial greeting. He'll decline any offered drinks, with the excuse that he's on flight deck duty. " Pleased to meet you Sir Baltus. Since my security officer is fine with you retaining your personal arms, I am as well. Now if you'll excuse me, I like to stay on the bridge while transiting to jump, especially in busy systems such as this. I would be honored if you would join me for dinner tomorrow evening, celebrate first Jump Night."

He offers Sir Baltus a handshake, inclines his head in a slight bow, and turns to leave. As he does , he leans in close to Sigrun and whispers. "He's armed to the teeth, and if he's just a LSP employee, I'm a Vargr. " He smiles again at Sir Baltus and heads back to the bridge.

Once there, he says to Carlos "Betcha we're in the ramen pot, that LSP security guy sure seems to be expecting big trouble, or planning to cause some. We need to move to secure earbugs for crew comms. Connie, switch all crew intercommunication to encrypted mode, and personalize a bug for each crew member. " He looks up at the nav display, drumming his fingers on his panel in front of him. "I'll feel better once we jump. " He points at the nav display "Expand our sensor sweep, make sure we see anything moving, tagged by TC or not. If Control complains, tell 'em we're just giving our systems a last minute testing."

By personalize I mean, set it so only they can use them. Not gonna let John McLane figure out what we're doing by stealing a walkie! :lol:
Carlos groans. "Great. Our 'buddy' Mr Suit gave us a last minute flonking to send us on our way. How truly divine." He taps some controls and expands the Skywatch. "Think we need to put somebody in the turrets, too?"
In The Marches:

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#199 Post by Tiglath »

(OOC: Assigned to close protection duties on a space ship and toting that much weaponry (including laser weapons) and the trademark cutlass??? Sigrun is applying the "If it looks like a Marine and it smells like a Marine ..." test - and she knows Imperial Marines. Also, given the gym bunny physique, she doesn't even need to check his luggage for the smokey bear hat! ;)

He can claim to be anything he likes from snake oil salesman to missionary but Sigrun believes the only diplomacy he’s practicing is the standard Imperial “When you’ve got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow!” :) ).

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#200 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Keven wrote: Carlos groans. "Great. Our 'buddy' Mr Suit gave us a last minute flonking to send us on our way. How truly divine." He taps some controls and expands the Skywatch. "Think we need to put somebody in the turrets, too?"
Pedro shakes his head. "This close to Regina? Naah. What I'm worried about is some sneaky little limpet to loudly announce our arrival in the next system. Or worse, hull us while in jump. Anything bigger than a beer can comes near us we wanna know about it"

Now why hasn't anyone truly sneaky come up with that before now....and now that I told Eris about this loverly idea not one of us in any game will jump easy again :roll:
Blade.

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”